Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the platform is suboptimal, don't use this platform and just deliver a better final product.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Plenty of great products available for Reaktor. It's not a suboptimal platform - it's just different. Now, could some things be better? Sure, but that goes for pretty much anything out there.

If just the preset or "snapshot" system was way easier to work with. Other than that, I like reaktor.
Last edited by LeVzi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:35 pm I just the preset or "snapshot" system was way easier to work with. Other than that, I like reaktor.
my thoughts too. I would love reaktor other than that.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:22 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:35 pm I just the preset or "snapshot" system was way easier to work with. Other than that, I like reaktor.
rsp
I would use it a lot more than I currently do, that's for sure. To make presets and save them for my Reaktor ensembles is a royal pain in the arse, and tbh I don't fully follow it anyway, so if NI came up with a way to make that happen as easily as it is in VST synths, then it would be near perfect.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I think Komplete Kontrol software is probably the best way to go most of the times.

Super 8 is one of the best NI products IMO. Needs a resizable GUI though.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:23 am As Vincini says - "inconceivable"!
Vizzini

Love that movie - total cult... and M. Knopfler to boot.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:22 pm
rsp
I would use it a lot more than I currently do, that's for sure. To make presets and save them for my Reaktor ensembles is a royal pain in the arse, and tbh I don't fully follow it anyway, so if NI came up with a way to make that happen as easily as it is in VST synths, then it would be near perfect.
I find it such a kludge that I never save presets in Reaktor... when I use it, I just print straight to audio like a hardware synth that does not have presets.

You can always save things as a DAW preset, ultimately. For Reaktor Player products, you can save presets pretty simply (File->Save preset as...) and it will just work.

was looking into this as it comes with the future classics bundle but idk if its something that id use frequently over other synths. The gui is beautiful although along with the sound

Is it possible to get the VST version of super 8?

This went from being a Reaktor module, to a VST 3 plugin, and then back again to a Reaktor module. It seems like the VST 3 is not available anymore.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

reppinghades wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:27 pm Is it possible to get the VST version of super 8?
No, you can't buy it anymore. I wouldn't buy it anyway. The VST3 version had bugs.

You can use the Reaktor version with the free Reaktor Player, by the way, in case you didn't know.

The VST3 version was really never anything more than a way for NI to test the VST3 waters

I love this litle synth and it sounds so good 🌞🙏🎯
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”