Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

Thanks for confirming Markus.

Warlock TONE2 is featured in the December 2021 issue (Digital) of Electronic Musician - The Best Software Synths 2021 article, along a "101" like quick introductory tutorial.

https://www.discountmags.com/magazine/e ... 21-digital

Interesting and true quote as opening:
"Warlock is a very small but mighty synth, and its unassuming nature will leave you pleasantly surprised after having a play around with it..."

Bravo Markus & T2 team.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

I hate to ask, but I can't seem to (quickly) find a Google result to confirm or deny this:

...Is Warlock reskinnable?

It's not that I hate the L&F, but ... I am sure I would prefer something ... different.

Enjoying the synth, though!

Mac: You can reskin a big part of the plugins if you're on the Mac. Right-click on the plugin to view it's content. Then you'll find a number of .png files that can replaced.

PC: No.

Ahh. Alas: Windows.

Thanks for the reply, though!

ZincT wrote: ↑Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:58 am
I am running version Warlock 1.0 RC4 - can anyone (Markus?) confirm that is the latest version?
This is the latest version.
Updates can be downloaded here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html
-------------------------------------------
Where is the Warlock download/updater? There is nothing on that page for Warlock. The last version (email) I have is 1.0rc3 (working fine). I sent email to Tone2 begging for AU and (if possible) M1 Native and even AAX support. Also to grab the latest build (assume 1.0rc4). Love the synth, works great Unified (THANK YOU ZincT!!).

Patch management could use some work (searchable, organizable, by category or type, maybe something similar to how Synthmaster does it?).

Aside from that, this thing is totally epic!! I actually had no clue that Warlock had it roots or lineage from Firebird. the Firebird presets in Warlock are great, I have always been more Mac user so I was unaware of how cool Firebird was. Warlock is just fantastic.

Yeah, too bad it has the very basic patch browser.

UrbanEric wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:03 am I am running version Warlock 1.0 RC4 - can anyone (Markus?) confirm that is the latest version?
It's the latest one.
Where is the Warlock update?
You already got the latest version. That's why there is currently no update on the downloads page available.
Patch management could use some work
Warlock is a cheap synth for only €59. That's why it comes with a reduced feature-set.
A patch browser, however, has already been requested for several times. So it's a ho candidate for an update.
Warlock is just fantastic.
:)

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:25 pm Warlock is a cheap synth for only €59. That's why it comes with a reduced feature-set.
A patch browser, however, has already been requested for several times. So it's a ho candidate for an update.
I understand and respect your decision Markus, but I believe a proper patch browser would make it even more competitive on the market.

If Warlock receives an update, which supplies it with a proper patch manager, I will buy it straight away because I like everything else about it. A good patch browser would make this a no brainer, no need to add anything else really.
Markus Krause wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:25 pm A patch browser, however, has already been requested for several times. So it's a ho candidate for an update.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

UrbanEric wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:03 am ZincT wrote: ↑Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:58 am
I am running version Warlock 1.0 RC4 - can anyone (Markus?) confirm that is the latest version?
This is the latest version.
Updates can be downloaded here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html
-------------------------------------------
Where is the Warlock download/updater? There is nothing on that page for Warlock. The last version (email) I have is 1.0rc3 (working fine). I sent email to Tone2 begging for AU and (if possible) M1 Native and even AAX support. Also to grab the latest build (assume 1.0rc4). Love the synth, works great Unified (THANK YOU ZincT!!).
Glad you enjoyed it Unified. :tu:

One thing with Warlock that I cannot figure out, and doesn't appear to be covered in the manual...

If I am working with a factory preset and tweak some parameters, the only way I can revert to the original preset is by restarting Warlock.

Otherwise Warlock seems to retain my tweaks for that patch performed during that edit session no matter if I select a different patch and then attempt to reload the original version of the preset that I was working with. My changes to that preset seem have been retained, but I did not save them. If I init that patch or hit random, those changes seem to be applied to that preset, and I cannot get the original back. I just want to be able to revert my changes in that edit session and start over.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I think you're asking for a 'reset this patch to the default factory values' option. This is possible in a future update

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:32 am I think you're asking for a 'reset this patch to the default factory values' option. This is possible in a future update
Markus, thanks! Yes, that would be great!

For example with Saurus 3, anytime I change a parameter in a preset, all temporary edits are lost if I do not save that as a new preset before I hit the "next" arrow. Say that I hit "next, and then "back", in Saurus I arrive back at the original factory preset again, and any temporary changes are gone.

Never actually needing to "reset this patch" or "revert the changes", as this is done automatically in Saurus. I believe that this is the preferred behavior.

No. Not all users appreciate this. The complete persistence in Warlock was explicitly requested during the beta phase by several users. People complained that Warlock 'forgets' their random-button-patches after a program change. That's why I implemented it this way.
A 'reset current patch to the default factory sound' in the FILE menu is a good compromise for everyone.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm No. Not all users appreciate this. The complete persistence in Warlock was explicitly requested during the beta phase by several users. People complained that Warlock 'forgets' their random-button-patches after a program change. That's why I implemented it this way.
A 'reset current patch to the default factory sound' in the FILE menu is a good compromise for everyone.
I wasn't aware of those requests, but now in context of the very cool "random" feature, it makes much more sense! :tu:

So yes, a revert button or command would be very handy otherwise. In this particular case, have you ever considered implementing an "undo" history, such as other applications, like Photoshop, that require many destructive edits have?

Return to “Instruments”