Hey! That’s What We Call PADS, vol. 1

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gathering together a large group of fourteen top-tier seasoned sound designers, Hey! That’s What We Call Pads, vol. 1 contains 240 presets and is the first soundset in a series that explores a singular category of sound. In this volume, pads are in focus and the synth is Serum.

Contained within is an expert blend of aesthetics imprinted with each sound designer’s unique sonic signature. Every preset is an expression of their own personal sensibilities and each designer’s unique take on pads is different from the other.

Hey! Pads stands among one of the largest ever ‘pads only’ collaborations on a single soundset, and with 240 presets, there is a veritable cornucopia of pads to choose from.

The impressive cadre of sound designers include: Arksun | The Unfinished | Venus Theory | Bigtone | S1gns of L1fe | Erot | Electric Himalaya | Airwave | Oblivion Sound Lab | Michael Oakley | Lauge | Sonic Underworld | Echo Season | Luftrum, featuring sound sculptors who have worked with leading synth companies such as Korg, Steinberg, Arturia and Waldorf and collaborating with the biggest names in the industry from Hans Zimmer to Armin van Buuren.

In addition, the set comes with 150 custom handcrafted wavetables created by Luftrum. These wavetables are all based on pads and augment Serum’s factory content with new timbres. The wavetable pads are included with the set but can also be ordered separately.

The set also comes with a new free 'Raven Black' Serum skin, in dark grey colors and with black keys, designed by Luftrum. The skin alone is 100% free, and can be downloaded directly from the product page, but is also included with the purchase.

https://www.luftrum.com/heypads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EawLuhqkFcE
Last edited by Luftrum on Wed May 25, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Haha, I'm tempted to buy it on the clever name alone :D

dumbledog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:24 pm Haha, I'm tempted to buy it on the clever name alone :D
:lol:

Introducing one of the demos for the soundset, a cinematic demo by Jonathan vd Wijngaarden using only pads from the set. The presets used are:

Counterpoint (TU)
Copenhagen Ltd II (LUF)
Data Cloud (VT)
Deep Dreams (ES)
Ace 1985 (LUF)
Mezzotint (TU)
Mountain Breeze (LAU)
Rapt (TU)
Delta Horizon (ARK)
Departure (LAU)
Altered States (mw+pb+vel) (BT)
Endings (VT)

Jonathan vd Wijngaarden - 'Everything That Exists'​

https://youtu.be/Gl--JRQ_eIw
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Together with the soundset, I also released a new Serum skin named 'Raven Black' in dark grey colors and with black keys. It is 100% free and no registration or purchase is required. The skin can be downloaded directly from the soundset page. Enjoy!

https://www.luftrum.com/heypads/

Luftrum
Sound Designer

Also included with the soundset are 150 custom wavetables by Luftrum. The wavetables can be ordered separately if you don’t have Serum, and just would like the wavetables alone.

The wavetables form the perfect basis for synth pads, string pads, analog and digital pads, and loads in any wavetable synth such as Vital, Serum, Pigments and Phase Plant and hardware synths such as Korg Modwave, Waldorf Quantum and Iridium, Novation Peak and Summit etc.

See a short demonstration of the wavetables here:

https://youtu.be/hd6jPliaGuM
Luftrum
Sound Designer

That is what I call synthesizer sounds! 'Everything That Exists'​ :clap:

More videos please with patch information.
Last edited by OrionAlpha101 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Humbled and honored to be a part of this amazing soundset! Great work by all and thank you Luftrum for having the genius to put something like this together.
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:37 pm Humbled and honored to be a part of this amazing soundset! Great work by all and thank you Luftrum for having the genius to put something like this together.
The honor is on my side Mr. Chris. Next volume is in the cooking by the way, the theme will be Bass but the synth is yet to be decided. Suggestions are welcome.

By the way Hey! Pads is still flying off the shelves like hot cookies! So to those who missed it, take a listen if pads are your thing and you happen to own Serum (there's 240 pads in the set, from 14 different sound designers) or at least just grab the free dark Serum skin, if you (like me) prefer darker-themed synth interfaces. 8)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

What synth should vol. 2 be made for?

Vol. 1 was Serum, the theme was PADS and it was a 14 sound designer collab. We are following up with vol. 2: BASS. Reply and let us know the synth you'd like to see it created for. Among all replies, one random winner will receive the set on the day of release.

Luftrum
Sound Designer

I wish it would be Model 72 from softube, but I think either Repro-1 or even the Legend may make more commercial sense.

rsp
sound sculptist

Dune 3

Luftrum wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 pm What synth should vol. 2 be made for?

Vol. 1 was Serum, the theme was PADS and it was a 14 sound designer collab. We are following up with vol. 2: BASS. Reply and let us know the synth you'd like to see it created for. Among all replies, one random winner will receive the set on the day of release.
Now this may be the most obvious suggestion ever, but I´d like to get that for Serum, too. There´s too many bad, scratchy wubwub basses for Serum, not enough PPG.

Dmitry Sches´ Thorn would be another interesting candidate, but I´m not sure about the market potential for Thorn soundsets.

Please don´t make it the 2.453rd Omnisphere soundset :hihi:

Arturia’s Pigments would be a nice synth to dig into. You have granular, wavetable and sample-based tools to work with for a seriously eclectic bass soundset. It’s onboard effects and sequencing ability is effective for just about any genre or style. It can sound extremely digital or you can warm it up by using custom wavetables like your pack for pads. Pigments definitely deserves a nomination!! :tu:

Basses for Repro 1, please 🙂 Or Legend.

MODO Bass :D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Soundware”