Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:48 am You could just do it with 3 instances of Pigments into 3 instances of the plugin you want to affect (instead of 3 into 1) if you can't get it to work.
using a container/host plugin like FL's free minihost modular within the DAW might be an option too.

added: can also use Unify to do it via a combobox to combine the output of multiple pigments instances - can have the target synth in that or just have the combined output be the output of a single midi effect layer, keeping it neater for the receiving synth.
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZincT wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:28 am
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 am I think a separate instance of Pigments on each of four daw tracks driving either itself, other plugins, and/or hardware synths might be able to come fairly close to what KSP does...especially since Pigments can be either an arp or a sequencer in each instance/track.
:tu: Just tried this in Studio One Pro 5 and Cakewalk bB.

I have Riffer but I like the way Pigments works in this way.

Thanks @Musical Gym
Glad it helped.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:29 am
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:48 am You could just do it with 3 instances of Pigments into 3 instances of the plugin you want to affect (instead of 3 into 1) if you can't get it to work.
using a container/host plugin like FL's free minihost modular within the DAW might be an option too.
Thanks for tip, I've been getting back into FL.

Playing factory sequences together is also interesting.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:43 am
Fraggle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:20 amNot every DAW can route Pigments like the guy does in the video -- He is using Bitwig - Ableton cannot do that. I wonder how many DAWs can ??
what can't be done in ableton? on the receiving synth track can set it to use the midi output of the pigments track, and can create midi tracks that do nothing but route midi from pigments to whatever other midi track is desired - so could have 3 instances of pigments routing into one instance of another synth if desired.
Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.45.15.png
Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.45.01.png
Pigments MIDI out is not treated in Ableton like an Arp -- You can see the difference when you compare it to the Cthulhu picture - on the Serum MIDI track there is another drop down menu that says Cthulhu, but that is not available in the same routing set up using Pigments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zen

Fraggle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 amnshot 2022-01-24 at 18.45.01.png

Pigments MIDI out is not treated in Ableton like an Arp -- You can see the difference when you compare it to the Cthulhu picture - on the Serum MIDI track there is another drop down menu that says Cthulhu, but that is not available in the same routing set up using Pigments
I actually did it before I posted originally

image shows omni pulling midi from pigments 1 instance, and also 3 tracks taking midi from the 3 pigments instances and "pushing" the midi to the omni track. in this case, omni will sound 2x pigments1 combined with pigments2 and pigments3,
pigments.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:12 pm
Fraggle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 amnshot 2022-01-24 at 18.45.01.png

I actually did it before I posted originally

image shows omni pulling midi from pigments 1 instance, and also 3 tracks taking midi from the 3 pigments instances and "pushing" the midi to the omni track. in this case, omni will sound 2x pigments1 combined with pigments2 and pigments3,

pigments.jpg
HI

I think it must be something to do with Omnisphere rather than Ableton as I tried copying your photo but as you see Serum doesn't offer the same routing.
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 22.21.27.png
Zen

Fraggle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 pmI think it must be something to do with Omnisphere rather than Ableton as I tried copying your photo but as you see Serum doesn't offer the same routing.
Sanity check: audio units doesn't support this vs vst which does.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:47 pm
Fraggle wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 pmI think it must be something to do with Omnisphere rather than Ableton as I tried copying your photo but as you see Serum doesn't offer the same routing.
Sanity check: audio units doesn't support this vs vst which does.
lol 'sanity check' --- thanks -- I didn't know about that difference between AU and VST
Zen

So after seeing it pop up here and there, I finally checked out Playbeat by Audiomodern a few days ago and I actually really like it. It's a very intuitive yet flexible drum sequencer, but I think they have the "controlled randomization" down completely. I'm having loads of fun with it in combination with the Bassline Generator.

The new updates to playbeat have been great. I like the new random sample loading in V3 (even if not as robust as say XO or Atlas) . I’ve gone back to using playbeat as the drum sequencer brain to drive other drum vsti.

I'm revisiting this one. Alot of fun and potential.
https://hgsounds.com/product/midi-looper-for-kontakt/
On sale till Feb. 6.
Group Buy going on now also.

I just learned about this, and it sounds very interesting: https://contextsequencer.wordpress.com/.

Unfortunately, it is in PureData, about which I know nothing. I am willing to learn, but can't seem to get either the 32 bit or 64 bit Windows versions running. I have sent an e-mail to the developer for some assistance, but if anyone is interested, and has luck getting it started, please let me know :).

bharris22 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:34 pm I just learned about this, and it sounds very interesting: https://contextsequencer.wordpress.com/.

Unfortunately, it is in PureData, about which I know nothing. I am willing to learn, but can't seem to get either the 32 bit or 64 bit Windows versions running. I have sent an e-mail to the developer for some assistance, but if anyone is interested, and has luck getting it started, please let me know :).
Cool find! I bookmarked the website….

Don’t know much about PD, but I just downloaded a Largo Vsti randomizer built in PD yesterday (found in the KVR forums) and after downloading the ‘hosting program’ to run it in, it worked fine (I don’t know much about this side of it, so forgive me for my made up vocabulary!) it wasn’t the same download as this one appears to be though…

I’ll put this on the list to try…. Though I just solved the Studio One / Wojta 22 vst midi routing riddle (Thanks KVR and @zincT!!) so my time has been used for finally exploring that. :)

Strangely, I think I have been able to get this working on my 32 bit tablet, but not my 64 bit tablet - at least there is sound coming out of the examples, with no errors. I have not tried midi output yet, but will try to do so in the next few days.

If anyone needs help or additional information about how I finally got this working on a 32 bit system, just let me know. Conversely, if anyone has ideas about getting it running on a 64 bit system, please help :).

dopet wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:47 pm I just downloaded a Largo Vsti randomizer built in PD yesterday (found in the KVR forums) and after downloading the ‘hosting program’ to run it in, it worked fine
Can you share links?

Return to “Effects”