Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kobal wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:12 pm maybe the virus sound will come back strong, like in the past :lol:
I think viruses generally mutate to get weaker but more transmissible. Wait. What are we talking about?

The Emulator is getting fantastic!

I started today with it - VST3 plugin on Cubase Pro11/Windows 10

Pro:
- one can arrange multi instance tracks now, with absolute stable performance and low latency.
- midi/sysex import works perfect
- beautiful GUI now, could be sharper for UHD screens

Contra:
- The scaling does not work, at least in VST3 (size > 100)
- The internal Arp has a bug. Sounds with internal Arp get muted after few seconds. Buffer?

I‘m happy to add the Virus Emulator to my VST faves now!

Correction: Arp Bug: You have to record a note first and playback it for the experience.—

kobal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:42 pm would be intresting if you can post some patch of the C and the emulator to compare the sound?
i didnt make a video, but i have an indigo....ive been comparing them since last night and can say that there is no noticeable difference to me whatsoever. the emu is far FAR easier to use with my daw, and even just in comparison with the hardware. i dont have to really deal with sysex and midi files...i dont have to run the risk of bricking it in a botched update. my indigo keyboard has had an unfixable (well...i cant find anyone who can fix it) broken crystal for 17 years...so it only works properly via midi controller, basically making it a fancy looking desktop module.

ive had this indigo since 2001, and it is my most prized synth that i own. these past few hours have made me reevaluate if i should even keep it now...or sell it and replace it with something new that i cant duplicate with software. i havent actually used my indigo in a track in ages...just because its not really compatible with my current workflow.

this emulation is quite an achievement. i mean...its sounds exactly the same to me. im actually kinda sad about it in a way....but i love it also. really excellent job.

i cant wait for the microwave
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:57 pm this emulation is quite an achievement. i mean...its sounds exactly the same to me. […]
+1
same here
imho identical to my hardware B running the B ROM

main problem for me: too much of a cpu hog
and unfortunately no way to limit poly-count, which might
prevent cracling on my old cpu...

I've got it set up with the VirusC (VST3).. (8700K CPU) and the CPU usage is steady at maybe 10-12%.. it doesn't move at all until I play too many notes and then the CPU meter jumps and the audio glitches, etc.

I think I've read about this somewhere.. either it's a bug or the CPU metering isn't reporting right?
(It's strange how the CPU meter stays so still until all hell breaks loose)

(EDIT) Ok I see it's maxing out the single CPU core that it's running on. Makes sense.

It now seems to be incredible well optimized for my M1 Pro. Almost no CPU load.

Just dropping a note of encouragement to echo the others: I finally tried this out today, and I think it's fantastic.

Thanks for the effort, guys. (Yes, I am aware I can donate.) ;)

Yes, absolutely fantastic. Probably will get a new PC this year anyway, so, CPU won't pose a problem anymore soon, I guess.

Current Bugs:

- UI scaling > 100 doesn‘t work in Cubase 11 Pro here
- ARP bug, playback of a recorded note in DAW with activates arp section leads to odd sound and then the sound gets muted.
- saving and loading user NKS presets in Komplete Kontrol is successful, but the UI parameters won‘t change when switching presets.

2,2 GHz Intel Core i7, emulator version 1.25 no cpu spikes anymore cpu stay by 10 % - rom V6.5)!Only the Overture Pad is heavy.

I knew it was possible Thank you :clap:

Orion, have a look at each core in the windows resource monitor. I guess because Cubase meters CPU in a certain way, I can max out a core and it still only shows 15% usage.

its amazing what these guys have done!

This is an amazing project

Can’t wait for the Nord EMU

Vst works really great in Cubase 11 but I have to disable vst guard for this vst in the vstmanager

Return to “Instruments”