One Synth Challenge #155: Any One Synth (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !
So I finally got some time to make a track for OSC. Meanwhile I change my artist name so my Soundcloud name(Autonym8) doesn't match with my name here (diaseis). Is that a big issue ? Maybe I need to create a whole new account here or ask KVR support to change my name. :?

Anyway, I chose Native Instrument's Razor. I've always loved this synth especially for its etheral pads and its metalic sci-fi sound effects. I thought at first it would be challenging to make proper drum hits since it's an additive synth but it turned out to be pretty good, even though consistency was difficult to get (oscillators are all free running). I extensively used Ableton Live's Limiter in order to counter balance that, I think it did a good job.

25x Native Instrument's Razor

Ableton Live Stock Plugins:
3x Auto Filter
2x Auto Pan
2x Channel EQ
10x Compressor
5x Delay
16x EQ Eight
2x Gate
14x Limiter
14x Multiband Dynamics
2x Reverb
1x Saturator (Analog Clip : 1.7dB)
24x Utility

Max for Live:
2x LFOi (those modulate some parameter of the synth, if it's not OK I can replace them with automation)

Paid Plugins :
1x Native Instrument Solid Bus Comp
1x Cableguys Shaperbox (for ducking purposes)
1x proximity EQ +
1x Waves' H-Reverb (early reflections on drums)
1x TRackS Saturator X

Mastering chain (paid plugins) :
1x Izotope Tonal Balance Control (metering)
3x Mastering the Mix LEVELS (metering)
1x T-Racks 5 Quad Limiter
1x Ozone 8 Standard Edition
1x Fabfilter Pro L2
1x TDR Limiter 6GE

I hope you like it ! :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/autonym8/autonym ... oon-osc155

[EDIT] I've remastered my track as I didn't like my previous master. Hope you like the change :)
Last edited by diaseis on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diaseis wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm Meanwhile I change my artist name so my Soundcloud name(Autonym8) doesn't match with my name here (diaseis). Is that a big issue ? Maybe I need to create a whole new account here or ask KVR support to change my name. :?
According to the rules it's sufficient to state your KVR username in the track title. You don't need to rename any accounts.

From the rules page of KVR OSC
Soundcloud file-name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.

Thanks, I've renamed the track (it will be named like this until OSC end's and then the artist name will go back to Autonym ;) )

Is it possible to get KVR to change your name here? I chose this name in like the mid 2000's and I don't use it anymore.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:44 pm Is it possible to get KVR to change your name here? I chose this name in like the mid 2000's and I don't use it anymore.
I think you can PM Ben: viewtopic.php?t=405846

Nice ! I sent a PM, now I'll wait and see !

here's my submission.

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/trayfield

DAW = Reaper 6.45

Synth = 14 X Serum

Effects = 4U+ ProjectTime, SPAN, RC-20, 5 X ReaLimit,
4 X Ozone 9 Equalizer, SuperMassive, 2 X Volume/Pan Smoother v5,
2 X MJUC, Ozone 9 Dynamics, 2 X ShaperBox 2, Ozone 9 Imager,
Lofi Space Stereo

BPM = 76
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

I already missed a lot of rounds and do not wanted t start new year without KVR OSC. So here is my submission for this round.
https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/frozen-heart
Cinematic melodic ambient track with short, kind of synthwave(? I'm not good in specifying music style) part. EQ's and the rest of plugins are used only to help mix that thing together. Wanted to make all the sounds dry without any additional processing.

Now if you start looking for some information's regarding synth I used, don't waste your time. I started about year ago to work on this synth and it is still not released yet. I'm still thinking if it is worth to release it since it is, well junk :) and there is already plenty of good synthesizers. So in this round not only sound are made from scratch but also the whole synth.

So at least here is screen how it looks. How it sounds you can hear in track :D

FL Studio 20.6
14 instances of Asper

DAW FX's:
8x Fruity parametric EQ 2, 1x Maximus, 1x Fruity Multiband Compressor, 2x Fruity Limiter, 1x Fruity Center, 3x Fruity Peak Controller
Other FX's:
9x zOne ArxOne

Statistics:
Max momentary loudness -6.9 LUFS
Max short-tem loudness -10.2 LUFS
Integrated loudness -14.6 LUFS
Loudness range 8.3 LU
True peak L -1.01dB
True peak R -1.01dB

TrojakEW wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:46 pm I already missed a lot of rounds and do not wanted t start new year without KVR OSC. So here is my submission for this round.
https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/frozen-heart
Cinematic melodic ambient track with short, kind of synthwave(? I'm not good in specifying music style) part. EQ's and the rest of plugins are used only to help mix that thing together. Wanted to make all the sounds dry without any additional processing.

Now if you start looking for some information's regarding synth I used, don't waste your time. I started about year ago to work on this synth and it is still not released yet. I'm still thinking if it is worth to release it since it is, well junk :) and there is already plenty of good synthesizers. So in this round not only sound are made from scratch but also the whole synth.

So at least here is screen how it looks. How it sounds you can hear in track :D

FL Studio 20.6
14 instances of Asper

DAW FX's:
8x Fruity parametric EQ 2, 1x Maximus, 1x Fruity Multiband Compressor, 2x Fruity Limiter, 1x Fruity Center, 3x Fruity Peak Controller
Other FX's:
9x zOne ArxOne

Statistics:
Max momentary loudness -6.9 LUFS
Max short-tem loudness -10.2 LUFS
Integrated loudness -14.6 LUFS
Loudness range 8.3 LU
True peak L -1.01dB
True peak R -1.01dB
So it's you, the creator of the unique and amazing plugins Eclipsis, Strum, Amplio and others, telling us that your synthesizer is junk?! We are bombarded with tons of banal and unoptimized junk, but your plugins and your ideas are special! And my world will no longer be the same after I saw this screenshot, and I will dream and hope that The Asper will see the light!
And I also liked your short but expressive track!

@bjporter and @RichardSemper can you please delete my account at www.onesynthchallenge.org?
The domain for the e-mail I used will soon expire so I would like to re-register with another e-mail :) Many thanks :pray:
Fusion

My robot composer is angry at me I think, and got a little overheated on this one. I think its because I haven't named him yet.
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... al_sharing
It's all Instruo for the VCOs, with all sorts of other bits and bobs manipulating them. So I guess the DAW and the Synth are both VCV Rack 2. As usual I have Kotelnikov and Loudmax between the master and the record module.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:17 pm My robot composer is angry at me I think, and got a little overheated on this one. I think its because I haven't named him yet.
If he's so moody, I suggest naming him Marvin. :wink:

IV! wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:03 pm We are bombarded with tons of banal and unoptimized junk, but your plugins and your ideas are special! And my world will no longer be the same after I saw this screenshot, and I will dream and hope that The Asper will see the light!
And I also liked your short but expressive track!
Well one thing but I consider my dev skill very very poor and this reflects how well this idea is converted to real product. Asper is kind of ready to be released but I do not think there is need for additional synth in this world full of synths. So when I get some time I for sure upload it here on KVR with some more info regarding the features and limitations and problems. Wish I have better skills to make my ideas work better. Thank you for your kind words.

+++ POLL / NOT A SUBMISSION +++
Recently I have a little creative outburst ... I actually finished another track with Vital.
Which one would you say will finish better in the january OSC?
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:04 pm Which one would you say will finish better in the january OSC?
No idea! But the first one is a bit generic, while the second has a lot more interesting PeterH stuff going on.

Return to “Instruments”