Softube "Dirty Tape"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the Swedish distortion masters and makers of the acclaimed Tape, Tape Echoes, Harmonics, and Saturation Knob plug-ins comes Dirty Tape. The tape effect you need when you want to get down and dirty and keep the sound quality savage. Dirty Tape gives you warm, analog vibes from the moment you load it on a track. Capable of fiercely gritty distortion and saturation, Dirty Tape can also add subtle texture and movement to a sound. Like a photo filter for your tracks, Dirty Tape will take you from static and dull to lively and colorful in a snap.
https://www.softube.com/products/dirty-tape
Free until Jan 31st 2022

I like their Tape and Harmonics plugins, so I'm looking forward to giving this a try...
Last edited by beely on Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

be aware their website was being pretty slow and flaky; i wasnt getting this to register under my account, page kept timing out, it seemed to be going into my cart then disappearing etc; then when i finally managed, i had 4 copies!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:00 pm be aware their website was being pretty slow and flaky; i wasnt getting this to register under my account, page kept timing out, it seemed to be going into my cart then disappearing etc; then when i finally managed, i had 4 copies!
It's really bad. Developers: Do yourself a favor. Use Cloudflare or a similar CDN. It's trivial to setup, and preserves a lot of consumer goodwill.

Yeah, their servers are getting hammered right now. I managed to get a copy, but can't install it... due to "No Server Response" errors, when trying to log into the Softube Central manager.

Seems like there's been a lot of cool, freebie lo-fi offerings lately. iZotope's (updated) Vinyl, Waves Lofi Space, Arturia's Tape MELLO-FI... and now this.

I presume when they bring out 'Dirty Talk' it will be less complimentary :)

There's a Jeffrey Epstein joke in here somewhere. I just know it.
Image Image Image Image

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:00 pm be aware their website was being pretty slow and flaky; i wasnt getting this to register under my account, page kept timing out, it seemed to be going into my cart then disappearing etc; then when i finally managed, i had 4 copies!
Not bad. I ended up getting 5. :hihi:

Still trying to get one here.

It's ok for free

nothing to write home about though

SharksFin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 pm nothing to write home about though
damn; i'd already got my best fountain pen out.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

For me it goes direct to the account, I didn’t have to check out. It drops in the cart temporarily, then shows the cart empty and it was in my account. Won’t get to try it until the weekend though. I suspect it might be nice as a delay inside Late Replies...

I had just a few seconds of lag. Not as bad as opening the SoundToys website during promos which could take even days sometimes :D

I hope that their next freebie will be Weiss compressor ;)

DMG68 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:56 pm I suspect it might be nice as a delay inside Late Replies...
Yes, I'd like to hear how that combination sounds compared to Tape Echoes.

Ok guys, can you stop trying now so that I can claim my copy? Thanks!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

It's $39 on Plugin Boutique if you cant stand waiting for the slow Softube servers.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/8625
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”