Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

One more thing I have noticed, now we're constantly being reminded to update the hardware editors: :party:

The category filter is kind of weird; first of all, the filters are "All","Hardware","Software" - so far they all make sense - and then there's "Both". Shouldn't that be already covered by "All"? "Both" in actuality acts as a subset of "Software", restricted to the Multi-series assets and some of the products in the Zenology line. I mean, I can probably understand what they were going for, except I find the categories even more confusing now...

Then there's the actual tagging of the products: technically everything pushed through RCM counts as "Software", I can see why the distinction, though: the "Hardware" assets are meant to be used together with a specific hardware device - this is of course why I have never installed the editors for the hardware I don't have.

The problem is: The libraries for Fantom etc. are correctly tagged as "Hardware", the editor applications for some reason are not, so they show up even if I set the filter to Software only. I think this is an oversight - not a terrible one, mind you.

Regards,

--
Marco

Introspective wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm Niggles:

...When I click on the RCM icon in the icon tray (in the Windows navigation bar), the window with the buttons are almost completely blocked by the icon tray.

...When RCM is first loading, the "spinner" is clearly cropped in a bounding box for me: you can see the edges of it on the right and the bottom. I DO have some weird font-size setting in Windows that is probably causing this (my eyes are bad), but still.

Feature request:

The "library" tab of the RCM should really (!!!) have some nesting or better filters, so that I can quickly get to all of the softsynths (vs libraries), and/or to hide all of the Zenology expansions (there are a LOT of them). ...Personally, I'd like to see nesting (folders), with AIRA in one folder and Zenology in another, etc, etc.
Hi, Introspective! The filtering is done by the Series, Category, Access, and Status buttons in the top row of the Library. Click on any of these, or any combination of these to find the products that you're looking for. To view the soft synths, click on Series and select Legendary. AIRA and ZENOLOGY products also have a designation in this drop down menu. Thanks!

vulpes777 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:38 pm One more thing I have noticed, now we're constantly being reminded to update the hardware editors: :party:

The category filter is kind of weird; first of all, the filters are "All","Hardware","Software" - so far they all make sense - and then there's "Both". Shouldn't that be already covered by "All"? "Both" in actuality acts as a subset of "Software", restricted to the Multi-series assets and some of the products in the Zenology line. I mean, I can probably understand what they were going for, except I find the categories even more confusing now...

Then there's the actual tagging of the products: technically everything pushed through RCM counts as "Software", I can see why the distinction, though: the "Hardware" assets are meant to be used together with a specific hardware device - this is of course why I have never installed the editors for the hardware I don't have.

The problem is: The libraries for Fantom etc. are correctly tagged as "Hardware", the editor applications for some reason are not, so they show up even if I set the filter to Software only. I think this is an oversight - not a terrible one, mind you.

Regards,

--
Marco
Hi, Marco! The Hardware designation is for any content that can or must be loaded into hardware for use.

The Software designation is for products that can or must be used with other software. An Editor app is for hardware, but would not be loaded into said hardware, so it remains categorized as software specifically.

Some content can be used in your DAW as well as with your Zen-Core hardware, this content is categorized as "Both." The Both category largely pertains to the Zen-Core expansion content that can be used in ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as loaded into your favorite instruments, like the EXZ and SDZ expansions.

Thanks!

Asking for a friend who´s looking for an up-to-date hardware workstation:

Will a Fantom that´s loaded with Roland Cloud content (ie model expansions) also need to be authorized/hooked up via a PC/Mac with the Roland Cloud Manager every xx days or does anything that´s loaded into a Fantom work offline indefinitely?

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:45 pm
vulpes777 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:38 pm One more thing I have noticed, now we're constantly being reminded to update the hardware editors: :party:

Regards,

--
Marco
Hi, Marco! The Hardware designation is for any content that can or must be loaded into hardware for use.

The Software designation is for products that can or must be used with other software. An Editor app is for hardware, but would not be loaded into said hardware, so it remains categorized as software specifically.

Some content can be used in your DAW as well as with your Zen-Core hardware, this content is categorized as "Both." The Both category largely pertains to the Zen-Core expansion content that can be used in ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as loaded into your favorite instruments, like the EXZ and SDZ expansions.

Thanks!
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

--
Marco

vulpes777 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 pm Eh, nope...not for me at least: 2.6.3 still pops up with the updates for the two HW editors, same as in the past days.

Regards,

--
Marco
@brian,
this happens to me also. it broke in 2.6.2 and is still happening in 2.6.3 so can you please pass that on to the developers?

Brian,

Happy 50th for Roland! And what a great kickstart!

Loving the new n/zyme expansion for the Fantom! Just wondering if you foresee that coming to Roland Cloud anytime soon? I understand if you are sworn to secrecy.

Edit- I actually saw elsewhere that you mention it is Fantom only at the moment. Hopefully it will make its way over to the Cloud soon! Oh...and JD-800 over to the Fantom soon would be nice too!

Has sound pack pricing changed? When I go to https://www.rolandcloud.com/memberships I see that individual packs are supposed to be $0.99 each, but within the Android App, all the presets seem to cost 4 points ( > $5CAD). It seems like a bait-and-switch.

EDIT: ok, I see if I go into the Roland Cloud Manager (instead of zenbeats) individual presets appear to be $0.99/$19.99. Still confused about the difference.

Sound packs for Zenology are $0.99 ea. Sound packs for the Model Expansions are $19.99 ea. Patch packs for the Legendary instruments are $19.99 ea.

