Live - 4 things that would improve it

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firstly :-
I would love them to make a side chain into the resonators effect plugin. Let it work exactly like Corpus side chain does. Midi input. Currently I have to laboriously draw the modulation or automation pattern to achieve this goal.
It would breathe new life into the resonators effect.

Secondly :-
They should enable destructive audio editing in live without needing to use a 3rd party audio editor.

Thirdly:-
if people have bought sampler, they should be able to open a sample or multisample in the sampler. Not always opening in simpler and us having to always transfer it across.
Or -
add an 'on/off’ option in preferences to open all samples in Sampler if the customer has Sampler installed.

It is a ball ache always having to click “simpler -> sampler”

Finally :-
Ableton should have time as a unit for clips. At the moment if I work mainly in session view I never get to see time rulers for samples or midi notes, only synced bars/beats. Currently if I want to see time as a unit of measurement for midi notes or samples I must go to arrangement view. This seems unnecessarily restrictive.

I am sure there are other things that others would want, but these are mine.

oh - and , beef up the Ableton arpeggiator - Even Logic's is more flexible
Zen

1. Free order of devices & MIDI flowing through devices' chain
2. Ability to edit audio in Session View
3. Clean up plugins in the browser - separation of instruments & effects, priority for VST3 if VST2 is available, etc.
4. Non-destructive modulation with LFO, Envelope, Shaper
5. Session View tilted 90 deg. + Arrangement View on one screen

Basically, add stuff from Bitwig :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Show gain metering between plugins WHEN GROUPED >:| ... who said it would be great to lose them when grouping stuff?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

i wish Live had a piano roll like cubase for drums/drumming parts... i like to tap in my drum parts and then come back to add/sub notes... Live piano roll is the worse for drum/drumming parts...

antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:39 am 5. Session View tilted 90 deg. + Arrangement View on one screen

With the amount of coding required to accomplish that change it might be easier for Ableton to buy Bitwig and rename it Ableton Live 12. :o

dellboy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:15 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:39 am 5. Session View tilted 90 deg. + Arrangement View on one screen

With the amount of coding required to accomplish that change it might be easier for Ableton to buy Bitwig and rename it Ableton Live 12. :o
As a paying customer, I don't care what they do to meet my "demands" :P

But I hope just like Ableton refuses outside investors, so will Bitwig.
Music tech enthusiast

Do you know, there's suggestion function when signing up for the public beta where you can upvote user suggestions?
Most upvoted are usually implemented in the next minor or major release at Ableton.

Just saying, maybe you should go there, as Ableton staff are monitoring these rather than reading forum posts here :)

Fraggle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 am if people have bought sampler, they should be able to open a sample or multisample in the sampler. Not always opening in simpler and us having to always transfer it across.
Drag an empty Sampler into your library, to Defaults -> Dropping Samples -> On Device View. Now, when ever you drop a sample onto Live (in such a way it would have opened Simpler by default) it loads into Sampler.

Guenon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:56 pm
Fraggle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 am if people have bought sampler, they should be able to open a sample or multisample in the sampler. Not always opening in simpler and us having to always transfer it across.
Drag an empty Sampler into your library, to Defaults -> Dropping Samples -> On Device View. Now, when ever you drop a sample onto Live (in such a way it would have opened Simpler by default) it loads into Sampler.
Also isn't there a convenient right-click option on Simpler to convert to Sampler?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:10 pmAlso isn't there a convenient right-click option on Simpler to convert to Sampler?
Yeah, but the OP explicitly told that using this simpler -> sampler function "is a ball ache" :)

Guenon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:11 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:10 pmAlso isn't there a convenient right-click option on Simpler to convert to Sampler?
Yeah, but the OP explicitly told that using this simpler -> sampler function "is a ball ache" :)
Not sure if that is what "transfer it accross" means, but I can see it being annoying if it's frequent.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 pm Not sure if that is what "transfer it accross" means, but I can see it being annoying if it's frequent.
I mean this:
Fraggle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:32 amIt is a ball ache always having to click “simpler -> sampler”
That's the right-click thing on Simpler.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”