Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

kvrsw2424 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 pm(Out of curiosity, since they seem to work for both touch and mouse, couldn't these settings be made the default?)
Exact setting is too fast on most mice I tried it, it's not a good default for the mouse.

However, we need to make it so that when you enable touchscreen mode, it actually uses Exact mouse sensitivity in the back end (without actually switching to Exact mode when you're out of touchscreen mode). Then it will make a lot more sense :)

Fixed for XT 1.1.

Great, thanks!

That's really awesome! Fantastic work!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Many thanks to the Surge Team!!! Great job.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Super synth! Thanks!

A great synth even better!

Thanks!

zvenx wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:37 pm I couldn't disagree with you more..
1.9 preset browser for me was much cleaner and better laid out.
Anyway clearly it is not my call.

XT presets looks like a traffic jam to me.....

rsp
I had an idea..

The reason why it looks like a traffic jam to me is for instance it takes me a second to realise that Bluelight and Zoozither are third party banks and that Aggero and Vinyl are presets from the Factory Bank sub category Fx.
What if when you select a folder to choose a preset, the presets are displayed in a different colour other than white.. that is everything in my red rectangle are displayed in a different colour, so immediately I see Aggero and Vinyl not being white I know it is from something other than the white coloured Banks Bluelight and Zoozither? Or if not even a different colour a different intensity of White?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Sorry if it was raised already, but is there an explanation on why the other skins haven't been ported and is there a plan for official new skins? I am hardly loving the default ones sorry...

Thanks,
Mario

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pmI had an idea..

The reason why it looks like a traffic jam to me is for instance it takes me a second to realise that Bluelight and Zoozither are third party banks and that Aggero and Vinyl are presets from the Factory Bank sub category Fx.
What if when you select a folder to choose a preset, the presets are displayed in a different colour other than white.. that is everything in my red rectangle are displayed in a different colour, so immediately I see Aggero and Vinyl not being white I know it is from something other than the white coloured Banks Bluelight and Zoozither? Or if not even a different colour a different intensity of White?
I'm not sure we have any control here - this is just the way JUCE decides to draw menus. Now I guess we could completely override their built-in menu drawing, but that would be a lot of work for questionable returns (the only negative feedback on menus we got so far is yours :cry: ). But there IS a brighter frame around the submenu box that segregates it from the parent menu, at the very least.

Although, curious that yours has a black frame, mine has a gray frame. See:

Last edited by EvilDragon on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mabian wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:32 pm Sorry if it was raised already, but is there an explanation on why the other skins haven't been ported and is there a plan for official new skins? I am hardly loving the default ones sorry...

Thanks,
Mario
Any 3rd party skins are not our responsibility to update. The situation with Royal Surge was explained previously in the thread.

A complete GUI overhaul is planned for XT 2.0 (and much, much more).

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:51 pm .......

Although, curious that yours has a black frame, mine has a gray frame. See:

Ahh my screen shot was on mac.. Let me go look at it on PC.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Yep sadly it is a mac vs pc thing.
On PC it does show the nice defined white border, not so on the mac.

rsp
sound sculptist

Yep we're investigating.

mabian wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:32 pm Sorry if it was raised already, but is there an explanation on why the other skins haven't been ported and is there a plan for official new skins? I am hardly loving the default ones sorry...

Thanks,
Mario
One way, of course, to get a skin you like is to build it and add it to the skin library! We welcome contributions.

Yep it was a strange JUCE decision. We have overriden the menu window drawing method so that now Mac looks the same as Windows.

In an hour or two you should be able to grab the nightly version (which already has a couple of new features!) in a couple of hours from here.

Return to “Instruments”