Wave Alchemy Triaz [Kontakt]

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triaz

Hello
I understood that Drumvolution and Triaz were significantly different products. Could someone please tell me what are the profiles and the main differences between these 2 plugs?
Thanks a lot
All the best

Louspatte wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm Hello
I understood that Drumvolution and Triaz were significantly different products. Could someone please tell me what are the profiles and the main differences between these 2 plugs?
Thanks a lot
All the best
I would like to know too. I don’t see any difference, except drumvolution has a nicer ui.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Absolutely loving Triaz!!
The sounds and workflow are soo good!

Question:
I saw Triaz has a NKS integration.

If I get a Komplete Kontrol keyboard will I be able to
1. Control all sound parameters?
2. When I trigger a drum through the keyboard will the parameter page automatically update to that drum page's parameters?

Context: I hate working only with the mouse and the keyboard cursor keys don't work in Kontakt.
It's much better to use keyboard or dedicated knobs for pitching and editing a drum sound.
Many thanks!

ps. Also have Drumvolution, loved those sample too but I definately prefer Triaz's workflow and samples.

short question to the user here =

under =

snare electronic-tight-"Tone Bass"

is your field blank , too ?
i think this is a issue because the sample is missing

riley4reason wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:08 pm
Louspatte wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm Hello
Thanks a lot
All the best
I would like to know too. I don’t see any difference, except drumvolution has a nicer ui.
This is fully explained in this thread.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

JohanH211 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:00 pm Absolutely loving Triaz!!
The sounds and workflow are soo good!

Question:
I saw Triaz has a NKS integration.

If I get a Komplete Kontrol keyboard will I be able to
1. Control all sound parameters?
2. When I trigger a drum through the keyboard will the parameter page automatically update to that drum page's parameters?

Context: I hate working only with the mouse and the keyboard cursor keys don't work in Kontakt.
It's much better to use keyboard or dedicated knobs for pitching and editing a drum sound.
Many thanks!

ps. Also have Drumvolution, loved those sample too but I definately prefer Triaz's workflow and samples.
1. Volume, pan, verb send & delay send only. Almost worthless for my needs, and not good NKS implementation IMO.

2. Yes.
The groove baby, the groove...

Trying the demo version. Great sounds and very easy to use.

Few questions regarding automation from DAW (Reaper):

Are You able to automate properly Send FX parameters? I had some issues automating delay on/off and delay output volume. When output volume automation is added to track automation, delay on/off switch doesn't seem to work. Also, output slider for each Send FX doesn't seem to change the FX volume. Is it maybe some demo limitation?

Can You automate Channel FX parameters, like Shaper redux? It's not in the automation list. Can I add any custom parameter to automate from DAW, maybe at Kontakt level?

I've also noticed, that sometimes knobs labels stuck and show only values or only parameter names. Again, maybe it happens only in demo?

How can I automate volume in Ableton from individual mixer channel in Triaz?
Can I assign it to a macro?
Cant get it to work.

Tnx

No individual volume or pan control per track in the sequencer view? Really?

And why is it so convoluted to load your own samples? Why can't I load them into the sequencer view?

And why no hot swap from the current user sample folder?

And why is the pan slider in the mixer so quirky and hard to grab?

No idea who's thinking up these plugins.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raddler1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:50 am

@ wave alchemy, dropping the Drumvolution samples in the user area is cool, but I bought my copy via Plugin boutique, so only Revolution and Triaz are on my WA account page, I hope there is a way to get those samples after providing my serial somewhere?

wave alchemy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 am Oh, and we are going to push a major update in the quite near future that allows the sequencing of FX, and specifically the XY pad. This means you can blend between drums in the sequencer, essentially giving you 36 drums to play with in real time when sequencing! The possibilities with this will be pretty epic :D
Fantastic news, can’t wait. This was the first thing I had on my wish list.

If the UI change to scalable isn’t happening anytime soon, maybe it would be possible to do a small and a large interface, and let people choose? If you have a large monitor it is very small.

Just bought it and have started playing with it, lots of cool features, thanks.

ed_anger wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:38 am
If the UI change to scalable isn’t happening anytime soon, maybe it would be possible to do a small and a large interface, and let people choose? If you have a large monitor it is very small.
I caved in today and bought Triaz. But this would be my number 1 feature request. The small GUI takes away some of the fun for me.

Yeah it sucks to have such a tiny GUI, but it is NI ' s fault for not bringing kontakt into the modern age of 4k displays. NI is not that what it was once was anymore. They are (getting) lazy with only expansion packs. Too bad, Drumvolution suffers from the same tiny GUI due to the Kontakt frameworks.

wave alchemy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:56 am We could have very easily made TRIAZ have a really nice 3D / 2.5D feel to it, which would have looked more impressive for some people (obviously this stuff is very much personal preference as previously noted), but we do stand by our decision to make this flat with a dark colour and have all colour come from the different drum types / section. This in practice makes it very easy on the eye and also helps drastically with the UX and workflow. Drumvolution for example looked quite flashy, but also looks like a sea of knobs with not much differentiation. As a first time user you can't really just look at Drumvolution and understand what is where and what does what. It is quite hard on the eye and more complex to use and navigate, especially as a first time user, due to this!
I agree with you and also find the UI quite good! It's clean, beautiful to look at and it is indeed useful that colours represent drum types.

But more importantly, what a beautiful GUI is is a very subjective topic, therefore I feel there's no point in individual KVR users either praising or bashing the GUI of TRIAZ. If we wanted to find out how people in general feel about the GUI, we'd have to take a survey. But what one or two or even several individuals in this thread think about such a subjective topic honestly doesn't matter, so can we please just quit it :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”