accSone's Crusher-X .5 Update Pricing Model

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

It appears that historically, the .5 Crusher-X updates were paid updates similar to Steinberg's model for Cubase/Nuendo. However, I noticed that the Crusher-X 8.5 update was free; does that establish a permanent change to Accsone's .5 update pricing model?

In other words, will Crusher-X 9.5 be free to Crusher-X 9 licensees, or will 9.5 follow the original accSone pricing model?
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:09 pm Hi there,

It appears that historically, the .5 Crusher-X updates were paid updates similar to Steinberg's model for Cubase/Nuendo. However, I noticed that the Crusher-X 8.5 update was free; does that establish a permanent change to Accsone's .5 update pricing model?

In other words, will Crusher-X 9.5 be free to Crusher-X 9 licensees, or will 9.5 follow the original accSone pricing model?
didn't thought about this, but because, the numbering of 9 is very fast...... well interesting what would be the answer...

i take the opportunity to ask one thing, and one remark:

1. MTS-ESP, it starts to interest me, seems to me it would be great for Crusher-X. (MTS-ESP, is from ODDSound, the implemtation for the developer seems no too complicated, as far as i can judge it, that is bad grammar). dynamically changing scales, and per voice. not many synths have it, but.. or not many;

https://oddsound.com/usingmtsesp.php

2. great to see a t.s. eliot quote.....

WasteLand wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 pm seems to me it would be great for Crusher-X.
https://oddsound.com/usingmtsesp.php
It certainly does seem like a feature that would be at home in Crusher-X.
WasteLand wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 pm 2. great to see a t.s. eliot quote.....
The quote explains why we desire music, novels, poetry, movies, and other forms of art.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:33 pm The quote explains why we desire music, novels, poetry, movies, and other forms of art.
interesting; never read it that way, i read the four quartets, well not every year, certainly parts of them, but all of them... but now and then... all of them...

in the passage that follows any desire is tamed... by the still point...

my favorite 'fragment', because 'human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.' is a fragment... or 'quote'...

of that same passage; 'for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at'.'

if you cut oout of what became before, and that is what i did, it works quite differently, and that is also how i use it...

granular treatment of poetry... (that is really the reason why i became so interested in granular, and bought Crusher-X, the way i work has a certain granular approach, in writing... my phrasing is now imprecise.... i discovered, via Rolf Kasten, that how i write and granular synthesis, the posses in way the same procedures.. well... enough poetry, well never enough poetry!)

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 pm my favorite 'fragment', because 'human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.' is a fragment... or 'quote'...

of that same passage; 'for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at'.'
Intriguing...I'm tempted to ask why it is your favorite.
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 pm granular treatment of poetry...that is really the reason why i became so interested in granular, and bought Crusher-X, the way i work has a certain granular approach, in writing... my phrasing is now imprecise.... i discovered, via Rolf Kasten, that how i write and granular synthesis, the posses in way the same procedures..
Very interesting perspective...I enjoyed thinking about the crossover of poetry and granular synthesis. I think I see it now...really brings a fresh perspective on using granular synthesis in compositions.
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 pm in the passage that follows any desire is tamed... by the still point...
What do you think Eliot meant by "the still point"?
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 pm interesting; never read it that way
Go, go, go, said the bird:
human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.

What comes to mind when I read "humankind cannot bear very much reality" is a natural desire to avoid contemplating reality, which in the context of the entire Four Quartets seems to me to be the Last Four Things. But, I must admit, I am just discovering T. S. Eliot's work and I find the language tends to be abstract such that it is easy to read into his work meaning that may not be originally intended.

scott_free wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:33 am
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 pm 'for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at'.
Intriguing...I'm tempted to ask why it is your favorite.
before that subsentence (...), the whole sentence is:

"The unheard music hidden in the shrubbery,
And the unseen eyebeam crossed, for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at.'

it is the 'unseen eyebeam', but i, granular, take that subsentence, as chiasm with looking at objects that are looked at. first of all it gives me deep feeling, there is a strange resonance in that sentence, subsentence.

(i see that chiasm is in english and dutch, never knew it, a rhetorical figure, i know the term from a french philosopher. the crossing of active seeing and what the world 'gives', the world is an unprecise word in this sentence.)

that sentence gives me lot, always, a strange connection? a sentence, a phrasing, that with its timbre gives a feeling of connection?

