Phase Plant , OK Now what ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progtronic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:51 pm So much drama... :lol:

Both vstbuzz and audioplugin.deals have sold (what was basically) Toolbox Pro for around $100. I picked that up (from audioplugin.deals)... and months later used Kilohearts Phase Plant + Toolbox PROFESSIONAL combination discount, and got Phase Plant for around $40.

Now I just upgrade Toolbox Pro when they come out with a few new plugins. Like, right now... I can upgrade and get Convolver for $ 14.18.

So, the deals are out there for this stuff... you just gotta be patient (which is asking a lot... apparently). :party:
Yes, lots of very easy and relatively inexpensive ways to upgrade to all FX (spicily if you buy in the almost permanent sales as everything is discounted of the full bundle price) :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:32 am
progtronic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:51 pm So much drama... :lol:

Both vstbuzz and audioplugin.deals have sold (what was basically) Toolbox Pro for around $100. I picked that up (from audioplugin.deals)... and months later used Kilohearts Phase Plant + Toolbox PROFESSIONAL combination discount, and got Phase Plant for around $40.

Now I just upgrade Toolbox Pro when they come out with a few new plugins. Like, right now... I can upgrade and get Convolver for $ 14.18.

So, the deals are out there for this stuff... you just gotta be patient (which is asking a lot... apparently). :party:
Yes, lots of very easy and relatively inexpensive ways to upgrade to all FX (spicily if you buy in the almost permanent sales as everything is discounted of the full bundle price) :tu:
And now thanks to this thread I know it, so I am slowly building up the full collection. I appreciate all the help.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I know its a bit of a tangent (and I am not saying the KH system is all good, the new 'ecosystem' put me off for a while) but there are a lot of benefits with the way it works especially once you have full set...

With IK and NI for example, I have their 'everything bundles' (ultimate, studio MAX etc) so it is pretty pointless to get the new stuff as it comes out of the year as I know at some point I will get it 'all' for the bundle upgrade price and I will get no discount for the stuff I have already bought since the last bundle...so I only ever buy on major bundle upgrades and have to wait for new stuff. The KH system gets around this with a drip feed of new stuff (snapins) at super affordable prices (like 10-20 bucks) so you can get it wen it comes out and not have top wait to upgrade top 'ToolKit Pro 11' at some point...

Anyway, pro's and cons...but it does sort of work once you are in....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks for the lively debate, guys. I do appreciate it. Really helped clarify something that was, to me, deeply obfuscated. Glad I engaged.

...Now quite comfortable saying Phase Plant is an exception for my "buy all the things!" rule when it comes to wavetable synths.

Glad you guys like it, though. I get it, now. It makes sense. ...just not interested myself. Cheers.

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:34 am I get my CM issues (whenever a freebie tickles my fancy) from Zinio (digital). Slice EQ was included with CM289 and Carve EQ with CM295. Trancegate, Pitch Shifter and one other, maybe Resonator (it's obscured on the cover) were free with CM261. You should be able to get the back issues from Zinio, that's how I got them both.
Unfortunately, those offers are expired by now on CM's side...

After this whole epic thread, we went from "Theres no filter!" to "Why even multiband? Weird."
And even "Yea i do that in daw."
:roll:
Its possible PP is fairly misunderstood...
ImageImageImageImage

i saw the toolkit ultimate sometimes for around 200 - 250 bucks on the market. maybe this would suit the best ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If nothing else, this thread got me to drag PP out and play with it for the first time in a couple of years. I've accumulated so much stuff, it's hard to remember what's in my collection sometimes, but PP definitely offers me some truly unique options. I'd sort of got over it because of the bland filter and when the Non-Linear Filter arrived, I didn't really put much effort into it and eventually I just forgot about the whole thing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I do think it is a misunderstood synth. I also think 2.0 may bring in some more users. What makes serum useful is its limited, but efficient feature set. Yea, you can do a lot more in PP but it does tend to give me analysis paralysis. I do agree with some that post processing in the DAW feels a bit better than spending a ton of time in PP adding effects and what not. I guess I keep going back to Serum because when I want to do something, its just quick 1-2-3. I hope PP 2.0 is a good update

That's just you, for me PP simplifies everything because I only have to deal with the elements I need. My patches are never as complicated as Serum is. Serum has 4 pages of controls and you can only work on one envelope and one LFO at a time. OTOH, PP has everything on a single page and I can see and interact with everything at once. That makes it a lot easier to use, not harder.

And try doing this with Serum -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEFz2zp ... Kilohearts
Quite simple but highly effective.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vertibration wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 am I do think it is a misunderstood synth. I also think 2.0 may bring in some more users. What makes serum useful is its limited, but efficient feature set. Yea, you can do a lot more in PP but it does tend to give me analysis paralysis. I do agree with some that post processing in the DAW feels a bit better than spending a ton of time in PP adding effects and what not. I guess I keep going back to Serum because when I want to do something, its just quick 1-2-3. I hope PP 2.0 is a good update
This is my experience as well with PP. Despite everything being right there, I find that my eyes / mind wonder around more which inherently slows me down. I REALLY like Snap Heap and Multipass and use them all the time however.

I am looking forward to see what 2.0 has to offer.

vertibration wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 am What makes serum useful is its limited, but efficient feature set. Yea, you can do a lot more in PP but it does tend to give me analysis paralysis.
The thing about modular is that it's so open-ended you should have a fairly clear idea of what sound you're trying to create so you can choose what modules you are going to instantiate. Once you've got your architecture then you're at the starting point a fixed architecture synth is naturally at. So it may help to save some presets of starting points you can load to speed things up.

The more time I spend with it, I can see that you don't actually need ALL the effects, pretty much everything is covered with a few. I like the more unsual ones the non linear filter is really cool tbh, I will probably pick up the more obscure ones over the normal ones. Basics are covered, but the synth itself is pretty cool tbh, glad I got it now.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

As for having all the effects, IMO it only makes sense if you are going to use them in Snapheap or Multipass. In a synth, I prefer modulation and filtering to be internal, and dynamics and EQ to be external. Distortion I can take or leave. It's just the way I prefer to work. The only exception is if I have a multi-timbral patch and want to adjust the dynamics or EQ on one layer, but not the others.

just wanted to add +1 for team Phaseplant. I love that it can be used like a modular synth and I can add as many oscillators or LFOs as I need. you can use modular synth basics to create pretty complex modulation systems (which can be grouped and saved as modulation presets in 2.0 I hear). sometimes I use it to make every sound I want for a song, in a single patch so it's all interacting and feeds back with itself or I'll just build something simple like a gnarly, mono wavetable bass. last week I made some hi-hats using the sampler that I cranked the unison on and then scrubbed through the sample, never heard anything like it.

purchasing system can be confusing but as a user I have always felt the need to express how much I feel they aren't greedy because they give a lot of the FX away for next to nothing. I bought the basic synth when it was on sale. then bought one FX add on when it was on sale. then they sent a coupon for $30. every time I have bought something they send a coupon, so each FX costs like $9. this works great for my budget because I can add a little bit here and there.

anyways, just wanted to share my positive experience with PP and Kilohearts. Cannot wait for 2.0.

Return to “Instruments”