Cubase 11 dropping MIDI

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dunno if this is a Cubase or Windows issue, but anyone else get times when Cubase just doesn't see MIDI input, yet it sees the controllers ?

I have 2 MIDI controllers hooked up, the Q49 and V25, both from Alesis. Sometimes it starts and both work fine, other times , like today, it gets no input from either.

The V25 worked after making it inactive then active again in studio settings, the Q49 worked after unplugging and plugging it back in, which kinda makes me think this is a windows issue.

Any ideas ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

What's up with Steinberg recently? Dropping eLicenser? Dropping VST2? Now even dropping MIDI? :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Not here, but there's another one: USB ports. Those can be tricky and deceptive. If you can, try other ports and see if the behaviour is still the same. Check what's your Power Plan/Profile and if USB ports are not deactivated after a certain amount of time.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 am I dunno if this is a Cubase or Windows issue, but anyone else get times when Cubase just doesn't see MIDI input, yet it sees the controllers ?

I have 2 MIDI controllers hooked up, the Q49 and V25, both from Alesis. Sometimes it starts and both work fine, other times , like today, it gets no input from either.

The V25 worked after making it inactive then active again in studio settings, the Q49 worked after unplugging and plugging it back in, which kinda makes me think this is a windows issue.

Any ideas ?
I had a problem (not only with Cubase) and that a conflict between Arturia mk ii keyboard and Korg Kontrol2. I had to unplug Kontrol2 in order to my mk ii knobs/buttons to work. I remember a similar problem with Bitwig but not with Live for example. So maybe try to control Cubase with just one keyboard (knobs, buttons ...etc). Otherwise, I don't have a problem with playing different keys. I have three keyboards connected (MODX 6, MKii and NI M32).

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:47 am What's up with Steinberg recently? Dropping eLicenser? Dropping VST2? Now even dropping MIDI? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's really wierd, tbh, i've had Cubase not get input but it sees the MIDI keyboard, yet the keyboard works fine outside of Cubase without needing to unplug / plug it back in.

But both are working now, I have a feeling this is Windows , as was said, USB is handled strangely. I have disabled the power saving / sleep option, but I have had an instance in the past where something reset the plan, i'll double check it now, but I think they are all OK.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:47 am What's up with Steinberg recently? Dropping eLicenser? Dropping VST2? Now even dropping MIDI? :D
It seems they're dropping midi 1.0 for the the newer Midi 2.0.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Happens here occasionally with Studio One in Windows 10 as well.

I rather suspect issues in the communication with the controller. I.e. I'm sure it's rather controller hardware related.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”