Arturia Controllers any good?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love my Keystep 32, with the best mini keybed (for me)

kvotchin wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:10 am
FJ5 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:39 pmIn the end I bought a KeyLab 61 Mk2!

(. . .)

I've also got a KeyStep 37 (for arp etc.)
This is also my exact setup. :party:

Both solid and versatile. No, not suitable for playing serious piano parts. Otherwise, fine.

Worth considering bundled software too. I’ve found Analog Lab very useful (for example), but not everyone would.
Agreed, I really like Analog Lab. After my 1st KeyLab (the 49-key) I bought the V Collection but ended up selling as just too many synths to learn & I found just tweaking presets using Analog Lab’s features was a more efficient way of working.

I don't love the action on the Keylab 49-61 MKII (the keys feel too light to me), but the controls are top notch and it fits like a glove with Analog Lab and/or the V Collection.

As for reliability, I have both the 61 and 88 (weighted) and have never had a problem with either.

I like my Keylab88 (mk2) The action is a little heavy though I might kind of like how it slows me down a bit. Softens my velocities.

The one problem I've had.. the 1st CC knob is glitchy if I turn it too quickly. .bought (very lightly) used so no warranty. It's possible a cleaning would fix it but I haven't gotten around to it.

Here's my horrible experience.... I bought a Keylab 61 MK2 in December. The build quality is great, keybed feels really nice and integration with their software is wonderful ... but the keyboard randomly sent midi data every minute or so, sometimes a note, sometimes a CC-value. Ok, returned it, got a new one for exchange.
Connected the keyboard, started Ableton and .... moving the faders produced a screechy electrical noise when moving. There are lots of people with this problem, but every workaround or fix I found on YT or the forums didn't work. I spent a whole weekend then gave up. Returned the keyboard a second time, bought a Novation and I am finally happy.
Don't get me wrong, if everything works, this is an awesome controller but I totally lost faith in their QC and/or electronics department.

Which Novation did you get?

I took the Launchkey MK3. Keybed is worse than Arturia's but the Ableton integration is top notch and build quality is fine.

Ok. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”