Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

@brian
thanks for the replies! much appreciated.

Is anyone experiencing download problems with RC downloads..?
I can't update RC due to incredibly slow download speed.
I have reached as far as 40% in 30 minutes and than it stopped updating/downloading...
File size is only 333 MB, what gives?
My normal connection speed is around 700 MBPS and I'm connecting fine to other websites.

it downloaded as usual for me (ie. no speed issues here).

however, it didn't solve any of the problems with the version that was dropped a couple of days ago: still shows "updates available" for 2 things i do not have installed.

and doesn't show an update for an apparently new version of jd-800, which i do have installed.

:x

How long ago did you manage to do the upgrade?
Usually it works for me as expected- quick, but today it’s just crap :(
Perhaps Roland servers are down now?
Will attempt again in 30 minutes…

Probably any other company would have had a 50th Anniversary sale.. would be a great time for a sale, Roland :)

https://www.roland.com/global/roland-50th-anniversary/
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 pm How long ago did you manage to do the upgrade?
about a half hour before you posted.

JamminFool wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 pm How long ago did you manage to do the upgrade?
Still no go :(
I’m giving up for 2nite, will try 2morrow again…
Thanx for replying :)

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 pm
JamminFool wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 pm
Still no go :(
I’m giving up for 2nite, will try 2morrow again…
Thanx for replying :)
Quick update to my post:
Tried to download again with no luck.
Decided to try to download RC on my iPad pro and it worked.
Copied installer from my iPad to USB and installed it from there on my Mac.
Install asked me to uninstall previous version first before installing new one.
All is good now, but this update process on Mac is just ridiculous :neutral:

I upgraded RCM this morning with no issues.

Examigan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:30 pm I upgraded RCM this morning with no issues.
Possibly due to new Apple M1 issue on my Mac mini…
As I’ve mentioned, all good now, but with massive work around to install it…

I think they fixed the in the update-available-for-stuff-you-don't-have messages in past couple of hours. RCM updated and now I don't get those messages anymore.

Eh, nope...not for me at least: 2.6.3 still pops up with the updates for the two HW editors, same as in the past days.

Regards,

--
Marco

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Just wanted to drop a few notes about our recent releases in here.

This week, we have released our Roland Cloud Manager version 2.6.3. When you get a chance, please update to this new version and restart your machine.

We've been listening to the community and rolled out a number of fixes with this this version for improved stability and performance. Here's a full list of the fixes between versions 2.6.2 and 2.6.3.

Hotfix for RCM
Fixed: RCM uses 100% of CPU
Fixed: On RCM’s download page, the Legacy version of RCM displays the incorrect range of macOS versions
Fixed: On macOS, RCM hangs when it is closed from the system menu

New: Revamped UI design of RCM
New: Universal build of RCM for Intel/ARM macOS users
New: When a search yields no result, a simple button is displayed to allow the user to easily clear the filters
Improved: Roland Permissions Manager now runs in the background, reducing password prompt frequency
Improved: Focus behavior improved in macOS systems
Improved: Roland Permissions Manager startup improved on macOS
Improved: Increased reliability of the external login flow
Improved: RCM now closes faster when requested from the Tray Panel
Improved: Reduced startup loads on RCM, preventing starting up fans on macOS machines
Improved: Products that depend on ZENOLOGY are allowed to be installed if ZENOLOGY is not installable on the current OS
Improved: RCM starting up on slow internet connections
Improved: Added new loading spinners in some sections of RCM while information is populated
Improved: Faster action and deactivation of PRO items
Improved: Request config data from and endpoint rather than a file
Fixed: Under certain circumstances, the log files were being created in incorrect folders
Fixed: Under certain circumstances, the Windows updater could not start
Fixed: Under certain circumstances, RCM does not start after a fresh installation
Fixed: Under certain circumstances, the authentication of a plugin through the plugin owned credentials dialog fails
Fixed: Under certain circumstances, a product details page isn’t loaded
Fixed: Some failed data requests could be considered successful, displaying incorrect information to the user
Fixed: RCM thinks Windows 11 is Windows 8
Fixed: No series is selected automatically in the Software, Hardware and Test Drive sections when entering for the first time
Fixed: After purchasing an SDZ product of both categories, the product card disappears from the interface
Fixed: RCM won’t start if the computer loses connection to internet while starting up
Fixed: Potential crash during startup
Fixed: When RCM is unable to startup, it displays incorrect error code
Fixed: Some icons in RCM are low resolution
Fixed: “Removing” status doesn’t reset when cancelling sync dialog in macOS
Fixed: Potential crash when closing the Main Window
Fixed: When the current device authentication fails, startup hangs
Fixed: Top menu in macOS isn’t displayed all the required times
Fixed: RCM needed to restart itself when authenticating a plugin through the plugin itself
Fixed: Potential crash when opening the Main Window
Fixed: Library column titles are not centered

Feel free to reach out to me anytime for questions, concerns, or assistance. Thanks for being a part of the Roland Cloud Community!

Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:56 pm Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Just wanted to drop a few notes about our recent releases in here.

Hotfix for RCM
Fixed: RCM uses 100% of CPU
Fixed: On RCM’s download page, the Legacy version of RCM displays the incorrect range of macOS versions
Fixed: On macOS, RCM hangs when it is closed from the system menu
Cool - thanks Brian!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Niggles:

...When I click on the RCM icon in the icon tray (in the Windows navigation bar), the window with the buttons are almost completely blocked by the icon tray.

...When RCM is first loading, the "spinner" is clearly cropped in a bounding box for me: you can see the edges of it on the right and the bottom. I DO have some weird font-size setting in Windows that is probably causing this (my eyes are bad), but still.

Feature request:

The "library" tab of the RCM should really (!!!) have some nesting or better filters, so that I can quickly get to all of the softsynths (vs libraries), and/or to hide all of the Zenology expansions (there are a LOT of them). ...Personally, I'd like to see nesting (folders), with AIRA in one folder and Zenology in another, etc, etc.

Return to “Instruments”