Why do you dislike u-he VSTs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate that people don't recognize that Hive 2 is the best U-He synth!
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

mtelesha wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am I hate that people don't recognize that Hive 2 is the best U-He synth!
Preach
Always Read the Manual!

mtelesha wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am I hate that people don't recognize that Hive 2 is the best U-He synth!
True that!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am
Preach
Perhaps that's because Zebra and Diva have better presets, more suited to their styles of music?

I only have Zebra HZ and triple cheese --- If Zebra 3 is ever born, and is as much a work of genius as Zebra 2, then ........
Zen

Them's fightin' words!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:08 pm
Them's fightin' words!
[stands behind syntonica, folds arms menacingly:] YEAH.

That's prob a knife in the heart of urs, his most run of the mill synth deemed as his best work :hihi:

Nah.
I hate signatures too.

Has Urs chimed in yet on why he dislikes U-he VSTs?

vata44 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:27 pm I want to love the Uhbik series, but the names are always confusing and without fail I load 1-2 other ones while looking for the one I want. Their oddly laid out knobs of big and small sizes are also annoying. It would better if they lined up the knobs and added sliders so they kinda lined up with midi controllers better. I love the sound of them, but my first issue really makes them collect dust while I reach for FabFilter who’s GUIs have never failed to get me from point A-B quickly, nor have they confused me with which one I would be opening.
try the alpha v2 version instead, it has a much better layout than v1

It is a beast, no doubt.

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 pm
It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people comparing unrelated synthesis types to each other? Diva, Bazille and Hive have nothing in common with each other other than the same developer. Comparing Hive to other wavetable synths or Supersaw Virus emulators makes sense, but all you're saying when say it's the 'best' is "I like wavetable synths that are similar to the Virus in some ways!"

Are you calling me a person?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 pm
It is a beast, no doubt.
What I will never understand is people
that's where that sentence ends for me :)

Return to “Instruments”