Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

zzz00m wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 pm
JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:36 am
is this happening in the version with the fix for the MIDI output problem in Waveform?

if so, it sounds like there may be more cleanup in the MIDI msgs that needs to be done, and possibly this explains why pete was still seeing issues when the experimental engine in Waveform was enabled?

the problem when using the experimental engine in Waveform concerns me since that is the default suggested configuration, and the way I use Waveform, and I wonder if this is indicating a reason.
I have the MIDI working in Waveform using Wotja 22.0.10, as long as the experimental engine is "off".

As soon as I turn the experimental engine back "on", no MIDI.
hopefully pete will successfully address this in the next update (22.0.12 :pray: )

JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:31 pm
is this happening in the version with the fix for the MIDI output problem in Waveform?

if so, it sounds like there may be more cleanup in the MIDI msgs that needs to be done, and possibly this explains why pete was still seeing issues when the experimental engine in Waveform was enabled?

the problem when using the experimental engine in Waveform concerns me since that is the default suggested configuration, and the way I use Waveform, and I wonder if this is indicating a reason.
I have the MIDI working in Waveform using Wotja 22.0.10, as long as the experimental engine is "off".

hopefully pete will successfully address this in the next update (22.0.12 :pray: )
Well - this is very interesting. In my own testing, it didn't work with the experimental engine "on".

If this remains the case in 22.0.11, I'd suggest contacting Tracktion?

But as noted, I've got something else to try next week - I'm presuming this will be 22.0.12; depending on what else I manage to do.

As you'll have seen, rapid updates remain the order of the day right now, we've been working hard to keep our lovely early adopters as happy as possible! ;)

We'll settle down to normal feature development in a few weeks, I hope.

Best wishes, Pete

impete wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm
JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Well - this is very interesting. In my own testing, it didn't work with the experimental engine "on".

But as noted, I've got something else to try next week - I'm presuming this will be 22.0.12; depending on what else I manage to do.

As you'll have seen, rapid updates remain the order of the day right now, we've been working hard to keep our lovely early adopters as happy as possible! ;)

Best wishes, Pete
im using 22.0.10 right now, and (as noted above) and if I turn off the experimental engine, then MIDI appears from Wotja. But it doesn't quite work right (instruments play stuck notes when Wotja times out or is stopped, only MIDI from channel 1, etc). I assume that is what pete fixed in 22.0.11, which we should get soon.

but if 22.0.11 still doesn't work with the experimental engine turned back on, then there is still a problem that needs to be fixed in Wotja, not necessarily Waveform.

i base this statement on the observation that the Reason Rack works just fine in Waveform with the experimental engine on.

JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm but if 22.0.11 still doesn't work with the experimental engine turned back on, then there is still a problem that needs to be fixed in Wotja, not necessarily Waveform.
Yes, absolutely! Looking forward to further feedback from you of course!

Pete

impete wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm
JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm but if 22.0.11 still doesn't work with the experimental engine turned back on, then there is still a problem that needs to be fixed in Wotja, not necessarily Waveform.

Pete
cool! standing by to test 22.0.11! :wink:

JamminFool wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:13 pm
impete wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Pete
cool! standing by to test 22.0.11! :wink:
:tu:

impete wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Best wishes, Pete
@impete

No worries, I wasn't complaining! Just got around to some more testing with 22.0.10 and was just confirming your observation.

Really do appreciate the ongoing rapid bug squashing! :clap:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

impete wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:22 pm Hi folks,

I have a feeling that the plug-in scan crashes we've seen with Union.vst3, seem to be when Wotja (64-bit) calls in to the Union (32-bit) VST code.

Does that make any sense to anybody as a theory?

EDIT: this is working for me, however!

Best wishes, Pete
Update on "Union.vst3" here. Scanning OK now in Wotja 22.0.10.

Also "Amplitube 4.vst3" is no longer crashing the scan, but the plugin does not appear in the browser. Is it being "blacklisted" somehow?

impete wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:35 am
ValliSoftware wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 am Does anyone know where these Wotja 22 Pro Flow documents are stored on a Mac OSX System.
Wotja 22 Pro Flow Documents.png
Hi! They're all built-in to the application.

