SIVA Plugz: Range of guitar and bass amp simulations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR people! I'm new here, hope it's OK to post about a product we've just launched?

SIVA Plugz is a range of plugins using the circuit simulator technology we developed for the SIVA multi-fx unit. They're effectively real time spice models of the amp's schematic.

More information and free 14 day trial licences available from our website:
https://smoothhound-innovations.com/sivaplugz

I'm the designer and I'm very happy to answer any technical queries.

Welcome! It should be fine to post about your new products and congratulations. After a few more posts you won't be so restricted. You should consider adding your products to the product database.

I downloaded and checked out the Kent '61 because I'm always interested in a Vox AC30 sound. Since you don't mind technical queries I thought I would ask if AC30s really do have such a big bass bump. I've never used one in real life and what I hear on records is a pretty jangly sound. Yours isn't the only re-creation that feels boomy with all the EQs set to zero.

I don't know whether to commend you for keeping your interfaces simple or recommend that you make them larger. They look a bit cramped, but don't really feel cramped. Thank you for not including screws.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Trying to demo one of your plugins, but I'm unable to get ahold of a trial license:

Hi Mr Beagleton, Sorry about that. Looks like you've found a bug in my website but you need to add trial licences then checkout using the cart button not the licences button (it's not very clear!!). The sendlicences route is to recover licences you've already ordered.

OK I see. I didn't realize clicking Free Trial adds it to the cart.

I've fixed the crash but need to make it clearer that Free Trials work like that. You're not the first.

pough wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:29 pm I downloaded and checked out the Kent '61 because I'm always interested in a Vox AC30 sound. Since you don't mind technical queries I thought I would ask if AC30s really do have such a big bass bump. I've never used one in real life and what I hear on records is a pretty jangly sound. Yours isn't the only re-creation that feels boomy with all the EQs set to zero.
I can suddenly see your graphic. That's a massive bass bump. Don't think that's the AC30 sim doing that. Let me look in to it.

Who's a@a.com?

pough wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:29 pm I thought I would ask if AC30s really do have such a big bass bump. I've never used one in real life and what I hear on records is a pretty jangly sound. Yours isn't the only re-creation that feels boomy with all the EQs set to zero.
Lower EQ Curve Analyzer's Generator out to -60 dB.
The bass bump shows up because your test signal is being distorted.

Here it is at -60 dB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

That looks much more what I'd expect. Good shout @MrBeagleton.
Here's the spice small signal response:

Return to “Effects”