Flam (not Flim) ... [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
if you want: have a listen...
I tried my best - for me it's okay now :D

Have a nice day!

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-818605447/flam
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Very nice! Love the mood->joyful with a touch of melancholy—what's the German word for that;)
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm Very nice! Love the mood->joyful with a touch of melancholy—what's the German word for that;)
thx.
oh for that there isn't an extra word: it is "Freude und Melancholie". or maybe "Wehmut" (maybe that's what you mean (restrained grief, silent pain (when remembering something past, lost)).

btw. how is the bass, today? :wink:
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:51 pm
eassae wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm Very nice! Love the mood->joyful with a touch of melancholy—what's the German word for that;)
thx.
oh for that there isn't an extra word: it is "Freude und Melancholie". or maybe "Wehmut" (maybe that's what you mean (restrained grief, silent pain (when remembering something past, lost)).

Freud und Melancholie :tu: Bass :tu:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

german for melancholy is dusseldorf :shrug:

(apologies to anyone from there, it's a joke)(never been, sure it's lovely)

lovely work as ever tom 8)
nothing sticks out that needs any work here :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:25 pm german for melancholy is dusseldorf :shrug:

(apologies to anyone from there, it's a joke)(never been, sure it's lovely)

lovely work as ever tom 8)
nothing sticks out that needs any work here :tu:
:lol: that is a really bad joke :lol: and it makes no sense at all. maybe that is the joke...
thx vurt for listening.
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:58 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:51 pm
thx.

Freud und Melancholie :tu: Bass :tu:
btw. i could not decide which bass to take. then i split the signal, made 2 chains and put a crossfader on the end. now i can switch on the fly. there is at least a rest of 15%-20% of a buzzy growly bass in it. :lol:

don't know if it was worth the time.
:dog: :dog: :dog:
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 am don't know if it was worth the time.
You're never going to know until you try:) + You can never have too many different bass sounds.
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:47 pm
You're never going to know until you try:) + You can never have too many different bass sounds.
ha ha :lol: ... we will see. btw. every synth-sound comes from the Subtractror (Reasons first synth https://www.reasonstudios.com/de/reason ... subtractor - over 20 years old). You can be honest: does the synth sound too oldschool (in this track i mean... :D)?
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:05 pm ha ha :lol: ... we will see. btw. every synth-sound comes from the Subtractror (Reasons first synth https://www.reasonstudios.com/de/reason ... subtractor - over 20 years old). You can be honest: does the synth sound too oldschool (in this track i mean... :D)?
No, not to me.

I would have dropped a PSP Vintage Warmer or some other distortion plug-in on the lead and added a little compression, but that's me(And I guess that would make it more old school(buy hey, I'm OAF)). What you have is sounding great.
eassae.com

tomtom1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:05 pm
eassae wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:47 pm
ha ha :lol: ... we will see. btw. every synth-sound comes from the Subtractror (Reasons first synth https://www.reasonstudios.com/de/reason ... subtractor - over 20 years old). You can be honest: does the synth sound too oldschool (in this track i mean... :D)?
and the minimoog is ancient in comparison, still gets used for massive bass (via emulations) even in modern stuff.
a bass is a fundamental, low end filler. nothing more, all you need to worry about is "do i like this bass sound?"

leave arguments about old school and new school to idiots.
does it groove? done!

I really enjoyed the melody and sounds. The drums were cool but occasionally a little busy.

Excellent overall!
How about calling it "bittersweet" in English? :)

Frantz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:57 am I really enjoyed the melody and sounds. The drums were cool but occasionally a little busy.

Excellent overall!
That would be the word :)
eassae.com

Frantz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:57 am I really enjoyed the melody and sounds. The drums were cool but occasionally a little busy.

Excellent overall!
hi frantz,
thanks for stopping by. i tried to "recreate" the feel of old aphex twin tracks - with speedy, glitchy drums. i made also a version with quiter drums - but i didn't like it.
the sounds are quite simple (one old synth) - but I have chosen them carefully (at least is that what i think :) ) - glad you like it.

bittersweet? yes, almost all my track are in minor - only 1-2 are in major keys. I'm just a little melancholic. :wink:
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:17 pm and the minimoog is ancient in comparison, still gets used for massive bass (via emulations) even in modern stuff.
a bass is a fundamental, low end filler. nothing more, all you need to worry about is "do i like this bass sound?"

leave arguments about old school and new school to idiots.
does it groove? done!
hi vurt, I like the synthesizer although it has some weaknesses and doesn't sound as powerful as maybe a moog. I was just interested in how other people feel. E.g. i then used this one synthesizer exclusively for this piece, because i found that the different sounds fit together well.
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”