If you want to save one of these yourself:
- Settings - select Randomization segment control item
- Press the "open" icon on the left of the toolbar immediately below the segment control
- scroll down to the item you want, and select it - this is now what is used for all random mixes and albums until you next change it
- Press the "down arrow" icon on the right of the toolbar immediately below the segment control
- Select Save As from the pop-up menu - it will now appear in the file system, in your Wotja Data folder

Best wishes, Pete
Thanks for the info but I wanted to bring over these Flows from Wotja Pro 20 as Flows for Wotja 22 Pro.
Currently they're setup on my system as user Mixes, but I'd rather just have them as Flows in Wotja 22 Pro.
Is that possible?
Wotja Pro 20.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZincT wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am @ValliSoftware
I don't have the Mac version and I'm not at my PC right now, but have you tried Help Menu - - Show Wotja Data Folder? I think flows are stored as randomisation presets so .wotjarp files.

UPDATE: I'm at my PC now and I cannot find the flow files either (I know you are on Mac). So maybe wait for Pete to answer.
Thanks for the reply, see my post to Pete regarding why I wanted to know this.

ValliSoftware wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 pm
ZincT wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am @ValliSoftware
I don't have the Mac version and I'm not at my PC right now, but have you tried Help Menu - - Show Wotja Data Folder? I think flows are stored as randomisation presets so .wotjarp files.

UPDATE: I'm at my PC now and I cannot find the flow files either (I know you are on Mac). So maybe wait for Pete to answer.
Thanks for the reply, see my post to Pete regarding why I wanted to know this.
Yes, absolutely. With the old copy of Wotja (say, Wotja 20, or Wotja 21)

For any old "built-in" Flows you want to export from Wotja (say) 20, that aren't in Wotja 22. do the following from your old Wotja (say) 20:
- Settings - select Randomization segment control item
- Press the "open" icon on the left of the toolbar immediately below the segment control
- scroll down to the item you want, and select it - this is now what is used for all random mixes and albums until you next change it
- Press the "down arrow" icon on the right of the toolbar immediately below the segment control
- Select Save As from the pop-up menu - it will now appear in the file system, in your Wotja Data folder

You can then access these from your (new) Wotja 22.

Hoping that helps!

Pete

zzz00m wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 pm Update on "Union.vst3" here. Scanning OK now in Wotja 22.0.10.

Also "Amplitube 4.vst3" is no longer crashing the scan, but the plugin does not appear in the browser. Is it being "blacklisted" somehow?
Thanks for the update!

That is very promising.

The app doesn't have any "internal" blacklist, so that makes me think that the scan of it failed for some reason.

A future update to Wotja should hopefully (!) make it easier to review the scan status of Plug-ins.

With very best wishes, Pete

Maybe I missed the fix announcement, but decided to revisit the 44,100Hz sample rate limit with the Windows plugin using the 22.0.10 update.

Good news is that this plugin tested fine here at 44,100, 48,000, 96,000, and 192,000Hz. The internal sounds and the MIDI routing to VST synths on other tracks both worked at the tested rates, using Cakewalk. Although I had to bump my sample buffers up to 1024 to get 192Khz to run without giving my CPU fits! I have actually never used 192 for anything, but it works!

Good job @impete :tu:

Edit: Also got it running in Ableton Live at 96,000Hz, so I assume it's good elsewhere. :D

hi pete,
i'm noticing some inconsistencies in how the buttons along the bottom (Music, Text, Display, Plug-ins, Record) work when you are in the Settings page.

Music and Plug-ins buttons are both disabled from Settings, while Text, Display and Record buttons all work. is this intended?

furthermore, from Settings: if i press Record followed by Display, it returns to the Settings. again, not expected.

playing with different orders like this results in inconsistent navigation. it becomes very difficult to predict where you will end up. i'm not sure of the exact steps, but there is a case where when you get back to Settings this way and use the "back" button (arrow) to exit the Settings page, the buttons along the bottom (for example, Record) actually took me back to the Settings page (rather than the Record page, as expected), even though I had previously exited the Settings properly.

There are many problems with hosted plug-ins being drawn incorrectly:

Of my VST3 collection, the problems fall into 3 main categories:

1) window frame is slightly too large along the bottom edge (there is extra blank space under the main GUI). If the plugin has the ability to be resized, then the window frame is not properly adjusted to account for the resize and GUI elements are lost. this problem applies to all of my plug-ins not included in (2) or (3) below and include: Twin2, Kontakt, Massive, Reason Rack plug-in, Plasmonic, and all of the Rob Papen synths.

2) the window frame for the plug-in is shown as a tiny upper left corner of the plugin, in which part of the GUI may or may not be shown. examples of this are Massive X (no GUI elements), and all of the Roland Cloud plug-ins (upper left part of GUI shown, but in tiny window frame)

3) an empty frame is drawn initially, but the GUI is drawn after you click in the empty window frame. after that they show the same problems as described in (1). examples of this include Diva and Hive.

Return to “Instruments”