Ujam and sounndspot plug-ins are embarrassing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prove me wrong ???
As is all copy fo®e nearly every plugin and (especially) sample pack

Maybe dis should turn into the most embarrassing / gauche and disturbing copy press thread idk if that exists yet let alone how to search fo®e it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4pE57ELSr4

I got Carbon free and I think it's pretty cool actually.

I’ve actually got that t⭕️⭕️ … same pack maybe , the diet isotope one / trash 2 etc

But , like, finisher neo, flux, etc , firefly

Don't you have to be like or something 13 to use the forum?

I bought UJAMs guitar and bass instruments and they are really nice. I wasn't very inspired by their "finishers" or their other loop like sample instruments (drums, loops etc). But I do think the guitar and bass instruments are top notch.

Cclcng wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 amBut , like, finisher neo, flux, etc , firefly
In total, I have 17 paid for Ujam products, plus a couple I got for free, and I use them on a very regular basis. I use Finisher Fluxx on my vocals all the time, it's awesome! I've used Ujam drums on more than 60 songs in the past 18 months and Ujam bass on most of them, too, as well as Ujam guitars on at least half of those. The thing with Ujam plugins is that their sound quality is amazing, as good as the very best out there, and they are really good to work with.

If you need proof, this song uses only Ujam instruments - BM-Vice, VB-Rowdy, VG-Iron and VG-Carbon - and the only effects used are Puncher and EQ on the drums, with FireCobra and a limiter on the master -

https://soundcloud.com/user-365521/blitzkieg-bop-wip

As for Soundspot, Union is my second most used synth, after JP6K, and I reckon I use it on 4 out 5 songs that I work on. I also use Soundspot Halcyon on all my vocal tracks and on other tracks where you might use EQ. It's a really great tool. Yes, a lot of their stuff is fairly anodyne and a few things are just plain useless but as long as you get them when they are $5, who cares? Most of them work well enough and I quite like their GUIs, which means I tend to choose them over other options on the rare occasions I use effects.

Overall, I get a lot more out of Ujam and Soundspot products than I do out of u-he or Valhalla or every other popular developer you care to name, except maybe Synapse or Adam Szabo.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I would be down if Ujam made a follow up with Carbon 2 like they did with Iron 2.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Carbon still has a bigger note range than Iron 2 and in every other way Carbon is at the same level as Iron 2. Carbon was sort of the first v2 spec product they released.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I am sooo agreed that their products need more note range.
Carbon sounds unreal
-but, like, it doesn't have the range of a normal guitar

I don't have many problems with Carbon, I always manage to find an octave that works, but even Iron 2 can be really hard work sometimes. I persevere, though, because I really like the way Iron/Iron 2 sound and using it where most people might expect a more metal guitar sound makes tings more interesting, instead of just more of the same.

I play midi guitar,
but I can access better tones than my guitar processing by using VSTs
- I have no issues with uJam's sounds, just that the range would cover 128 midi notes
-or at least 1 octave below 40 and one octave above 88

Cool, barebones stuff for decent prices (on sale at least). I find their stuff on the same level as Wave Alchemy. Good for ideas and occasionally making a track, but lacks features that would make them more useful to me.
The groove baby, the groove...

Like what? I find them very full-featured. Maybe you need to spend more time with them? I've replaced Battery with Ujam drums and Ujam's guitar instruments work way better for me than any of the Kontakt libraries and instruments I have.

Return to “Instruments”