One Synth Challenge #154: Triple Cheese by u-he (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triple Cheese

Congratulations everyone! I'll pass on my prize.

Old_Progger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:30 pm Congrats to the winners and everybody else! So many inspiring and amazing tracks. :clap:

And many thanks for all votes making my first entry reach an unexpected number nine. :love:
Wow, amazing for a first entry. I thought yours was one of the best, if not the very best song. Damn.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After listening to my track back to back with @davi-dj's, I realize that I screwed up my mix royally. In direct contrast to his Winter Solstice, my track sounds too quiet despite beeing over-compressed (thus killing all dynamics), and muffled. I guess it's time to take up reference tracks for mixing and mastering, as well as to invest in my monitoring situation, which is, I'm afraid, far from ideal...

Anyway, I choose AudioThing's Outer Space as my prize.

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm Congratulations everyone! Great tracks all around. I'll take AudioThing Outer Space if no one else does.

Old_Progger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:30 pm Congrats to the winners and everybody else! So many inspiring and amazing tracks. :clap:

And many thanks for all votes making my first entry reach an unexpected number nine. :love:
Wow, amazing for a first entry. I thought yours was one of the best, if not the very best song. Damn.
Ooops, sorry! I guess I was typing at the same time as you (took me a while). I didn't want to snatch it from your nose. Drop me a PM, if you would like me to choose something different.

SeBaer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:42 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm Congratulations everyone! Great tracks all around. I'll take AudioThing Outer Space if no one else does.

Ooops, sorry! I guess I was typing at the same time as you (took me a while). I didn't want to snatch it from your nose. Drop me a PM, if you would like me to choose something different.
Nope, you take it. I'll pass on my prize.

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm Congratulations everyone! I'll pass on my prize.

Great track man, really enjoyed it!

Edit: Whoops, my comment didnt make sense cause the original comment it was replying to was edited away.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

liqih wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:20 pm Bravo to the winners and everybody else.
Now I will say that "Eauson - Invisible Empire" was my favourite, <wink>
Now that’s a win right there ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Congratulations schiing and everyone, you all are awesome!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm
I'm blushing... 8)
Making music make me feel happy. :)

exponent1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:28 pm
Many thanks! I'm not sure I'll ever manage to surpass this.
Making music make me feel happy. :)

In case anyone is interested I've uploaded another longer version of my track mainly with more percussion intro + outro because I tryed to mix with another song and I've seen it was necessary to have more space to mix.
Also you can see me happy with the prize in the photo :D :D

https://soundcloud.com/davi_dj/winter-s ... tended-mix

Old_Progger wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 pm
exponent1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:28 pm
Many thanks! I'm not sure I'll ever manage to surpass this.
As good as it was (and one of the best by my votes), if you keep making tracks, you're very likely to surpass this! That's human nature. (I expect that Beethoven's 10th symphony would have been his best if he finished it...)

:clap: Congrats to the winners for their fine work, as well as to everyone who entered! I sure learn a lot from doing an OSC. Figuring out how to synthesize sounds from scratch is a great exercise, and it helps to reveal the possibilities and limitations of a synth. The only reason I haven't entered for the last few years is the time that is takes to complete. This time, sound design + composition/arranging + mixing took me about 40 hours, which can be a challenge in itself depending upon what else in going on in one's life. But I guess it gets quicker to complete after doing it a few times? Besides figuring out how to shape sounds, choosing and using stock/free plugins instead of the usual ones took more time. (Although this can save money in the long run!)

Immanencer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am :clap: Congrats to the winners for their fine work, as well as to everyone who entered! I sure learn a lot from doing an OSC. Figuring out how to synthesize sounds from scratch is a great exercise, and it helps to reveal the possibilities and limitations of a synth. The only reason I haven't entered for the last few years is the time that is takes to complete. This time, sound design + composition/arranging + mixing took me about 40 hours, which can be a challenge in itself depending upon what else in going on in one's life. But I guess it gets quicker to complete after doing it a few times? Besides figuring out how to shape sounds, choosing and using stock/free plugins instead of the usual ones took more time. (Although this can save money in the long run!)
Yeah I'm with you with the time aspect. I still have zero idea how anyone gets it done in a few hours.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 pm Yeah I'm with you with the time aspect. I still have zero idea how anyone gets it done in a few hours.
Reading what you wrote the famous Bruce Lee quote ”Be like water, my friend” from an interview came to mind.

A search on youtube for it gave me this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78SV6EjTQg

Playing ping pong with nunchuks? WTF!?!? :o :o
Fusion

Return to “Instruments”