Blue Cat Connector

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked this up yesterday and have played with it a bit. Amazing little plugin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwaTIO1uK0

I feel like this is something I have often wanted but for the life of me I can't see how I would use it much now. Tried the demo and works well, blue cat are good devs, I have quite a few of their plugins.
But for this one I need to see a few more use cases for me
Last edited by fairlyclose on Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Someone found some creative uses with Unify:

viewtopic.php?p=8330314&sid=558d8e47ca6 ... b#p8330314

@ fairlyclose:
Check out the User Manual for some uses.

Maybe a "master" DAW on one system with "support" DAWs on other system; distributing the CPU load and disk usage across multiple systems. I do not know about any latency, though.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That looks really great. I think I'll make good use of it. One use case would be for recording the audio of virtual instruments that run on another machine. For starters, that makes it much easier to achieve ultra-low latency even on busy projects. Plus personally I am not a big friend of MiIDI at all. Usually I vastly prefer comping takes over MiDI editing....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

This would be extremely useful for people like me. My DAW is Bitwig, but I love those synths that only run in Mainstage/Logic (Alchemy, Sculpture…). That way I can include them into a Bitwig session. I could also have a PC running with some Win only plugins…
But its not ready yet, audio seems fine, but Midi isn’t. I get lots of stuck and missing notes…

could be used to integrate windows vsts when working with a Mac, just buy one of those cheap little intel nuc systems to not miss out on some crunchy old vsts ;)

Or run Windows in a VM…

i have it now but i don’t understand the midifeatures in this plugin.
did someone have an example?
btw. bluecat has a lot of great plugins!

andreasg wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 am i have it now but i don’t understand the midifeatures in this plugin.
They have a demo version and the manual is available online and PDF:

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... Connector/

andreasg wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 am i have it now but i don’t understand the midifeatures in this plugin.
You could connect to a different host running instruments your main host cannot load, or distribute CPU load to another computer.
That would be my main use case. Run Alchemy in Mainstage, Bitwig sends Midi to Mainstage and receives audio from Mainstage…
But unfortunately it doesn’t work as advertised. I get tons of stuck and missing notes which renders it useless. I love the idea, but need to wait until the bugs are fixed…
Midi can also be abused to send automation data via Midi cc to the other instances… That use case might be sufficient even in the current state…

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 am
They have a demo version and the manual is available online and PDF:

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... Connector/
i have the full version

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 am Or run Windows in a VM…
did anyone try this yet? :wheee:

I have not bought this tho did try it and works well on my win 10 system. But Reaper has all the internal connectivity needed. For external connectivity to Reaper I only need nonDAW audio eg from a standalone like Auxture thtat does not host VSTs. Connector does not handle that use case.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”