BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:26 pm ...
No issues with that notarized build. Reaper picked up the VST2 immediately.

But for some reason, I can't get the VST2 M1 build to get past Apple's security scan. Again, the M1 VST3, I was able to go to Security & Privacy and do the "Open Anyway" trick. But that's not working for the VST2 here. So they're not coming up as notarized.

I'm using the Reaper Universal Binary build for version 6.44. Let me know if you need me to check anything else.
Shane from PluginGuru kindly helped me with that notarization routine. It is so counter intuitive that I would spend days without his help. Anyway, hopefully now I notarized it correctly. The previous version was just signed, which is not enough for OS Catalina and above.
Try this package:
https://www.omg-instruments.com/bluearp ... arized.zip

PS. I don't know why f**ng Chrome gives me the warning again. If it does, open dropdown list and select 'keep'

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:18 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:26 pm ...
No issues with that notarized build. Reaper picked up the VST2 immediately.

But for some reason, I can't get the VST2 M1 build to get past Apple's security scan. Again, the M1 VST3, I was able to go to Security & Privacy and do the "Open Anyway" trick. But that's not working for the VST2 here. So they're not coming up as notarized.

I'm using the Reaper Universal Binary build for version 6.44. Let me know if you need me to check anything else.
Shane from PluginGuru kindly helped me with that notarization routine. It is so counter intuitive that I would spend days without his help. Anyway, hopefully now I notarized it correctly. The previous version was just signed, which is not enough for OS Catalina and above.
Try this package:
https://www.omg-instruments.com/bluearp ... arized.zip

PS. I don't know why f**ng Chrome gives me the warning again. If it does, open dropdown list and select 'keep'
Working well now. Thanks! And thanks to Shane from PluginGuru too!

Nicely done, good on you - and Shane
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

I can't for the life of me understand how this one slipped under my radar this long. After one day of use i already can't see myself ever being without it. Thanks you for sharing this labor of love! Your dedication really shows and it's massively appreciated. ♥️

Did a quick topic search and I don't think this has been asked before, my apologies if it already has:

Any plans of implementing step subdivisions/note ratcheting?

Thank you, keep up the great work.

--
Marco

vulpes777 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:24 pm Any plans of implementing step subdivisions/note ratcheting?
Subdivison, sequence lane direction & ratcheting, although they are super cool features, but there's no enough room left to add them in current BlueARP, perhaps better for a new project :hyper:

phreaque wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:39 pm
vulpes777 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:24 pm Any plans of implementing step subdivisions/note ratcheting?
Subdivison, sequence lane direction & ratcheting, although they are super cool features, but there's no enough room left to add them in current BlueARP, perhaps better for a new project :hyper:
Yeah, I was just taking a good look at the GUI and wondering where I would add the extra lanes...

Oh well, one can always hope. :hihi:

Regards,

--
Marco

vulpes777 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:48 pm ...
Yeah, I was just taking a good look at the GUI and wondering where I would add the extra lanes...

Oh well, one can always hope. :hihi:

Regards,

--
Marco
Since BlueARP has a hardware counterpart (BlueARP DM) and they share the same core code, I can't really add new lanes. There's no more room on the hardware GUI and the software GUI is pretty dense as well. But there's one possible option, like I did already with GATE PER STEP lane - is can be switched between 'GATE' and 'CHANNEL' modes, so you can output different steps to different channels, but you sacrifice gate per step in this case. In theory, ratcheting can be added the same way, adding another mode to GATE lane.
PS. CHANNEL mode was done mostly for the hardware unit, it makes sense on multi-timbral synths where you can play different steps with different synth sounds.

Hello, I have kept the previous (2.3.7 graywolf) installed to load up on previous projects (as they don't pick up 2.3.8 as the same VST), but I find that some settings (e.g. skin colour) saved on one seems to interfere with the other. Is there a way to stop them from doing this?

The settings file will be the same for these versions, I think, so, they both write their settings to it. C:/User/<YourUsername>/AppData/Roaming/BlueARP/BlueARP.ini on Windows.

IIRC, that file location is used, because users might install BlueARP to a directory that only admin users can write to, and the DAW could be booted with normal user rights, so, there's no way BlueARP can write to that directoty, when you change its settings.

Yeah, it shares skin color and GUI scaling globally in BlueARP.ini settings file. As an alternative option, I can make it project-related, but in this cause you will have to change color / gui scaling each time you create a new instance of the plugin. But then it will save these settings with a project and recall them, just like all other params. Any votes for this?
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

poseidal wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:37 am Hello, I have kept the previous (2.3.7 graywolf) installed to load up on previous projects (as they don't pick up 2.3.8 as the same VST), but I find that some settings (e.g. skin colour) saved on one seems to interfere with the other. Is there a way to stop them from doing this?
Yeah, v2.3.8 is incompatible, you can either keep the old 2.3.7 one or use vst_legacy version 2.3.8.

Hello,
the VST3 version ( 2.3.8 ) seems to have a problem, it does not react to Program Change messages.
The VST2 version works fine.
I'm in REAPER v6.46.
Cheers

mucknog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 pm Hello,
the VST3 version ( 2.3.8 ) seems to have a problem, it does not react to Program Change messages.
The VST2 version works fine.
I'm in REAPER v6.46.
Cheers
This is a VST3 issue, not BlueARP, say thanks to $teinberg. And no hope it will change. They deliberately deprecated any MIDI messages to the plugin, even sustain pedal messages. I have to grey them out in VST3 version, didn't do it yet.

I see. Thanks for the feedback.
VST2 works perfectly, so I will stay there.

Awesome plugin, by the way. Best ARP ever :)

Return to “Instruments”