(✖╭╮✖)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Yeah! Sounds great :clap:
Arrangement is very good )
Some misbalance there, but it's the case for further work

eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Sounds like finished! On this listen I particularly like the horn at 20% left panning at about 15% mark (can't pinpoint the minute:second!). It has some sweet vocal qualities and for the split of a second I thought it was an Aah vocal! It can be even sweeter if you want to emphasize!

shawshawraw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:07 pm Sounds like finished! On this listen I particularly like the horn at 20% left panning at about 15% mark (can't pinpoint the minute:second!). It has some sweet vocal qualities and for the split of a second I thought it was an Aah vocal! It can be even sweeter if you want to emphasize!
I think the part your talking about is U-He Hive with some formant oscillators to give it a vocal quality. I've had Hive for a while but never used it. I really love how it sounds. I'm going to start another track now and do a lot of the sound design with it. There are actually 4 instances of Hive in this song.

Thanks for listening as always shawshawraw :)
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:17 pm I think the part your talking about is U-He Hive with some formant oscillators to give it a vocal quality. I've had Hive for a while but never used it. I really love how it sounds. I'm going to start another track now and do a lot of the sound design with it. There are actually 4 instances of Hive in this song.

Is it a U-He??! Damn I thought it was a sampled horn!

I love your taste of sounds!

shawshawraw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm
eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:17 pm I think the part your talking about is U-He Hive with some formant oscillators to give it a vocal quality. I've had Hive for a while but never used it. I really love how it sounds. I'm going to start another track now and do a lot of the sound design with it. There are actually 4 instances of Hive in this song.

Is it a U-He??! Damn I thought it was a sampled horn!

I love your taste of sounds!
Sorry, the horn is sampled(Kontakt Session Horns Pro Trumpet 1) the but there is a U-He layer behind it for that ah you mentioned. I usually put a ton of reverb on horns, sometimes 100% wet(I think it's 75% here), so they really ring out.
Last edited by eassae on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:26 pm Sorry, the horn is sampled the but there is a U-He layer behind it for that ah you mentioned. I usually put a ton of reverb on horns, sometimes 100% wet, so they really ring out.
Tricks learned!!

It was fascinating going through all 5 versions in order and hearing the changes made. On the whole this piece seems to have less of a "jazzy" style than some of your earlier tracks. In the opening minute or so I was reminded of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, before the more electronic elements took centre stage. It was a very pleasant blend of music and timbres which flowed and complemented each other very well.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:16 am It was fascinating going through all 5 versions in order and hearing the changes made. On the whole this piece seems to have less of a "jazzy" style than some of your earlier tracks. In the opening minute or so I was reminded of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, before the more electronic elements took centre stage. It was a very pleasant blend of music and timbres which flowed and complemented each other very well.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic! Yeah this was a bit of a departure from the stuff I've been doing lately, also not having the drums was really unusual for me. I guess I needed a change…maybe just for a track, but who knows. The ending was/is killing me on this, I rewrote it probably 10 times, and I'm still not sure if it's completely integrated. My favorite part is the first 32 bars, I'm glad you noticed that section as well.
eassae.com

Very good work indeed - grabs your attention... then won't let go of it :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:47 am Very good work indeed - grabs your attention... then won't let go of it :tu:
Thanks very much folderol.
eassae.com

interesting how it changed through the process. really good end-result!
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:18 pm interesting how it changed through the process. really good end-result!
Thanks tomtom1 :tu:
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:57 pm (✖╭╮✖) v7 | I think this is it?
Well done soundtrack. I liked the orchestration and arrangement. Enjoyable ambiance and sounds.

Return to “Music Cafe”