Buyer beware when purchasing "account takeovers" on the KVR Sell & Buy Forum and other scams

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 70's were tough ... that's why punk happened imho.
Lots of bored teenagers, urban decay, poverty. I remember ;)

Also, buying an account takeover is like buying illegal licences, which is EXACTLY the same as piracy. If you don't support piracy, don't buy an account takeover. Unless the developer supports this, there are very few who do.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Are there companies which allow complete account transfers? I don't think so... or am I wrong?

GregSilver wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm Are there companies which allow complete account transfers? I don't think so... or am I wrong?
Cherry Audio, Tracktion.

ralfrobert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 pm
GregSilver wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm Are there companies which allow complete account transfers? I don't think so... or am I wrong?
Cherry Audio, Tracktion.
Do you have written proof from the developers that confirm this? If so please share it.

I think if this is the case then the buyer should reach out to their support and confirm with them that it IS ok before purchasing. This would be the safest approach.
.... ...

0n Tracktion :

viewtopic.php?t=463088

ralfrobert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 pm 0n Tracktion :

viewtopic.php?t=463088
Yah that's not very "Official". I was hoping to see a response from a Tracktion employee.

Again to any buyer I would suggestion contacting them directly via their support page and asking them BEFORE buying anything.
.... ...

I don't totally agree , I have only ever given away accounts but I've swapped them and never stolen anything so your not completely right

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 pm 0n Tracktion :

viewtopic.php?t=463088
Yah that's not very "Official". I was hoping to see a response from a Tracktion employee.

Again to any buyer I would suggestion contacting them directly via their support page and asking them BEFORE buying anything.
A few years ago I asked Tracktion directly if I could sell my BioTek license. They recommended me to transfer my account. I ended up not doing so, because I also owned Waveform.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Thank you ! I was just searching for a second hand licence... The one I was interested in is Avenger and on that licence you have to pay a fee. Is this make it safe in any way or could I be scamed anyway ?

Optimus1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:21 pm Thank you ! I was just searching for a second hand licence... The one I was interested in is Avenger and on that licence you have to pay a fee. Is this make it safe in any way or could I be scamed anyway ?
Depends. Is the Avenger fee the responsibility of the seller or the buyer?

I am interested in Ableton Live Suite and there are a couple of decent offers here on KVR, but your post has me thinking hard about it.

.... ...

----

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”