2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:22 pm suppose i could find a chippy?
Yeah you'll think better with some food inside your belly

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

foosnark wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:20 pm I modified this parametric synth stand design to hopefully work well with my Minibrute 2S, though with less rounded corners and no rubber feet. I thought about making them in plywood, but instead I'm having them printed in black PLA through Treatstock.
It does work well, no need to bridge the two pieces -- probably because of the grippy rubber mat I have the stand sitting on. If I were going to refine the design I'd make the "feet" that it rests on stick out just a little further, but it gets the job done much better than the wobbly little stand it was previously on.

foosnark wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm
foosnark wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:20 pm I modified this parametric synth stand design to hopefully work well with my Minibrute 2S, though with less rounded corners and no rubber feet. I thought about making them in plywood, but instead I'm having them printed in black PLA through Treatstock.
It does work well, no need to bridge the two pieces -- probably because of the grippy rubber mat I have the stand sitting on. If I were going to refine the design I'd make the "feet" that it rests on stick out just a little further, but it gets the job done much better than the wobbly little stand it was previously on.
Nice! I use rubber shelf liner sometimes, though stuff sticks to it after a while. In particular it was
amazingly difficult to remove it from the Hologram Microcosm, which has a textured paint job.
Sheesh... It's cheap stuff though, $7 a roll, probably your rubber matt is way better.

I'm going to say it right now - I do NOT want to buy anything in 2022. That doesn't mean I won't, of course, I'm completely hopeless.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:13 am So far my wishlist looks like this.

- Crusher-X 9
- Everything Devious 2 Bundle
- Zebra2

Will update this later when I can think of others..
pssst: hardware forum ;)

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:36 am I'm going to say it right now - I do NOT want to buy anything in 2022. That doesn't mean I won't, of course, I'm completely hopeless.
Yeah, me too.

... {moments later}

Ooooh nooo's

Triple Wave Folder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 am I thought this looked very interesting and was glad to see that it was made for Voltage Modular*.
*(which has a free version, and works stand alone or as a Vst in any Vst host, afaik)

NymphCC MIDI Controller for Dreadbox NYMPHES

https://youtu.be/H26_HUglH8o
Thanks for the link ... just gotta wait for Tim to release it now :hyper:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:46 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 am I thought this looked very interesting and was glad to see that it was made for Voltage Modular*.
*(which has a free version, and works stand alone or as a Vst in any Vst host, afaik)

You're welcome. I would definitely pick that up if I had a NYMPHES. :tu:

meanwhile... Ooooh nooo's:

Livewire Electronics Voltage Mechanic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Just ordered one of these. Pretty cheap too (as usual)
It's never exciting buying toys that make no sound, but it's sorely needed. My old patchbay is dodgy - some noisy jacks, and is probably 30yrs old. Needs replacing. Surprised how limited the choice is here in NZ. Pretty well only Behringer or Neutrik (I can get some stupid expensive ones, but really not necessary for patchbays). Saw quite a few bad reviews for Neutrik, despite their name. Loads of good reviews (esp from studios and engineers) re Behringer, and my own experience tells me they make some sturdy studio gear. I like that it has 3 modes on easy switches too. No dicking around turning whole PCBs around to denormal etc (from what I saw of the Neutrik one you'd have to take the whole casing apart to do that - dumb). No proper writing strip ( :( ) but I'm sure that can easily be remedied with some sticky labels.
Last edited by kritikon on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Actually, for NZ$159, I might get another one. You'd be amazed how quickly 48 jacks get used up. My LA4C comp will take up 8 jacks already. Not sure if I'm going to keep any of my old FX racks in the studio, but if I do - that's another 12 at least...

Synthack wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:14 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:40 pm
Synthack wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:13 am So far my wishlist looks like this.

- Crusher-X 9
- Everything Devious 2 Bundle
- Zebra2

Will update this later when I can think of others..
pssst: hardware forum ;)

Ohh right, well :dog:

I've always wanted to get into Eurorack, been thinking of buying some Tiptop audio modules.
Good time especially now that they’re selling those Buchla modules (well they’re selling preorders).

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:46 pm

You're welcome. I would definitely pick that up if I had a NYMPHES. :tu:

meanwhile... Ooooh nooo's:

Livewire Electronics Voltage Mechanic.png
its doesnt work if i have no idea what it is? :lol:
it does look like it should be fun though, lots of jacks and knobs, usually a good sign in modules :tu:

kritikon wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:58 pm
It's never exciting buying toys that make no sound,
i got some funny looks, when i said utility modules (lfo and such) were not sexy purchases, whereas filters/oscillators and fx are sexy :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”