Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

hey guys i love such tools like Effectrix etc. but Infiltrator really looks nice too, i just demo it but im really disappointed that the RANDOM button is just changing the preset to a random other preset but no NEW Randomized Preset? this is a big bummer if so....

what makes Infiltrator unique to the rest multi effects? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:00 pm hey guys i love such tools like Effectrix etc. but Infiltrator really looks nice too, i just demo it but im really disappointed that the RANDOM button is just changing the preset to a random other preset but no NEW Randomized Preset? this is a big bummer if so....

There's also a random envelope button. It does a mix of random steps, Euclidian rhythms and completely random shapes.

And there's a whole set of randomisation features in the sequencer.

However, someone e-mailed support with a request for extra global randomisation features the other day. Scott, Dom and I had a chat about it. We think we can do this without too many difficult UX problems.

Although right now we are working on some more effects.

So the global randomiser is on the list for some time after those are finished.

cheers, Jim.

PS. Re: what makes it unique - try the demo. :)

alexang wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:29 pm When is the ability to set envelope to the mix coming?

This is the only thing stopping me from buying this.
I don't wanna buy it and then be charged if it comes... or more so be annoyed it never comes.
That's been a big topic of conversation back at Devious HQ. We've got some UX challenges to solve there. Would it be enough to switch between modulating the mix and modulating the main knob? I can see how we can make that happen without making the UI improbably complicated.
alexang wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:29 pm Also, will the -2000 latency offset be increased? Testing out the demo, and this isn't enough.
Well that sounds like an easy fix. How far do you need it to go?

jcredland wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:55 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:00 pm hey guys i love such tools like Effectrix etc. but Infiltrator really looks nice too, i just demo it but im really disappointed that the RANDOM button is just changing the preset to a random other preset but no NEW Randomized Preset? this is a big bummer if so....

There's also a random envelope button. It does a mix of random steps, Euclidian rhythms and completely random shapes.

And there's a whole set of randomisation features in the sequencer.

However, someone e-mailed support with a request for extra global randomisation features the other day. Scott, Dom and I had a chat about it. We think we can do this without too many difficult UX problems.

Although right now we are working on some more effects.

So the global randomiser is on the list for some time after those are finished.

cheers, Jim.

PS. Re: what makes it unique - try the demo. :)
I would also really like full randomisation with a percentage slider and some control over what is randomised. :tu:

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:24 pm I would also really like full randomisation with a percentage slider and some control over what is randomised. :tu:
That's sort of what i'm thinking...

Sounds great! Looking forward to see what comes next! :-D

I wonder if there's an ETA on the next update?

Darkstring wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:37 pm I wonder if there's an ETA on the next update?
We are working on a plan and have started some design work. But there's no firm date. Depends how many things we improve :)

Caine123 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:00 pm
Personally, I think it's the quality of the presets.
Me and my mate both have this plugin.
He uses presets and I don't.
This is his favourite plugin, and I hardly ever use it (though I don't dig multifx in general tbh)

We make dark psytrance, and he can put the most basic, boring noise into this thing, select a preset, make a few tweaks, and leaves me sitting there feeling obsolete haha.

Really amazing quality presets!
But it's ease of use is also a big factor. The modulation envelopes are a joy to work with (though I can't seem to find a way to reset the curve handle to default, for some reason)

"though I can't seem to find a way to reset the curve handle to default, for some reason"

It's possible this is just my omission. I'm assuming you want to just reset it to a straight line?

Often i wish there was an option to make the "Tone" control on the Delay module interact with the feedback path progressively with each delay regen, instead of being a flat post-regen effect. Sorry i'm not sure of the exact terminology.

I would love if we could assign points of the curve to a macro, so we could change the envelope from a DAW parameter.. That would be awesome and unique among these tools.

dermage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 am I would love if we could assign points of the curve to a macro, so we could change the envelope from a DAW parameter.. That would be awesome and unique among these tools.
Yeah, that's tricky! We write the curves to a wavetable so that it doesn't use too much CPU ... so moving curve points isn't a 'real-time' or well smoothed operation. I think it'd need a different system to make that happen.

sqigls wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 pm Often i wish there was an option to make the "Tone" control on the Delay module interact with the feedback path progressively with each delay regen, instead of being a flat post-regen effect. Sorry i'm not sure of the exact terminology.
Oh so it gets say progressively darker with each repeat?

databroth wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:10 am that would be polymetric not poly-rythm
I might be crazy, but its like you were correcting something I didnt actually say.

Anyway, I havent kept up. Is Infiltrator doing polymetric patterns yet?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Effects”