What's so great about Melda ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spent like 20 minutes trying to make a trancegate in the UI of one of their plugins, then went to a different plugin and did it in 20 seconds.

I don't even mind the basic UI style for most of their plugins, but the usability on some (but definitely not all) of their plugins is horrendous.

Man people are babies... Their UIs are ugly but the learning curve is really not that bad and once you learn one the rest are very similar. They also have a large number of free plugins available and they're actually useful. For example MConvolutionEZ is a pretty great sounding free reverb.

I feel sorry for people who can't get past an ugly UI. Ya'll remind me of a friend who can't watch movies unless they're in 4k lol.

I don't gel with the UX/UI of Melda. For me their plugins are also not that inspiring. I've currated my Melda tools to include only those that I like. But I still don't like the UX/UI and that is a limiting factor for their use on my productions. But, the ones I decided to keep have some unique functionality and interesting sound. It's a personal choice. Some people love Melda's UX/UI and sound and use Melda primarily. You'll have to demo and/or buy a few and see how you like them.

With so many parameters and plugins it would be hard to create fancy knobs and sliders. Also, this saves so much time for the actual development.

They're cheap. But that's the only thing imo and also the issue. I ran into problems which I solved by buying something more expensive from other companies that then actually worked.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 pm They're cheap. But that's the only thing imo and also the issue. I ran into problems which I solved by buying something more expensive from other companies that then actually worked.
what for example? because they're not cheap at all.

I use Melda plugins. I like the utility one and the tuner. Sometimes you just want a functional plugin not wooden end panels.

expermental wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:20 pm With so many parameters and plugins it would be hard to create fancy knobs and sliders. Also, this saves so much time for the actual development.
With so many parameters and plugins, it is easy to create fancy knobs and sliders if you are using the right framework, which saves so much time for the actual development. :D

Also - aside from maybe Airwindows, which uses the default system UI, UI design IS part of the actual plugin development process.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:09 am pick "Argon" style when you download them.
Not sure why it isn't the default
kritikon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 am I hadn't spotted their pitch shifter. I might have to have a close look at that one. I was eyeing up the Eventide pitch shifters but I just can't get past iLok - that's a real deal-breaker for me. Now it's been mentioned, it's obvious that Melda make a pitchshifter, but I never thought about it. I shall check it out tomorrow. :tu:
the problem with eventide's Quadra/Octavox is that it doesn't shift formants.
For auto-harmoniser type check MUnison.
Thanks. Will do. :tu:

Really unique company. Stubborn developer with a lot of skills :D
Some stuff isnto convoluted imo. Some plugins are unique some are just like wtf why?
I don't mind the GUI at all I think it's smart and coherent though kinda frustrating sometimes. I only have the Granular one and MMultianalyzer but use them a lot. I don't like the pricing scheme, weird bundling of effects and I really don't like the installer. I wish I could afford MXXX but 500-1000 bucks is way to much for me. 250 would be my weak point for it.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I have mxxx and I haven't used it once. I don't even know how I'd use it without turning the source sound into chipmunk space aliens.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am I have mxxx and I haven't used it once. I don't even know how I'd use it without turning the source sound into chipmunk space aliens.
:( You may want to sell your license :P
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Just a little correction on my part, it was the Titanium skin that I really like and use.

noiseresearch wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:54 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am I have mxxx and I haven't used it once. I don't even know how I'd use it without turning the source sound into chipmunk space aliens.
Ive tried, multiple times. Its impossible, IMO, unless you basically want to give it away for nothing.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 am
noiseresearch wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:54 am
Ive tried, multiple times. Its impossible, IMO, unless you basically want to give it away for nothing.
yeah their plugins are very hard to sell secondhand. I have n o idea why because the pricing is compleely transparent so it is pretty easy for someone to see if it is a good deal or not. Ia've been trying to sell their guitar looper thing for ages with no luck at all. I wonder if anyone ever buys it from Melda sometimes given how hard it is to sell even when cheap.

Return to “Effects”