VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
.... ...

$99? :lol: As usual, it will be $29 in a bit. In the meantime, the free Tape Mello-Fi plugin Arturia gave away last month is very good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

I love warble effects but it does seems a bit pricey considering the fact that there are decent free warble options around, or cheaper ones that seem to get the job done fine. Still, might pick it up at some point if it's discounted more.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:16 am $99? :lol: As usual, it will be $29 in a bit. In the meantime, the free Tape Mello-Fi plugin Arturia gave away last month is very good.
With my $50 voucher, that's what I got it for ($29).

I was kinda avoiding PA plugins for awhile but when I heard great reports (and about Reimund Dratwa's involvement), I took a punt on Big Al. Wow - I can honestly say it's one of the best character saturators - and I have plenty to compare it to. Warble is wicked I will definitely be using it liberally. Love this NEOLD stuff.

.... ...

I love Neold's stuff. The guy who codes those (as alluded to by another poster above) is Reimund D., aka Fuse Audio Labs, who did a lot of the older plugins for Black Rooster and has done a bunch of other stuff for Brainworx and affiliated brands like Neold. One talented cat when it comes to audio DSP. Warble is a treat to use, great tape effect (emphasis on effect, not really for the "put it to tape" quality so much as for all the nice modulation things and some tasty crunch).

If the comp you're referring to is the one in the Telefunken style channel strip emu, it's awesome on vocals.

Synthack wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:03 am
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:16 am $99? :lol: As usual, it will be $29 in a bit. In the meantime, the free Tape Mello-Fi plugin Arturia gave away last month is very good.
With my $50 voucher, that's what I got it for ($29).

I was kinda avoiding PA plugins for awhile but when I heard great reports (and about Reimund Dratwa's involvement), I took a punt on Big Al. Wow - I can honestly say it's one of the best character saturators - and I have plenty to compare it to. Warble is wicked I will definitely be using it liberally. Love this NEOLD stuff.

I need to pick up Big Al next and their compressor plugin.

Have you tried the compressor too? What are your thoughts?
Bought the comp/pre but haven't put it to the test yet sorry. Sounds like it was meticulously modelled though.

.... ...

You're right about Cassette. Warble has a more darker character that I think suits "lofi" more.

Re: Price. Yep, if you are prepared to wait you will get it for a good price eventually. I got it for $29 with my personal monthly voucher I think.

So impressed with Big Al, and now Warble. I had all but given up on Plugin Alliance (sale fatigue / GUI's more important to them than sound quality) but NEOLD I have time for.

.... ...

since you asked about the compressor... i used Audified u73b for years but bought the Neold u73b on sale/voucher recently because i think it sounds just a tad better. am happy with it. great bus compressor but can work on many things :tu:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

if 'warble' as in wow and flutter you may want to take a gander at Audiothing's Wire... emulation of an old russian wire recorder. talk about lo-fi lol

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 am Audiothing's Wire... emulation of an old russian wire recorder. talk about lo-fi lol
Wire is awesome ... :)

.... ...

Return to “Effects”