If a soft synth could magically become a hardware unit, which one would you smash into floating molecules with a mallet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i haven't really had any bad luck with the soft synths that i've chosen to use, and the ones i use now are almost kinda like having a hardware version, in that, i use NKS capable soft synths that are all mapped to my Maschine knobs & Jam touch strips
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:39 pm
user2048 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm Is the question "what soft synth would I like to see as hardware" or "what soft synth do I hate and would I like to see as hardware so I could smash it"?
The second one. However, I’m enjoying the replies the ambiguity has caused.
That's the way I read it and wondered why everybody hates on Bazille... :lol:
I personally would smash Rand by Sampleson, although I succeeded at my highest yet placement with that at KVROSC. The novelty of the randomize button wears of quickly and the underlying synth engine isn't that powerful. Also, and more importantly, the left audio channel is corrupted.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:36 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:34 pm
wwjd wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:08 pm
Cochrane wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:40 pm Every VST2 plugin not ported to VST3 in next 24 months... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
i'm not keeping up, what is the short version of this issue?
Cubase. Evil.
Steinberg. Evil.

Cannot blame poor Cubase
Will VST2s I own suddenly stop functioning in REAPER?

wwjd wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:14 pm
Not suddenly... but it appears that Steinberg wants to prevent developers from selling, updating or supporting VST2 plugins.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:27 pm
wwjd wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:14 pm
Not suddenly... but it appears that Steinberg wants to prevent developers from selling, updating or supporting VST2 plugins.
Selling ok, but updating and supporting?!
I hope the CLAP programmers will step on it, it's time to get rid of Steinberg.

NI TRK-01 (just the bass module would be fine).

It is remarkable how much Steinberg is ruining their reputation. A few months ago, they got props for announcing they would ditch their licensing system. Now they are in the toilet, riding a VST3 surfboard down the chute as they simultaneously hold down the flusher. So, yeah, I'm all for smashing all my Steinberg plugins to bits--and doing the opposite of recommending them in any thread where they are mentioned.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I would smash Massive X. Although if it were hardware it would have to address most what I hate about it, which is mostly UI and workflow. But if it were as badly designed in hardware form as it is in software form, I'd smash it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm I would smash Massive X. Although if it were hardware it would have to address most what I hate about it, which is mostly UI and workflow. But if it were as badly designed in hardware form as it is in software form, I'd smash it.
If that were the case, you never would have bought it!! :hihi:

voidhead23 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:59 pm NI TRK-01 (just the bass module would be fine).
Oooh, good suggestion. A really nice bass synth.

Almost too bad there are better bass synths: I wish I had more reason to use TRK.

But, yeah, I'd want that hardware.

kobal wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:14 pm the opposite is way more intresting, if magically a hardware unit of choice could become a plugin.
i would pick something that plugins need years to matchs sonically if something like that exist ,or something that will never be emulated cause not "mainstream " enought
How about a Virus? :wink: :phones:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=559359
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm I would smash Massive X. Although if it were hardware it would have to address most what I hate about it, which is mostly UI and workflow. But if it were as badly designed in hardware form as it is in software form, I'd smash it.
no one is buying, we're using the dark arts to bring software to life!
i only see this going wrong when someone accidentally makes resident evil real and we are totally screwed!

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:30 am
pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm
no one is buying, we're using the dark arts to bring software to life!
i only see this going wrong when someone accidentally makes resident evil real and we are totally screwed!
My Waldorf M eliminates the T virus

:phew:

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Return to “Instruments”