LOOPS (⌒.−)=★♪♬

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:04 pm A somewhat D&B flavor
What is D&B?

The "snare" got a really uplifting sense of space!

shawshawraw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 pm
eassae wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:04 pm A somewhat D&B flavor
What is D&B?

The "snare" got a really uplifting sense of space!
Drum and Bass.

I really like the snare. I used the gated reverb technique. When you get it timed just right with the track it's super nice to the ear.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Hopeful: Captures that sentiment nicely. I might soften (freq. wise) this one up a bit: maybe the piano is gentler and the synth pulse quieter in mix.

I listened to 3 of them and they were all good. Maybe time to pick one and extend it?

Frantz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:44 am I listened to 3 of them and they were all good. Maybe time to pick one and extend it?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=576808

and

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=576949
eassae.com

Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:04 pm Hopeful: Captures that sentiment nicely. I might soften (freq. wise) this one up a bit: maybe the piano is gentler and the synth pulse quieter in mix.
Makes sense :tu:
eassae.com

Sound design phase (。⌒∇⌒)。
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:06 pm Sound design phase (。⌒∇⌒)。
Love the kick and snare and crash (particularly the crash)! Woah they're incredibly clear and move a good amount of air.

The string pad after 50% mark would want some unmasking as I feel it getting in the way against the groove.

shawshawraw wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:59 pm The string pad after 50% mark would want some unmasking as I feel it getting in the way against the groove.
I agree. This is my big mess, train wreck phase of writing. I pile as many instruments into as few bars as I can until the music becomes borderline unintelligible. After I think I have as many instruments as I need or want, then I start arranging. One thing that I like about working this way, is that if I can find a space for a thing when the arrangement is this dense, then it usually sits pretty well when less is going on.

Is it weird to post things in progress?
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:40 pm
I agree. This is my big mess, train wreck phase of writing. I pile as many instruments into as few bars as I can until the music becomes borderline unintelligible. After I think I have as many instruments as I need or want, then I start arranging. One thing that I like about working this way, is that if I can find a space for a thing when the arrangement is this dense, then it usually sits pretty well when less is going on.

Is it weird to post things in progress?
You're on the way mastering the density theory ;) I'll try your approach next time, for example first developing the 2nd verse, or final chorus section as full as possible, and then subtract things from it for earlier repetitions. I always had the headache finding what to add on top.

No, we absolutely have free speech!

shawshawraw wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:01 pm No, we absolutely have free speech!
:lol: :tu:
eassae.com

eassae.com

eassae.com

eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”