Your favorite sound designer?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:40 am This is like asking who my favourite checkout operator is at the local supermarket
Sooo, who is she? :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:24 pm
BONES wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:40 am This is like asking who my favourite checkout operator is at the local supermarket
:lol:
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

he's in love with a girl at a certain manchester lidl checkout desk.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Don Solaris has not been mentioned yet. I like his style most. Good one :clap:

The Plughugger guy

The Unfinished
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Or he, or they/it :roll:

BONES wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 amIt's not just a skill--it requires an ear, a knack, a talent for being able to identify sounds created that will make a song, define it.
People with those talents might be better at it but any idiot with basic knowledge of how a synth works can do it to an acceptable, useful standard. i.e. A standard which would make their work interchangeable with that of someone with more natural talent, in the context of a mix.
In the context of your mix. If you had some perspective on the breadth of genres in electronic music, you would know that plenty of times sound design is the difference maker in whether a track is good or great.
BONES wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 am
You may not make the type of music where discerning differences in sounds is relevant.
That type of music doesn't actually exist in any meaningful way, which is to say that it could be applied to any music. What's relevant about sounds is that they work in a mix, that they do the job you need them to do. And in a mix, more often than not it's the simple sounds that do the job best.
In your mixes with the type of music you make. There is plenty of well-liked electronic music where unique sounds stand out in the mix. You might not like it, but your dictates are not universal.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

But that's not what you said. You said there was a type (or types) of music "where discerning differences in sounds is relevant", which is a different thing entirely that can apply to any music at all. I mean, we all want to be able to discern the kick drum from the bassline or the vocals from the guitars, don't we? Otherwise it's just noise.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ha. What I initially said about discerning differences was a dig at those obscure Australian punk bands you posted a year or more ago.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I think everyone is familiar with the feeling of paying money for a preset pack and then finding out that it has extremely lazy labels such as Bass 01, Bass 02, etc., with the majority of the presets being very similar or drown in effects to cover up uninspiring sounds. That's why I respect the people that really spend their time creating unique and interesting patches instead of simply following trends. Here are some people that I highly recommend:

John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl at www.pluginguru.com

Daniel Stańczykiewicz at www.spektralisk.com

Simon Stockhausen at www.patchpool.net

We recommend listening to presets from Bellatrix Audio:
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=576946

I guess i'll never see my brand in topics like this,cause neither like nor follow commercial rules and trading lows of the 'business' :):):)
To me is hobby which buy next (paid)synth with donations,that's my business :)
Life is too short,too beautiful and crazy to waste it chasing mirages :)
Also the paradox of user taste,opinion,desires:
Paradox1:
Had really bad 2021 year and at some point decide to upload as freeware a set for Sylenth1 developed half year and dare to say it's unique as sound and modulations - download was like 10 times....which totally ruin me,considering the condition i was at that time and decide to continue upgrade it and re released as donationware???
Probably have to stop accepting it so emotionally,but if the sound still matters to users as it is to me,better stuff should be requested from all designers,when you are not satisfied - i accept criticism as something good when it is about the sound,sometimes is minor stuff like db leveling so on,other times users just write you how much like(or don't) your sound,which flatter(or hurt) your ego,but feedback is important for progress :)

Paradox2:
Don't remember when released 4 soundbanks for synth1,but still after over 4 000 downloads and some comments from somebody who like the sound,nobody ask me about proper mod wheel modulations or best presets in one bank?
Why,no idea,it's like one day work for me,just need some feedback,but obviously nobody care to spend five minutes for feedback.
That's my complain from users :):):)
Cheers :)

Some sound designers I admire:

Luftrum: Masterful pads and VA patches.
The Unfinished: Highest quality cinematic patches.
The Unshushable Coktor: Invariably creates my favourite factory presets for u-he's synths.
Howard Scarr: His u-he factory presets are always worth deconstructing.
Aiyn Zahev: His soundsets are not always in my genre, but he does things with synths that had never occurred to me.
Swan Audio: For anyone who doubts that virtual analogue can compare to the real thing.
Oblivion Sound Lab
Synthesizer soundsets and audio plugins
https://oblivionsoundlab.com

GMusic wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:23 pm Mirko Ruta has my vote. His sounds are so fresh and alive, consistently, regardless of genre:
I really really really had a bad day. However, this post brings a lot of positive energy back into my heart. Thank you for the kind words.

Peace! :-)

Return to “Soundware”