Waiting for What in 2022?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What software and hardware (that control software) are you looking forward to that will likely be released in 2022?

Plugins and Such

MetaSynth for Windows. Hope it will be released in 2022. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=543549

Granulizer 3. https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=515075
“We have already started working on GRANULIZER 3 which will be a major upgrade.”

Melda Sound Factory Sampler and other modules especially Spectral module.

Waiting for the Architect presets/patches https://www.loomer.co.uk/architect.htm

Captain Plugins Epic www.mixedinkey.com Perhaps a major update!

What new plugin is Andy at HGSounds working on? I understand it will be a VST. Please be multi-touch capable and include his famous randomizer musicizer. https://hgsounds.com

ReasonStudios big Players sale.

DAW’s. I suspect all three will be released before June.
FL Studio 21 – Hope it is ARA capable
Mulab 9 - Hope it is ARA capable
Cubase 12 – Hope it resolves some issues so that I can consider it as my Primary DAW.

Hardware

Erae Touch price drop or another alternative.
Sensel Morph larger model. edit: sadly Morph will be discontinued.
Ipad larger screen with velocity sensing.

Added to the list later
Phrasebox 2
Komplete 14
Spectralayers 9. Got it!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plugins: Madrona Sumu

Noise Engineering second wave of VST plugins, especially Desmodus.

DAW: would be nice to see a Bitwig update with a couple of features I'd like. Most of the updates in 2021 weren't things that I use much or at all. But it's fantastic IMHO as it is so I won't complain if I don't get spoiled.

Hardware: I'm waiting on the Xaoc Erfurt, there's a blank space reserved in my modular case for it.

I'm waiting on Aquila's newer strings to be in stock in US shops -- right now a 24 euro set of strings costs 65 euros to order direct :bang: They improved the formulation of their Thunderblack strings but kept the same product ID, and shops still have the older ones in their inventory.

Decent preset management in Massive X.
New ICM components in Guitar Rig 6.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

New GUIs for GForce Oddity2 & Minimonsta please :pray:

instead of more overpriced niche products

Updated Komplete Kontrol firmware developed by people who have actually touched a hardware synth at least once in their lives. Include more than 4 pages per preset, NRPN support (Maschine finally has this, but your flagship controller doesn't?! c'mon), momentary settings for buttons, assignable increment/decrement CC values for buttons, bipolar values for encoders (e.g., -63/+63, L/R), ability to use 5-pin MIDI outputs without having to unplug USB and use separate power... Even better would be a mk3 with all of that plus more encoders/knobs, buttons, and maybe a bank of sliders on all that empty front panel space, multiple MIDI outputs (give it a built-in 2x8 MIDI patch bay!!!), dedicated bank/program change buttons,...

Yeah, yeah, I know. But, I can dream a little, can't I?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

A worldwide epidemic of sanity and kindness. Although I'd settle for antihistamines that actually work -- taking 6-9+ pills at a time to barely get some relief is kind of a hassle.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Jafo wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:14 pm A worldwide epidemic of sanity and kindness. Although I'd settle for antihistamines that actually work -- taking 6-9+ pills at a time to barely get some relief is kind of a hassle.
ain't that the truth? Tough to beat that.

Just a friendly reminder of the current topic for discussion.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 pm What software and hardware (that control software) are you looking forward to that will likely be released in 2022?

mumpcake wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:15 am Decent preset management in Massive X.
I'd also like to see some improvements to Massive X. Not necessarily preset management. Rather stuff like MIDI learn, automation, and some long standing bugs fixed, like, the phase reversed utility oscillators.

EZ Drummer 3.
I'd like to see a Sitala Pro (and I'd pay for it).
RMX 2. (Oh, wait, I thought you said likely realeased in 2032, whoops!)

As far as hardware, I'd love to see Korg make a Wavedrum with some kind of actual editor. They make cheap little MIDI controllers, why can't they make a Wavedrum with some damn knobs on it?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:06 pm Just a friendly reminder of the current topic for discussion.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 pm What software and hardware (that control software) are you looking forward to that will likely be released in 2022?
Oh, k. :) Well, first of all Spire 2. Not sure if won't still take several years though... :(

Which basically makes that invalid to the question again. Hmm... not sure what will likely be released in 2022.

M1 native versions of:
Icarus 2
Guitar Rig 6
Impact
Raum
The Drop
Vital

plus an M1 native drum sequencer that can replace Geist 2, preferably from HY-Plugins, but who knows, maybe TAL is up to something too…

Oh and Zebra 3 of course, but i can perfectly understand if it won't be this year
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The Wavewarden's latest project and something not public yet that I am presently alpha testing.

Erisian wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:16 pm The Wavewarden's latest project and something not public yet that I am presently alpha testing.
tease!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”