I'm very worried about reason studios

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:56 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:21 pm I'm on version 10 I haven't upgraded because it's mega expensive ATM and I know it will be cheaper in future anyway I'm ok on 10 for now , it's only the combinator and the mimic sampler really isn't it .
Anyway I'm worried $3 for 3 months again on reason plus
Before that was waves $3 for three months offer on reason plus
Sounds like they need to grab cash
Or there hoping people forget after the three months and stay with it
I'm not likely to stay with something $1 or £1 a month if it goes up to £20 after three months that is a silly buissness model and the likelihood is I would just use it for three months then cancel just to try it out

I reckon that company that owns them will 100% ditch them before long

Same happend with sonar
When the original creators sell things on out goes the passion
I'm happy on reason 10 for now but
It's a little worrying tbh.
I don't understand. Why don't you stick to the perpetual versions?
Because they have jacked up the price to a ridiculous level and have virtually hidden the fact you can do that on their site. Instead you can subscribe and get a generic cliche sound pack each month hi so you can “sound like you” (or the producer of the sound pack you are using…)
- Logic Pro -

I asked matrixo9 for his/her reasons.

bangaio wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:04 pm...Instead you can subscribe and get a generic cliche sound pack each month hi so you can “sound like you” (or the producer of the sound pack you are using…)
Stop with that. You get a lot more with R+ than just sound packs. Right now it's:
- 13 more instruments
- 5 more players
- 2 more effects
- the most current version of Reason, regardless of number
- every new device RS will release going forward
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I'm selling my Reason 11 Suite license for $250. PM me if anyone is interested.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:26 pm
bangaio wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:04 pm...Instead you can subscribe and get a generic cliche sound pack each month hi so you can “sound like you” (or the producer of the sound pack you are using…)
Stop with that. You get a lot more with R+ than just sound packs. Right now it's:
- 13 more instruments
- 5 more players
- 2 more effects
Almost all of which I own as I bought 11 suite. They will never get a penny of my money for a subscription service at all and the fact that they offer the ability to get unfinished, buggy software were even the assets aren't all finished as an enticement is outrageous. If they released say a game or an OS or anything really they would be absolutely slammed for it. For some reason they are sort of getting away with it.

What they do have though are some of the best most fun devices in the business.
- Logic Pro -

bangaio wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:59 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:26 pm
- 13 more instruments
- 5 more players
- 2 more effects
Almost all of which I own as I bought 11 suite. They will never get a penny of my money for a subscription service at all and the fact that they offer the ability to get unfinished, buggy software were even the assets aren't all finished as an enticement is outrageous. If they released say a game or an OS or anything really they would be absolutely slammed for it. For some reason they are sort of getting away with it.

What they do have though are some of the best most fun devices in the business.
Well, obviously I'm not aware of your particular situation and if you have most of RS' stuff then indeed R+ might not be for you. Who knows in 2-3 years, when the library grows and Reason itself is at v13 or something. I'm just pointing out that saying "it's just soundpacks" is disingenuous without saying you have everything else that's extra between R+ and R12. For most people it's not just soundpacks. I don't think I installed single one of them, when I tried R+.

Also, not sure where you get that RS somehow got away with releasing a buggy mess - there's dozens of threads here & elsewhere criticising them about it and people are dumping Reason left & right, which is clear from their desperate sales - in Dec '21 R+ was 50% off, now you can get 3 months for $3, etc.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:03 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:46 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:21 pmI'm on version 10 I haven't upgraded because it's mega expensive ATM and I know it will be cheaper in future anyway I'm ok on 10 for now , it's only the combinator and the mimic sampler really isn't it .
That's not enough and I use reason mate I'm not looking to jump ship ,
I'm just worried

Find a 2nd hand license for 11 Suite and get that - not only you'll get lots of extra devices, but also the workflow stuff they've added in v11 (curved automation, cross-fades, improved track zoom, muting of individual notes, etc.) and a plugin version you'll be able to use in other DAWs. And then sell your Reason 10 license.

