UVI Thorus or Rotary?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UVI voucher burning a hole in my pocket, which of Thorus or Rotary do you think is most versatile for experimental music? They both sound great to me and I am thinking Rotary is a bit more unique whereas Thorus is high quality but perhaps covered for me by Ubermod and Multiply
In some ways it doesnt matter because even with the ilok fee I can get whichever one cheap enough to probably get my money back if I don t like it - although the secondhand market has pretty much collapsed so I aint keen on buying something on the off chance of maybe selling it for a $5 profit

Since you can’t sell your voucher, there’s nothing to lose.

If you’re looking for experimental, Relayer and Shade would have been the ticket.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:05 pm Since you can’t sell your voucher, there’s nothing to lose.

If you’re looking for experimental, Relayer and Shade would have been the ticket.
thanks for your reply - I have Relayer and Shade already - that is the bind I am in, I pretty much have everything I want from UVI in the price range I can afford. Nice problem to have of course. Thorus is probably the easiest to sell if I go down that route

but I bought Rotary as it is quite different to anything else I have. Like all the UVI effects the sound quality is high.

Absolutely LOVE Thorus. My #1 chorus modulator. Wait for a good sale (under $50) and get it. I've found nothing better.

Rotary is a pretty niche sound so I haven't been too interested in their rotary speaker plugin. But going by the quality of Thorus, I imagine it's very good.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:40 am Absolutely LOVE Thorus. My #1 chorus modulator. Wait for a good sale (under $50) and get it. I've found nothing better.

Rotary is a pretty niche sound so I haven't been too interested in their rotary speaker plugin. But going by the quality of Thorus, I imagine it's very good.
I can see me getting Thorus as well - beautiful clean sound. Rotary tho is a bit of a surprise - more versatile than I expected. And again with superb sound quality. UVI are one of my go to devs, I also looked at their 8-bit synth and a couple of others and even though they are sampled, the job UVI does with them is exceptional in terms of playability as well as sound quality

Return to “Effects”