Phase Plant , OK Now what ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also if you do stay on the co system and end up with the equivalent of one of their bundles, Toolbox Professional or Ultimate, whenever they bring out a new product, it is cheaper to do a complete Toolbox upgrade than to buy the product individually. (hope that makes sense).

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks mate, im in no rush tbh, I will either dump the synth or get the effects over a period of time.

tbh I think kilohearts are taking the p!ss with this tbh, for the more fancy effects I can understand it, but for basics like delay, reverb and even a filter, you have to pay for them ???? No other synth does this, and even though I knew it, I was hoping they'd be a cheap way to work around it.

They are a greedy company tbh, because people who own phase plant are unlikely to want to buy effects for other use other than in phase plant itself, so why not off PP only effects at a reduced price ? Would make more sense, if they are locked to the synth, and a quarter of the price, then i'd have more respect for the company.

Phase Plant itself is 169 Euros, and you get the free effects with it. Seriously WTF ? If I hadn't got it for a fraction of that price, I wouldn't be having this discussion, its a rip off tbh.

I feel sorry for anyone who paid full whack for that.

But with that said, I can see it's possibilities and that is what stops me from getting rid at the moment. Jury is out.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

They have so many sales that the retail price doesn't really come into it. I bought Phase Plant for $99, Multipass for $27. I've had three $30 loyalty coupons which I used to buy more Snapins. I got two Snapins from Computer Music at $5 an issue, a couple more for peanuts on Knobcloud plus a few others that I really wanted for 50% off.
Always Read the Manual!

I actually like the company (their support, their discord channel, their liberal demos) which is a huge part of why I bought it. But I do see your point, I think they are trying to steer people to go subscription.
Didn't work on me, I just took a year or so to slowly acquire them. Almost every month they have a sale for things at 50% off.

rsp
sound sculptist

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm They have so many sales that the retail price doesn't really come into it. I bought Phase Plant for $99, Multipass for $27. I've had three $30 loyalty coupons which I used to buy more Snapins. I got two Snapins from Computer Music at $5 an issue, a couple more for peanuts on Knobcloud plus a few others that I really wanted for 50% off.
Which is why I am thinking bit by bit will be the best option .

I dunno if I trust that knobcloud tbh. Was well suspicious signing up.

zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 pm I actually like the company (their support, their discord channel, their liberal demos) which is a huge part of why I bought it. But I do see your point, I think they are trying to steer people to go subscription.
Didn't work on me, I just took a year or so to slowly acquire them. Almost every month they have a sale for things at 50% off.

rsp
That's more reassuring they have a good support network. Plus the fact, I can see how the synth works and it really does appeal to me. But seems just a greedy way of doing things or as you said, pushing things towards the subscription which is also a joke tbh.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm They have so many sales that the retail price doesn't really come into it. I bought Phase Plant for $99, Multipass for $27. I've had three $30 loyalty coupons which I used to buy more Snapins. I got two Snapins from Computer Music at $5 an issue, a couple more for peanuts on Knobcloud plus a few others that I really wanted for 50% off.
Which is why I am thinking bit by bit will be the best option .

I dunno if I trust that knobcloud tbh. Was well suspicious signing up.
I've bought and sold on Knobcloud a few times, I trust it about as much as I trust KVR or FB.
Always Read the Manual!

I am not a fan of subscription models (for music instruments anyway :), since I pay my netflix, hulu etc monthly subscription without as much as a peep :)), but I do understand why from a business perspective it makes sense... You can make better business plans etc if you know you are guaranteed X amount of income monthly (from the subscribers).

rsp
sound sculptist

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:17 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 pm I actually like the company (their support, their discord channel, their liberal demos) which is a huge part of why I bought it. But I do see your point, I think they are trying to steer people to go subscription.

rsp
That's more reassuring they have a good support network. Plus the fact, I can see how the synth works and it really does appeal to me. But seems just a greedy way of doing things or as you said, pushing things towards the subscription which is also a joke tbh.
Their sub is one of the better ones though and it's working for them clearly. They have good support and regular updates.
Always Read the Manual!

Their subscription is good value but over such a loooooooooooong period of time. 9.99 for 6 years to get the full suite. Might even be 7 years.

Get Toolbox Starter when it is on sale. It contains the most useful effects, then you can add external effects if necessary. I purchased Phaseplant+Toolbox starter during the last sale and I think it was about 130 euros for the bundle. For me that was a fair price and I don't really need the other effects for sound design.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm Their subscription is good value but over such a loooooooooooong period of time. 9.99 for 6 years to get the full suite. Might even be 7 years.
Personally, I'm doing a bit of both. I own a lot of stuff already, but sub to fill in the gaps. I'm a few months away from getting the whole bundle for about $25 with my $100 coupon.
Always Read the Manual!

Melda MsoundFactory includes almost every effect, of Melda of course, some of them per voice. it even includes MXXX and MDrummer.

you can't use them outside MSoundFactory (if you don't own them...).

Phaseplant, especially the coming update, is/will be an interesting synth, but for the same reason as the OP, although, i didn't buy it... 3 effects, and you must buy the effects. that is counting, than i would decide for Falcon... well, i don't really need it.. Falcon.

in some way Kilohearts and Melda have some overlap; MXXXcore and Multpass, many times 50% sales, a great upgrade model (you can buy bundles in Melda with discount dependent on what you have, of course).
Melda has also a subscription model, althought, it is pay-to-own (that is not a term).

and MSoundFactory that uses the effects of Melda.

well this isn''t to praise Melda (although i like Melda, and i am Complete...).

it is a pity that Phaseplant hasn't a way, that effects can be used only within Phaseplant, ask some extra.

for me; i don't need the effects or multipass, doesn't mean that it is a great ecosystem, but i would like them to exist in Phaseplant...

(Phaseplant is around €100 in sale, i think, MSoundFactory nowadays €150 in sale. i always look at the sale prices, never the full price (except when developers don't do sales...))

Phaseplant, per voice effects (that is why after-fact effects, well...), MPE (in V2), 3 FX routings, multiband also, or perhaps more FX routings, modulation etc.
Granular, Sampler, Wavetable, audio rate between the 3 oscillators (it are 3?), FM/PM/AM and even a fourth?

not bad, not bad at all... but the effects....

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:41 pm audio rate between the 3 oscillators (it are 3?), FM/PM/AM and even a fourth?.
You can add as many oscillators as you want in Phaseplant. No limits.

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:41 pm audio rate between the 3 oscillators (it are 3?), FM/PM/AM and even a fourth?.
You can add as many oscillators as you want in Phaseplant. No limits.
ow ok! didn't know that! well, that makes it even more flexible.

Return to “Instruments”