FilterTilter [Glitchy Melodic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something a little weird.

https://youtu.be/LR6ob09jSk8

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Well, funny stuff, I like it, and it's really sounds like a journey ... )

Arrangement is interesting, though I can't read the idea and catch the feeling of the track...
If it's vintage-style synth-something (they would call it "rock" in the 1980ies) - then there's not so much drums and reverb.
If it's like modern IDM - then there's not so much bass, glitches and atonal surprises...

Here are the references that come in mind, and this track is somewhere there also:
https://youtu.be/uflRnt-H3aI
or
https://youtu.be/GiURq5otq9s

Anyway, I listened to it twice, and now gonna play it for the 3rd time ))

Thanks for your comments Medvedium. I like the videos you posted. They fit my taste in music (though I never knew of these artists before). My piece was pretty spontaneous. I didn't plan how it would come together. I just went with the sounds of my instruments and they moved me forward. The idea I was trying to convey was a knitting of sounds and melodies with no musical genre in mind. When I try to fit in a genre my results often don't come out too well (probably because I don't put in the work to study genres).

If it's musical stream of consciousness, then it definitely has succeeded :tu: :phones:

Medvedium wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:00 pm If it's musical stream of consciousness, then it definitely has succeeded :tu: :phones:
Stream of consciousness - Like that but with some work to get it into shape.
Lots of my other stuff is terrible. This is one I'm fond of. Encouraging that you said it was successful. :)

Some really fun sound design here. It is a weird track, but good weird. Really like the siney bells that come in around 2:00. My only complaint is that I wish there were a few more changes rhythmically.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:04 am Some really fun sound design here. It is a weird track, but good weird. Really like the siney bells that come in around 2:00. My only complaint is that I wish there were a few more changes rhythmically.
Thanks. The bells are my favorite part. I took a look at the project in my DAW and, yep, there's sure no variation in the drum parts other than just turning them on and off. Gives me something to work on later.

awesome work :D
yeah drums could use a touch of variety, but not too much, as the melody lines have enough that it might get too distracting?

but great sounds and mix to my ears, very bouncy feeling, with a big cheesy grin :D

Thanks vurt. :)

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 am That was kind of fun!

I like the glitches, and it had this kind of spacey vibe to it. I was sort of hoping for a endless delay to pop in somewhere but i think it's great.

Thanks for sharing :)
Endless delay - good idea. When I get around to touching up the drums I'll try it.
Thanks.

I'll go against the flow and say it's not at all weird. It's rather well structured, down to the percussive elements, and very symmetrical rhythmically, and the major tonality the chords suggest is inviting. I love the melodic part that begins at 1:58, that part really lifts the tune, and the notes of this line form nice harmonies together with the accompaniment.

Checking out all the synths you used. :)

Tinderwet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 pm It's rather well structured, down to the percussive elements, and very symmetrical rhythmically, and the major tonality the chords suggest is inviting. I love the melodic part that begins at 1:58, that part really lifts the tune, and the notes of this line form nice harmonies together with the accompaniment.
Thanks for the positive response, Tinderwet. I guess I was subconsciously considering all that you mentioned while I worked on it. However the structure was strongly inspired by the synth patches I found. Heck, I even named the song after one of the patches.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Return to “Music Cafe”