Reverb foundry Tai Chi Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tai Chi Tai Chi Lite

I bought it when it was on sale and had already bought Cinematic Room Pro so I got two discounts.

It has replaced R4 use for me and for the most part Relab's Sonsig, my both go to coloured Reverbs..

If I had no other reverb would I buy it for $199? no.. but I would wait for the BF sale for it again (or any other sale).

I have never been really impressed by Valhalla's reverbs (I even bought vintage to show support (as I like many of his free stuff and really like his delay)), but never use it, always use Lexicon's, EA's R2 an R4 (and of course Phoenix and Nimbus) and Relab's Sonsig instead)...so take my advice with a grain of salt.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:11 pm I have never been really impressed by Valhalla's reverbs
:-o Did you forget where you are?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

lol...
I do like his Delay though :)..
(says Daniel in the Lion's Den)
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm fine with Valhalla reverbs tbh. 2C Audio used to be my go-to and i sometimes miss the complexity that Aether/B2 offered, and Tai Chi feels like just convoluted enough to fit that bill.

What i also miss is separate Early/late reflections control, I think i only have Uhbik A that has that.

but 199$ is yikes to me. It sounds good, but not 199$ good. Esp since it's not m1 yet (i know what LS said about it so i know it'll be soon, but still)

wil wait for a decent sale

There’s M1 builds of the Reverb Foundry plugins already available, btw.

is there any reason to install the lite version?
it's not like it uses any less CPU right?

links to v1.0.3 installers...
https://www.reverbfoundry.com/software-downloads/

beely wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:08 am There’s M1 builds of the Reverb Foundry plugins already available, btw.
Beta? The one I downloaded was still x86 only.
Not that it matters, by the time there’s a sale it’ll prolly be native already.
and i remember the liquidsonics guy talking they had a few iLok dependencies holding them back.

arr, i have 1.0.2.

Still, 199$ is too steep for me for a reverb - admittedly good one.
how much does the price go down if one owns liquidsonics? I've been eyeing 7th heaven for years.
sort of wish i noticed this one during intro, 99$ feels reasonable. :?
sqigls wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:14 am is there any reason to install the lite version?
money?
thanks for the links. when i was download i somehow glared over "public preview" :dog:

I think they missed a trick in the introductory sale in that it wasn't clear this is a Liquidsonics reverb. I assumed Reverb Foundry was a new company and therefore this was just another of the gazillion new reverbs that come out all the time, not that it could be something more special, so I didn't really pay it much attention until too late (and I guess that may have also led to others missing the sale?). I can't really see why they did that.

Yeah they did. They’re well established and i didnt put two and two together if it weren’t for GUI

so the Liquidsonics verbs are all convolution/hybrid and the Reverb Foundry verbs are all algorithmic?

as far as i can tell

I thought Cinematic Rooms was algorithmic

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:52 am I thought Cinematic Rooms was algorithmic
I read somewhere that it still uses a small sampled portion, but i won't dare to say anything with certainty :party:

Still, if cinematic rooms is algo, i wonder why they didn't release Tai Chi under liquidsonics.

Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:45 am how much does the price go down if one owns liquidsonics? I've been eyeing 7th heaven for years.
It’s about 30% off if you own Cinematic Rooms, 25% for Seventh Heaven Pro, and on down to about 10% off for owning the cheapest plugins, and the vouchers stack, so the more you own the more you get discounted - it’s a good system that encourages purchases, and rewards those purchases, especially at sale time.

I picked up Tai Chi Lite and HDCart, and LS Reverberate 3 in the last BF sale, and already have SHP. They generally do one good sale a year at BF time. All the reverbs are excellent… :tu:

sqigls wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:14 am is there any reason to install the lite version?
it's not like it uses any less CPU right?
It’s a simpler interface with less options, which is sometimes a plus! The Lite version uses the same CPU as the full version for the same features, but as the full version has extra stuff which also uses CPU, the full version can use more CPU (the main heavier feature is the frequency time modulators, which are missing in TCLite).

The license for the full version lets you run both, btw.

Return to “Effects”