All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:26 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:16 pm Anyone got on any MemoryMan-style analog delay recommendations? Is the TT-550 the way to go? Anything better out there from other builders that's in the same vein (modulated analog delay)? Note: I've already got the DM-2w and a Strymon Timeline. Just looking for MemoryMan or similar-style clone-ish thing.
id go for the green/brown one, i think it's 1010? has two bbd so gives longer delays.
but both are great, depends what you need
(i have the stereo with hazari, which has presets, can do a nice reverse and has a built in looper)
The 1100 is the blue one with up to 1.1 seconds of delay, the 550 is the brown one with shorter delay times. So many choices!

ah i had it backwards :oops:
glad you said tbh, or i may have one day bought the wrong one :lol: :oops:

also, unless you are set on analog, they do a canyon and grand canyon, that contain a damn good digital memory man mode, along with several other great delay algos :tu:

Dunno how close it is to the memory man, but the jam pedals delay llama extreme is very nice. It does weird stuff as well via the extreme modes. Not always useful, but interesting certainly.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:16 pm Anyone got on any MemoryMan-style analog delay recommendations? Is the TT-550 the way to go? Anything better out there from other builders that's in the same vein (modulated analog delay)? Note: I've already got the DM-2w and a Strymon Timeline. Just looking for MemoryMan or similar-style clone-ish thing.
I have two DMM 1100-TTs and I really like that one. I can recommend it. Sounds really nice, very low noise and it's very flexible.

Here are two that also have my interest:
https://www.ashevillemusictools.com/products/adg-1
https://www.suhr.com/electronics/pedals ... ery-delay/

This one sounds good too.
https://www.suprousa.com/pedals/delay/

Those all look nice!

Just got my Princeton Reverb back from the shop today. While unloading it, my car battery died. Alternator is shot. Will need to replace that and get a new battery. So today ended up being expensive enough that the quest for a new delay pedal is on pause until next month. :lol:

This is what that other weird pedal I bought does, I didn't really talk about it much. It's a reverb with variable clipping distortion and an internal feedback loop. The feedback is on a momentary switch, clipping can be symmetrical, asymmetrical or off. In the off position, the op-amps will overload and could blow your ears and equipment I guess, if not careful. Which is why feedback is limited to momentary. Not an effect for everyone, but I find it exceedingly cool. Particularly on synths.

The sound is the Pro 3 Sequential wave... Starts out dry, you cant miss when I turn on the effect :lol:

When the sun explodes

EDIT-TOP-scaled-e1585646644293 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

https://delicious-audio.com/
A guitar pedal blog.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 am This is what that other weird pedal I bought does, I didn't really talk about it much. It's a reverb with variable clipping distortion and an internal feedback loop. The feedback is on a momentary switch, clipping can be symmetrical, asymmetrical or off. In the off position, the op-amps will overload and could blow your ears and equipment I guess, if not careful. Which is why feedback is limited to momentary. Not an effect for everyone, but I find it exceedingly cool. Particularly on synths.

The sound is the Pro 3 Sequential wave... Starts out dry, you cant miss when I turn on the effect :lol:

When the sun explodes

EDIT-TOP-scaled-e1585646644293 small.jpg
yeah that's lovely!!!

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:17 pm
pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 am
When the sun explodes
yeah that's lovely!!!
I do like it quite a lot the more I use it! :tu:

Very likely it will make it into the fuzz off soon as a background effect. :)

I thought this rodenburg amps kill switch would be fun, so I ordered one.

Stage 1: Manual – footswitch pressed => sound OFF, footswitch released => sound ON
Switch position 2: 400ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 200ms
Switch position 3: 350ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 175ms
Switch position 4: 300ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 150ms
Switch position 5: 250ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 125ms
Switch position 6: 200ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 100ms
Switch position 7: 150ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 75ms
Switch position 8: 100ms – Sound ON / OFF automatically every 50ms *machine gun fire

https://www.rodenberg-amplification.com ... ll-switch/

The Kill Mister pedal is super fun! Essentially a trance gate for the guitar, while you can't program it,
you can perform it, since it's on a momentary trigger. It's pretty fast, not super fast, but pretty fast.
So far the slower speeds have been more useful, you can move through the divisions on the fly with
some timing. It's pretty sick in my estimation. I need to buy one more I think, for stereo and offset
or whatever. :tu:

Got some nifty utility pedals from OBNE: Seems like they would be pretty useful for me
and were not too expensive. Also Harpist, Emily Hopkins says she uses the ramper a lot. :tu:

These should prove the most useful with the Microcosm, although you can control pretty much
every parameter in that via midi, many can only be controlled that way I believe. Still for that
and everything else, I am interested to see how these can be utilized in my setup.

Ramper

Slider

Split/Meld

i like obne pedals, always interesting combinations!
not seen the utility stuff before? i assume for expression inputs?

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:31 pm i like obne pedals, always interesting combinations!
not seen the utility stuff before? i assume for expression inputs?
:tu: I’ve got the slider one. Great for hand level adjustments bot not for feet unless you’ve got that gentle touch.

I haven’t picked up the spitter/meld yet but looks useful.

Return to “Guitars”