Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:34 pm Yeah, it's kind of like they said, let's take the worst part of some of Arturia's design philosophy with overly skeuomorphic designs that feature hidden panels, and find a way to make it even worse! In practice, I don't find it the worst thing in the world, but it's annoying for sure!
And if you hide the keyboard you no longer view the wheels but you have empty space on the left :roll: and those scratches :dog:

Model 84 in the cart. Looks like not many hours left now. Was thinking to hold off the purchase this time, but looks like this ain't going to be on sale again anytime soon, and it will surely be the same $79 price next time, at least until June/July 2022. So, it's becoming more of a debate between whether to buy it in the first place and 6 months wait for only $30 difference. I do like it enough so why to wait ~ 6 months when the saving is only going to be $30?

Oh sorry, I pressed the submit button on the post... :hihi:

It's one of the best synths in my arsenal. Absolutely no regret after buying this true gem. Even for $79. :)

steffensen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 am It's one of the best synths in my arsenal. Absolutely no regret after buying this true gem. Even for $79. :)
I agree. I just bought it. It's just so damn good. No regrets indeed. :)

Juno 106 was one of the first hardware synths I ever owned in the mid 80's. It's a true classic in my opinion. I like the sound of it and I also like how simple and easy it is to program and tweak. Something like a Jupiter 8 was out of my budget at the time, but something like a 106 was attainable.

It's been decades since I last owned any hardware 106's, but I do own a bunch of software versions of the 106 from various companies and out of all of them, the softube version is my favorite and the one that best captures the vibe, spirit and sound of the hardware 106 most accurately, according to my ears and recollection at least.

I can fire up the Model 84 and sit down in front of my midi controller and if I close my eyes and play the keyboard, it takes me back to when I was sitting down in front of my real 106 back in the day. The sound and vibe is spot on.

I wonder what synth softube will tackle next. They don't seem to release too many synths.

steffensen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 amIt's one of the best synths in my arsenal.
Really? What else have you got? I quite like it but I don't really use it much because it doesn't have a lot of sweet spots. I use AX-73 for a lot of things I might once have thought of using Model 84 for, I prefer its sound and I like using it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Softube is just quality.
A well-behaved signature.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 am The sound and vibe is spot on.
Exactly. I never seen a real Juno-106 in my life, but for some reason I really love its sound based on just watching videos. It is inspiring. A simple and easy to use synth that is capable of wide range of sounds.
I wonder what synth softube will tackle next. They don't seem to release too many synths.
I am curious too. We saw Model 72 in 2020, Model 84 in 2021, so looks like there could be a new instrument this year. The expectations will be really high and surely they won't release anything less than what we have seen thus far.

By the way, they are releasing a new free plugin tomorrow. Maybe some kind of tape thing again, but let's see.

i like how you can also use the modules in Softube Modular if you have it... same with the 72
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Surprisingly, Model 84 is still on sale for $79. Looks like it might continue until 31st of January along with the other deals. Not anymore.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 am
steffensen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 amIt's one of the best synths in my arsenal.
Really? What else have you got? I quite like it but I don't really use it much because it doesn't have a lot of sweet spots. I use AX-73 for a lot of things I might once have thought of using Model 84 for, I prefer its sound and I like using it.
The whole synth is one giant sweet spot for me.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am Surprisingly, Model 84 is still on sale for $79. Looks like it might continue until 31st of January along with the other deals. Not anymore.
Just as I was about to pull the trigger :? . Oh well, money saved.

RichN wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:17 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am Surprisingly, Model 84 is still on sale for $79. Looks like it might continue until 31st of January along with the other deals. Not anymore.
Until the next sale you mean, right? ;)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:22 pm
No, that money will be gone long before that. :hihi:

RichN wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:25 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:22 pm
No, that money will be gone long before that. :hihi:
:hihi: New money will come. :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”