The future of Geist 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Exactly,, and why I wouldn't want Geist in either my precious RMX or XO :)
Now if Tremor sound making tools came into RMX.

rsp
sound sculptist

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:55 am So it is true, i had to see for myself. :(

That sucks.

RIP GEIST.jpg
ack. that sucks. kinda knew it was coming. last year i emailed roli about geist. i nagged about tremor, bloom and etch. they were pushing geist in early 2020. half off sale on expansions too.

i forget what roli said but it was pretty much standard "we hate to do it but have to" and something about not being able to develop everything w/the small staff they have.. yada yada yada.

i think Xfer Nerve is still in development.. i don't think it's been updated in forever though haven't paid attention. there was some forum chatter over there about it last i looked.

https://xferrecords.com/products/nerve

dayjob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:31 am
i forget what roli said but it was pretty much standard "we hate to do it but have to" and something about not being able to develop everything w/the small staff they have.. yada yada yada.
They were under bankruptcy protection for most of 2021, and only emerged in September when they vowed that they were going to concentrate mostly on supporting music education going forward, so I guess that point was where it was obvious Roli simply couldn't do anything about Geist, even if they wanted, Investors make the calls...

NikkiA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:39 am
dayjob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:31 am
They were under bankruptcy protection for most of 2021, and only emerged in September when they vowed that they were going to concentrate mostly on supporting music education going forward, so I guess that point was where it was obvious Roli simply couldn't do anything about Geist, even if they wanted, Investors make the calls...
a shame they cant sell it off to someone. oh well, so it goes.

What programming grid has the features of Tremor or Geist? I just want to point that at Battery.

Cb
Make mine 6/8.

carlbe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am What programming grid has the features of Tremor or Geist? I just want to point that at Battery.

Cb
Cakewalk's step editor, and Reaper's megababy (nandy's modded version) come about as close as possible, but cakewalk's only allows a single 'split note' and megababy is ugly as sin (but has all the features, I think - the nandy mod is critical for the ability to offset the beats).

edit: Also AIR Strike has most of the same features, but no beat splitting afaik, and you have to use strike (while it can load samples for each drum component, it doesn't feel right)

I'm still amazed that for years we have had complex midi generators, arps, etc, but there isn't a beast drum programmer with asymmetrical note splits, tick level shifts, configurable lane loops points, built in Euclidean, different run rates per lane etc. There was something in Reason back years ago that you could time shift lanes, great swing algo, groove templates? I barely remember it. I got tremor and was happy enough.

And in a simple plug-in. I don't want to load an entire daw to get a decent programming grid.
I'm an old man now, but please someone think of the future drum programmers!

Cb
Make mine 6/8.

Hi, i just want to tell everybody that there is no anymore transfer fee for Geist,i just sold my copy of Geist 2 and Roli waived transfer fee be cause of no longer support.

carlbe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:41 am And in a simple plug-in. I don't want to load an entire daw to get a decent programming grid.
Not being a replacement or anything, but I found Atlas to be very enjoyable to work with for drums.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

carlbe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:41 am I'm still amazed that for years we have had complex midi generators, arps, etc, but there isn't a beast drum programmer with asymmetrical note splits, tick level shifts, configurable lane loops points, built in Euclidean, different run rates per lane etc. There was something in Reason back years ago that you could time shift lanes, great swing algo, groove templates? I barely remember it. I got tremor and was happy enough.

And in a simple plug-in. I don't want to load an entire daw to get a decent programming grid.

Cb
This^

But a million minimoog vsts.
more to come.
🇷🇺

carlbe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:41 am I'm still amazed that for years we have had complex midi generators, arps, etc, but there isn't a beast drum programmer with asymmetrical note splits, tick level shifts, configurable lane loops points, built in Euclidean, different run rates per lane etc. There was something in Reason back years ago that you could time shift lanes, great swing algo, groove templates? I barely remember it. I got tremor and was happy enough.

Cb
The Step Sequencer in Logic is my favorite these days...

I didn't know people still used Geist lol

there is nothing like geist. at least from what i know.
🇷🇺

Return to “Instruments”