Here's one: https://www.knobcloud.com/i/27978/prope ... n-suite-11
Exactly what I'd recommend ! I have the S11 & a monitor that can be turned 90 degree (portrait mode)
- works great. I may upgrade in the future to ( 14 :ud: ) but I doubt ... :party: ....bitwig rules... :clap:

They rent it 3 months for $3 now but they accused me to enrich myself by selling their license :nutter:

I can imagine them panicking and shouting at each other, throwing chairs and papers at each other for the commercial fail :hihi:

I feel good :)

EnGee wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:23 pm They rent it 3 months for $3 now but they accused me to enrich myself by selling their license :nutter:

I can imagine them panicking and shouting at each other, throwing chairs and papers at each other for the commercial fail :hihi:

They also accused me of the same thing and banned me from ever selling (and buying?) a second hand license. F’em.

Woot? How? You sent them a license transfer request, and they accused you of enriching yourself?

I bought and sold a few licenses of Reason, and never got accused of anything. You either bought and resold the same license a few times (and even then... why would they accuse you of anything, if they don't even know the asking price?), or I really have no idea what happened on your side.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:38 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:23 pm They rent it 3 months for $3 now but they accused me to enrich myself by selling their license :nutter:

They also accused me of the same thing and banned me from ever selling (and buying?) a second hand license. F’em.
Oh wow that happened to me once
It's Craig man is a tool

How would anyone make money off a second hand licence wow so laughable
I like reason the software
And listen that's the main thing I got a workable version for the next couple of years , I got some kick ass sounds in my refills , I dunno if I'll ever upgrade
Maybe someone new taking over eventually like bandlab would be a good thing

I sold and bought most of the "top" DAWs several times! I couldn't decide which one is the best for me. Part of it is my fault but part of it is the shit problems that every DAW has (especially after some upgrades). It is not something unheard of! Many users have the same problem as I have and behaving the same (selling and buying the same software several times (to be precise when a new version released)).

So, after they upgraded the GUI size, I was very disappointed because the left several elements the same, so they become pixilated! I waited for so long for such upgrade/update. So, when I was selling it with minor loss (I always loose something when selling and I'm OK with that), their support told me it would be the last time they permit that because they noticed that I've sold the license several times for a profit!! I assured them that I'm actually loosing money when everytime I sell it!! Like most of other new/used software I sold! I had similar problem with Reaper!! Reaper!! It was the first time I wanted to sell my license (version 6) and the support told me that I need to understand that they did the price for little so that people don't sell it again. WTF!! Why you don't make it NFR then?!!

Anyway, I'm glad that I got rid of such piece of shit! I won't touch it even if it is for free! This also apply on Reaper! I uninstalled all their products and I'm happy to use other DAWs (that no one of them accused me of something!).

EnGee wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 am I sold and bought most of the "top" DAWs several times! I couldn't decide which one is the best for me. Part of it is my fault but part of it is the shit problems that every DAW has (especially after some upgrades). It is not something unheard of! Many users have the same problem as I have and behaving the same (selling and buying the same software several times (to be precise when a new version released)).

So, after they upgraded the GUI size, I was very disappointed because the left several elements the same, so they become pixilated! I waited for so long for such upgrade/update. So, when I was selling it with minor loss (I always loose something when selling and I'm OK with that), their support told me it would be the last time they permit that because they noticed that I've sold the license several times for a profit!! I assured them that I'm actually loosing money when everytime I sell it!! Like most of other new/used software I sold! I had similar problem with Reaper!! Reaper!! It was the first time I wanted to sell my license (version 6) and the support told me that I need to understand that they did the price for little so that people don't sell it again. WTF!! Why you don't make it NFR then?!!

Anyway, I'm glad that I got rid of such piece of shit! I won't touch it even if it is for free! This also apply on Reaper! I uninstalled all their products and I'm happy to use other DAWs (that no one of them accused me of something!).
Mate if I had a software company either I would
Make stuff not for resale or not care about what people re sell , I don't get the customer service
At these places your entitled to sell
As I said I don't like certain people's customer service as there are certain people there , but like I said I'm just official with the customer service now I treat it like just software not a community

EnGee wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 am Reaper!! It was the first time I wanted to sell my license (version 6) and the support told me that I need to understand that they did the price for little so that people don't sell it again.
I agree with Reaper. I have an old license somewhere, and I just let it die.

They only have two developers and they would have to employ admin for such basic office tasks as authorizing resells. There time is much better spent developing. Its a fantastic professional class DAW for the money, which costs less than a meal for two in a half decent restaurant. And although its not technically free, they know that many people who cannot afford it just keep on using it anyway.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”