Reason 12 update out (12.2.2)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:05 pm
jens wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:08 amBut guess what: Reason STILL doesn't have MIDI lopp-recording (and which other DAW doesn't? - like seriously, for crying out loud!)
Bitwig, unfortunately :( :dog:

Not true - I am looking into Bitwig as we speak because I could get it for 190€ right now and while it's a lil' convoluted, Bitwig's MIDI loop-recording is perfectly functional&useable.

You can record to a scene - this will get you one long recording which you can then drag on the timeline and split into takes and you subsequently can consolidate those takes you want to keep and finally drag these back into scene slots - that certainly does the trick.

Reason on the other hand simply has no such functionality at all. There's no workaround, using a footpedal to manually create a new lane aside.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

^^^ check the post-recording action too
bottom one with 'Record into Next ...', set some loop record length and ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Ah, interesting - thanks for the hint! So you don't even need to do that manually. Full automatic take-recording functionality is right there. :tu:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:37 pm
antic604 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:05 pm
jens wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:08 amBut guess what: Reason STILL doesn't have MIDI lopp-recording (and which other DAW doesn't? - like seriously, for crying out loud!)
Bitwig, unfortunately :( :dog:

Not true - I am looking into Bitwig as we speak because I could get it for 190€ right now and while it's a lil' convoluted, Bitwig's MIDI loop-recording is perfectly functional&useable.

You can record to a scene - this will get you one long recording which you can then drag on the timeline and split into takes and you subsequently can consolidate those takes you want to keep and finally drag these back into scene slots - that certainly does the trick.

Reason on the other hand simply has no such functionality at all. There's no workaround, using a footpedal to manually create a new lane aside.
I'm aware of that, but it's nowhere near as comfortable as proper MIDI comping.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:o Wow! Now THAT is one hell of a goal-post move right there! :-o

:dog: :dog: :dog:

:hihi:
You’ve got to hate or love him :D
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Bass Generator is confusing.
Trying to change chords with Scales And Chords but nothing is working.

Where do I route what?

Reason is more for mathematicians.

I am a musician and not a button pusher.

DAWs are so time consuming,by the time you work out one little thing,you are too faded to keep going.

No I know why dance and electronic "musos" are druggies.

Going to unsubscribe soon,Reason just does not do anything for me.

jens wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:53 pm :o Wow! Now THAT is one hell of a goal-post move right there! :-o

:dog: :dog: :dog:
I never saw this comment, so I'll reply now.

When you say "loop recording" I immediately think about comping. And Bitwig doesn't have that for MIDI. Sure, there's workaround with Clip Launcher but it's nowhere near as easy and fast as proper comping would be. It's similarly inconvenient as if you would record MIDI performance in Reason in a continuous passage, split it up into segments, move those segments to separate MIDI lanes on a track (something that Bitwig, or most DAWs actually, doesn't have) and then played with razor and mute tools to "comp". Reason's workaround is actually better, because separate MIDI lanes still go to the same instrument, whereas in Bitwig you'd have to manually route the MIDI.

So, in my book both DAWs don't have proper MIDI loop recording and both have workarounds that are far from perfect.

I don't see this as moving the goal post.
Music tech enthusiast

Bassline generator and Algorithm for £64 - Nice!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... tm-bundle/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

What a peculiar pairing.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:11 am What a peculiar pairing.
Something old, something new....good opportunity for anyone who hasn't picked up Algorytm yet- one of the best of the last few years and you get something you probably don't already have with it?

I don't know, I'm not marketing! :dog: But Algoryth makes some great FM Bass sounds...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Out of touch with reality is this price... and that is a discount.
We all know inflation is a thing but that much that fast... maybe in USA later this year.

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 amSomething old, something new....good opportunity for anyone who hasn't picked up Algorytm yet- one of the best of the last few years and you get something you probably don't already have with it?

I don't know, I'm not marketing! :dog: But Algoryth makes some great FM Bass sounds...
Yeah, maybe. I'm on R+ so don't really care.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 am
I thought you were not... I'm so confused right now.
One time you praise it one time you curse it...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 am
I thought you were not... I'm so confused right now.
One time you praise it one time you curse it...
I'm a complicated* person :D

As long as I'll be able to get 1 year of R+ at -50% every year, I'll keep extending it. I'd have to shell out $500+ to complete my 11 Suite to R+, so that wasn't making sense if I could get there for $90.

Also, two things can be true at once - I still love Reason, but I hate RS for their negligence of the DAW side.

* which is an euphemism for "crazy" or "deranged"
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”