DSP563xx Emulator (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest build (1.2.0) has no GUI but gives you access to the parameters so you can change them and automate. Virus A, B and C banks and patches can also be loaded into it. Development is a little slow at the moment but will hopefully ramp back up again soon and a full GUI is in the works.

Beta builds available are;

MacOS - VST2/VST3/AU Intel 64-bit & Apple Silicon
Windows VST2 64-bit
Linux VST2 64-Bit

The project is open source so you can also compile yourself for your platform of choice.

Head over to discord to try it yourself! As mentioned before you need to source the ROM yourself.

Link on our site - https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/
Last edited by lb24569 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

Nice! Thank you!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

lb24569 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm The latest build (1.2.0) has no GUI but gives you access to the parameters so you can change them and automate. Virus A, B and C banks and patches can also be loaded into it. Development is a little slow at the moment but will hopefully ramp back up again soon and a full GUI is in the works.
Linux support?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Yup Linux VST2 64-Bit
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

Beauty!

Just to update, there is now a fully working GUI in the latest beta!

Head over to our discord to test it for yourself!

https://discord.gg/76tGdcVT

lb24569 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 pm Just to update, there is now a fully working GUI in the latest beta!

Head over to our discord to test it for yourself!

https://discord.gg/76tGdcVT
Tested Rom C in Bitwig, Windows 10. :tu: :tu:

Good job!
바보

Does this GUI allow you to load any of the synth roms listed on the first page? Like Nords etc.? Or is it really just for the Virus?

Random question, is the TI going to be emulated eventually or is that beyond the scope of the project?

Incredible work so far, crazy to see the whole thing up and going.

this is amazing. thank you. the new version with gui uses about 5 % per patch on my i7-7700k 4.5ghz desktop.
unfortunately on my i7-3630QM 2.4ghz laptop, it choques no matter the buffer size i set on ableton live. The laptop has no audio interface so im using mme\directx. Maybe that is the reason. I was expecting that a super large buffer would fix it, but it doesnt.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

The plugin uses it's own realtime priority thread afaik. The devs say that the host either reports a low 10% or goes to choking with no middle point in between.

In both Carla and Bitwig I still get a bunch of xruns under jack on some patches, but much less than before ;)
See some nice progress on this project, will keep the old Virus sound alive for sure!

That's what I've seen here.
rafa1981 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:57 pm The plugin uses it's own realtime priority thread afaik. The devs say that the host either reports a low 10% or goes to choking with no middle point in between.

before the first preset would use 200% cpu in this laptop (virus c with 6v5 rom). then i updated to 1.25 and the first four presets runned very smoothly, with a cpu hit of 5% in ableton live. i thought, wow amazing. then i changed to the 5th preset and cpu spikes again with 200% cpu hit. ive loaded the first preset again, but it was using all the cpu again. i guess that after the first spike there is no turning back, it spikes on all the presets.
ive also found a little bug. when you change presets with program change, the synth changes the preset, but the screen showing the name of the preset isnt updated and always shows the same preset name.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

hcv242 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:07 am ive also found a little bug. when you change presets with program change, the synth changes the preset, but the screen showing the name of the preset isnt updated and always shows the same preset name.
Yes. That's happening here in Cubase 11 on win10 as well.
But otherwise it runs great. I don't get spikes or overloads.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”