Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Dalle wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:09 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 am
kobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:52 am they got what matter the most more or less nailed on massive X so even if it would stay like that it would still be one of the best digital synth either made.
Indeed and what I said a couple of pages back. Anything added further is only going to be a bonus. So, it's best to leave any expectations aside for Massive X to avoid disappointments.
Maybe, if they still didn’t say this on their product page:
MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular free updates
indeed :lol:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 am
kobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:52 am they got what matter the most more or less nailed on massive X so even if it would stay like that it would still be one of the best digital synth either made.
Indeed and what I said a couple of pages back. Anything added further is only going to be a bonus. So, it's best to leave any expectations aside for Massive X to avoid disappointments.
it s suprising but serum can sound a lot alike, i think the ui of a synth really add something to sound perception , sort of placebo things .. i m often suprised to get almost same sounding patchs (not programed the same) out of many different synths that i tought sounded not similar.

it remind me digital eq, some people bought the same eq with different ui for years and i m wondering if i don t do the same with synths sometimes, features are not the same but almost any sound can be more or less matched by different synths ,sometimes it s probably not possible offcourse.. but it happen more than i thought

kobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:40 pm I think the ui of a synth really add something to sound perception , sort of placebo things ...
:tu: :clap:

Developers are exploiting this psychological weakness in a world where a lot of people making music with digital tools are listening with their eyes...

After all....

If it looks like a pig,it must be a pig right :wink:
No auto tune...

Massive X indefinitely holds down notes (Ableton 11.1, M1 Mac)

I've had this bug now. Does anyone else have this problem? The problem occurs only when I draw a note or import some midi files in that Midi track in Ableton. The notes keep playing once I press stop or pause. I have to delete the note I drew or imported midi clip and even worse, I have to delete or duplicate the Midi track into a new one in order for the sound to stop, if not it never stops!

Driving me crazy. I would love to use this synth but its such a hassle to use like this!

spnc wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:11 pm Massive X indefinitely holds down notes (Ableton 11.1, M1 Mac)

I've had this bug now. Does anyone else have this problem? The problem occurs only when I draw a note or import some midi files in that Midi track in Ableton. The notes keep playing once I press stop or pause. I have to delete the note I drew or imported midi clip and even worse, I have to delete or duplicate the Midi track into a new one in order for the sound to stop, if not it never stops!
Are you on Big Sur? This problem disappeared after I updated to Monterey. I guess it’s a bug in Apple‘s AU hosting service.

nanostream wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:50 pm
spnc wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:11 pm Massive X indefinitely holds down notes (Ableton 11.1, M1 Mac)

Are you on Big Sur? This problem disappeared after I updated to Monterey. I guess it’s a bug in Apple‘s AU hosting service.
Okay someone helped me out on Reddit, and this M4L device fixes it ! Yeah finally it's working.

"I run into this issue when the hold pedal had recorded automation holding it down but didn’t release before a clip ended.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... tthefuckup

I think the issue happens because the vst never gets a note off message, place this in your midi track. Everytime you pause it sends all notes off message but you can also click the button to manually do it, super appropriately titled too haha how I’m always feeling in that moment"

S*FU :)

nanostream wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:50 pm

For the record, I'm on Monterrey the latest version of everything macOS, Ableton, Massive X etc.

And I remember not having this issue on earlier versions of Massive X while on Big Sur, so quite the opposite for me xD

Oh well this M4L fixes it so that's all good now luckily.

I thought there might have been a proper preset browser released. Still no??

Did they ever fix the scanning library Everytime you start the vst bug?

damayor wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:15 am Did they ever fix the scanning library Everytime you start the vst bug?
I don't think so. Massive X scans for user presets every time a new instance is opened. I hope they give an option to disable it or do it in background like original Massive. Currently it is a bit annoying indeed.

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:43 am I thought there might have been a proper preset browser released. Still no??
Yeah that's my only remaining criticism coming from different VSTs before. Massive X browser sucks, it resets the browser every time you get back into the plugin view.

But other than that omg, what a synth! So many modulations, every sound is interesting, especially for soundscapes and crazy tweaks I need to find more synths like this in the future (vst and/or hardware like this! RIch, modern and modulated sounds, not hard to use.

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:43 am I thought there might have been a proper preset browser released. Still no??
No, but if you load Massive X into Komplete Kontrol, that provides a decent preset browser. It lets you search by bank, tags for instrument types and sound characters, plus there is a search box.

Bonus: KK also provides 8 macro knobs corresponding to the 16 macros in Massive X. KK allows MIDI learn from your controller for those 16 macros.
Last edited by zzz00m on Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:11 pm
No, but if you load Massive X into Komplete Kontrol, that provides a decent preset browser. It lets you search by bank, tags for instrument types and sound characters, plus there is a search box.

Bonus: KK also provides 8 macro knobs corresponding to the 8 macros in Massive X. KK allows MIDI learn from your controller for those 8 macros.
It does but what it doesn't allow you to do is create bank names for existing or new banks which is crazy so they are still all in one increasingly long list

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:14 pm

Bonus: KK also provides 8 macro knobs corresponding to the 8 macros in Massive X. KK allows MIDI learn from your controller for those 8 macros.
It does but what it doesn't allow you to do is create bank names for existing or new banks which is crazy so they are still all in one increasingly long list
Yes of course, that is my problem with it and why I only made one massive expansion pack. :(

The sounds I got out of it are unlike any other synth I've used. Really gnarly sounding! :hihi:

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:22 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:14 pm

Yes of course, that is my problem with it and why I only made one massive expansion pack. :(

The sounds I got out of it are unlike any other synth I've used. Really gnarly sounding! :hihi:
Thanks for confirming what I have long suspected. I keep flagging this up with NI; they are shooting themselves in the foot over this. One of the biggest keys to success of any plugin is the development of a thriving community of third party sound content creators (paid and free). NI should know this as it was one of the main factors in Reaktor and Massive's success, but they seem to be determined to keep a tight control over all sound content creation for Massive X and keep it all in house. In my view this can only result in people eventually losing interest in it, which would be a real shame.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”