What console emus do you like? API, Neve, SSL or...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Plugintester
that´s a great idea!
I just saw your new video some minutes ago and it made me laugh,
you are a crazy dancer and watch out for barkless dogs! haha

Is there a boss km 60 or old Mackie desk emu?

I’d also really like a full native Helios model done right, complete with the Lustaphone preamps.

I like the bx SSLs (though they lack proper preamp modeling) and the Waves SSL EV2 for the preamps. The T-RackS British and White channels aren’t really console channels. They completely lack preamp/saturation modeling. They’re really just glorified EQ plugins. The T-RackS API and Neve models are pretty legit though, with properly modeled preamps.

I’m really liking the Lindell Audio 50 and 80 as well. Both have proper preamp modeling as well. And I’m thinking about checking out the NoiseAsh Neve models.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Lindell 80 are really useful (i listen a real Neve works and i can say with only this strip you can mix an entire song)
From the 50 the EQ and preamp are amazing but i dislike the onboard compressors

The saturation sections on Sonimus Soneq Free and TDL SlickEQ Free

Softube Passive/Active trio EQ very underrated

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 am he T-RackS British and White channels aren’t really console channels. They completely lack preamp/saturation modeling. They’re really just glorified EQ plugins.
That isn't true, though, they model nonlinearities in the compressor and you get harmonics that you can easily see on a frequency analyzer by engaging it that go away immediately when you turn it off. It is true they did not model the preamps, in that regard I believe they're similar to some of the Brainworx console plugins that also only model compressor nonlinearity (though those also have a separate, non-modeled "THD" control and optional noise). I personally would love it if all console emulations did definitely model the preamp, but to say these are glorified EQs is a little unfair :)

I’ve always been a Nintendo guy :hihi:

Turello wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am Lindell 80 are really useful (i listen a real Neve works and i can say with only this strip you can mix an entire song)

Back in previous life I used Softube Passive EQ for those creamy highs :tu:
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

metalifuxx wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:55 pm I’ve always been a Nintendo guy :hihi:
:clap: :lol:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 am
metalifuxx wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:55 pm I’ve always been a Nintendo guy :hihi:
:clap: :lol:
So which Nintendo emu u like then ?

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Mik_lo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:21 am Is there a boss km 60 or old Mackie desk emu?
Airwindows Mackity and Mack eq
Sounds great on drums !!
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Console Emus - are those considered service animals?

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

I mostly use Waves' Abbey Road Mastering Chain/TG12345 and PA's SSL 4000G and E for my EDM tracks but fire up Neutron/Alloy2/Ozone for everything else.

Turello wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am Lindell 80 are really useful (i listen a real Neve works and i can say with only this strip you can mix an entire song)
From the 50 the EQ and preamp are amazing but i dislike the onboard compressors

The saturation sections on Sonimus Soneq Free and TDL SlickEQ Free

I like both comps on the 50, but prefer the FET. This thread inspired me to try using the 50 on every track, and I have to say that I really enjoy the simplicity of having pre/e.q./comp in one view, with the addition of getting to know it quite well, making adjustments more easily. It sure leaves a lot of plugins sitting in folders unused, which is a bit against my desire to spread the wealth and enjoy my stock, but it's definitely more practical with perhaps more continuity than I realize.

Return to “Effects”