Tried to come back using roland cloud again after ditching it in the past (purchased some vsts a couple of years ago but stopped using because the rcm was a nightmare to use)... unfortunately the cloud manager is still the same slow, buggy bloatware that it was.
After a long time of downloading and installing, some vsts are listed as installed even though they are not.
The "uninstall" button in the rcm doesn't respond for those vsts, so there is no way for me to install them.
Another 2 hours of my life wasted for shit.

It's quite sad how native instruments, xln audio, korg and dozens of other companies were able to create YEARS AGO what roland MISREABLY FAIL TO DO IN THE YEAR 2022, which is just a simple decent app manager.

I'm gonna uninstall this piece of junk again and never look back.
If I had the time I would ask for a full refund for all the vsts I bought but I'm busy making music can't chase your buggy tail forever.
Hire some decent code developers and stop abusing your customers. Goddamnit.

i reported my problems with v2.6.3 to roland support. got a series of suggestions ranging from deleting this or that file, none of which worked. they finally suggested that i uninstall/reinstall, which also didn't work.

v2.6.3 is confused about what i have installed on my system, and reports things as needing updates when they are not even installed.

i found a backup of RCM v2.6.1 on my hard-drive. When I installed it, my problem went away.

i reported it to Roland Support. hopefully they will realize that something is badly broken (they seem to be in denial).

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:27 am i reported my problems with v2.6.3 to roland support. got a series of suggestions ranging from deleting this or that file, none of which worked. they finally suggested that i uninstall/reinstall, which also didn't work.

v2.6.3 is confused about what i have installed on my system, and reports things as needing updates when they are not even installed.

i found a backup of RCM v2.6.1 on my hard-drive. When I installed it, my problem went away.

i reported it to Roland Support. hopefully they will realize that something is badly broken (they seem to be in denial).
Roland is hopeless. They created a piece of junk that completely polluted our computers. How stupid is it to join hardware management with software management. Why do software users keep getting warning about "updates" to extensions for Fantom or Jupiter X? THIS IS PLAINLY STUPID.

If they want to create a manager for that, they should create a SEPARATE software for THOSE USERS exclusively. How difficult is it to realize the current solution is stupid and annoying? I now canceled my subscription (they don't have anything else I want besides what I already own as lifetime licenses), and blocked all messages from RCM, which I also removed from startup. I will also probably block any updates to it. This is the most useless and hopeless software manager I ever saw.
Fernando (FMR)

lol. i agree.

i removed it from startup on day 1. i hate it when companies put their crap in startup.

Bippo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:45 am Tried to come back using roland cloud again after ditching it in the past (purchased some vsts a couple of years ago but stopped using because the rcm was a nightmare to use)... unfortunately the cloud manager is still the same slow, buggy bloatware that it was.
After a long time of downloading and installing, some vsts are listed as installed even though they are not.
The "uninstall" button in the rcm doesn't respond for those vsts, so there is no way for me to install them.
Another 2 hours of my life wasted for shit.

It's quite sad how native instruments, xln audio, korg and dozens of other companies were able to create YEARS AGO what roland MISREABLY FAIL TO DO IN THE YEAR 2022, which is just a simple decent app manager.

I'm gonna uninstall this piece of junk again and never look back.
If I had the time I would ask for a full refund for all the vsts I bought but I'm busy making music can't chase your buggy tail forever.
Hire some decent code developers and stop abusing your customers. Goddamnit.
Hi, Bippo! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I can assist you with a cancellation if you'd like. If you'd like to keep working with the plugins, I'd be glad to collect a specific description of the issues you're experiencing with Roland Cloud Manager, your Roland System logs, and communicate these to engineering.

The reality is that we have thousands of customers and I hear from about 20-30 people a week that have issues, often the same people. I understand that the program may not work with some systems, setups, or workflows, but often we hear from people on social channels that may be experiencing issues that never contact our Support department. If you feel that we are not addressing an issue, it often comes down to the fact that we cannot reproduce every misfire of the program in every possible system configuration, and especially without specific information on these issues.

The best way to help correct a problem with the software is to submit detailed system information, steps for reproduction, and your Roland System logs for us to investigate. If we get anecdotal reports of a behavior from social channels, it's often difficult to do anything about without this information. If you feel that the product is not up to your standard, we ask for your assistance in this regard, otherwise, it is often difficult for us to remedy with out this information. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Hi Brian, my sub just renewed to get the Play4Life deal for this year, but I can't see the 2 extra lifetime key options from that on my account, just the 6 I already had. Is this just a lag between the payment going out today and it'll show up in a day or two or should I chase up Roland support?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

fmr wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am
JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:27 am i reported my problems with v2.6.3 to roland support. got a series of suggestions ranging from deleting this or that file, none of which worked. they finally suggested that i uninstall/reinstall, which also didn't work.

Roland is hopeless. They created a piece of junk that completely polluted our computers. How stupid is it to join hardware management with software management. Why do software users keep getting warning about "updates" to extensions for Fantom or Jupiter X? THIS IS PLAINLY STUPID.

If they want to create a manager for that, they should create a SEPARATE software for THOSE USERS exclusively. How difficult is it to realize the current solution is stupid and annoying? I now canceled my subscription (they don't have anything else I want besides what I already own as lifetime licenses), and blocked all messages from RCM, which I also removed from startup. I will also probably block any updates to it. This is the most useless and hopeless software manager I ever saw.
Omg, what a drama queen. There are 2 or maybe 3 KVR users that have these issues :ud:
Personally I don’t experience any of it.
The latest version of RCM runs smoothly and as expected on my M1 Mac mini :clap:
Btw; Happy 50th birthday Roland :party:

Return to “Instruments”