Very interesting perspective...I enjoyed thinking about the crossover of poetry and granular synthesis. I think I see it now...really brings a fresh perspective on using granular synthesis in compositions.
it was and still is, a link for me for my poetry and music, in a way i write granular poetry, as someone also recognized, that works with granular synthesis, and made an instrument..
that is not the only 'procedure', and of course it lacks certain properties (overlapping grains.. envelopes... etc...), but still....

and it works both ways indeed.
What do you think Eliot meant by "the still point"?
the first thing i think is; the unmoved mover, is that is how it translated it english, from aristotle, but you don't have the know this. eliot defines it itself, indeed with his own words.
but he had studied philosophy, so...

'At the still point of the turning world' (it is my associatieve 'brain', that also thinks of parmenides, but i doubt it is a source, doesn't matter, the power of the reader, in way what roland barthes writes; i paraphrase; when the author dies, the reader gets born.), it is quite religious i think, perhaps some influence of indian philosophy, upanishads, still, but mostly christian, it is written after his baptism...)
What comes to mind when I read "humankind cannot bear very much reality" is a natural desire to avoid contemplating reality, which in the context of the entire Four Quartets seems to me to be the Last Four Things. But, I must admit, I am just discovering T. S. Eliot's work and I find the language tends to be abstract such that it is easy to read into his work meaning that may not be originally intended.
the four quartets are his most 'abstract' poems. what is orignally intended?

i am more of the 'against interpretation' (an essay of susan sontag, worth reading!!), which attacks the intellectual occupation of texts, to disarm them with secundary dissection, and that the secondary interpretations get in a way a higher status then the primary text.
something that also others write about, like george steiner, in his way, or jacques derrida, j.-f. lyotard..

there is of course nothing wrong to want to grasp what is originally intended, but then we also encounter, how can we be sure an intention isn't already not mastered by the master.
but the four things eliot itself mentions, indeed, the four quartets (there is also the influence of beethoven last string quartets, apparently...), explain themselves. as every good poem does, although; the presentation cannot present itself, to quote a philosopher, it is in the resonance, the tension, for me...

well, i stop here. i don't want to ruin the pleasure of reading.

if i read the four quartets, of course i think, but first, and most of all; i feel.

(it is edmund burke that says, the first effect of a word is a feeling, the second; meaning or image. i like that... if it is true, i like it to be true, i think it is true.. but i think the effects of a word or sentence, spoken or by reading, are mostly simulatanous, it is nice to think/feel about how things; like writing or music works. so an 'intellectual' approach don't have to be wrong, it is how it is done, that is the problem..)

i said i would stop! well; i was a philosopher (and specialized in esthetics, ethics and politics, with a intense focus on the relation of poetry with philosophy, i wrote philosophy in a poetic way, so to say, and still had the academic standards.), but i am no more, i can't work anymore, more than 20 years.... well a long story...

but i am a published poet, the last email i received from my publisher, well, don't sell a lot... but have a reputation amongst the poets in my country, luckily a very strange one... well i write unique (friend and foe agree) and strange poetry.

that is why this triggers a lot.... of course... and t.s. eliot, i have more favorite poets, quite a lot, but t.s. eliot i discovered at a moment that was very important, almost at the same time i discovered arthur rimbaud. and i re-read t.s. eliot a lot. also his essays.

i didn't stop, didn't i? i shall clear the grain buffer....

(EDIT: i fill the buffer again; crossovers of different domains; technology, music, poetry, visual art, etc. for me it gives a lot, so these reactions are appropriate here, and certainly with Crusher-X!!)

scott_free wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:09 pm In other words, will Crusher-X 9.5 be free to Crusher-X 9 licensees, or will 9.5 follow the original accSone pricing model?
Sorry for disturbing the very interesting discussion above! Reffering to the original topic and in the essence of clarity: 9.5 will be a free update for crusher-X 9 licenses. Please also refer to our pricing guarantee: https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-guarantee

Best
accSone

freq wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:44 pm
scott_free wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:09 pm In other words, will Crusher-X 9.5 be free to Crusher-X 9 licensees, or will 9.5 follow the original accSone pricing model?
Sorry for disturbing the very interesting discussion above! Reffering to the original topic and in the essence of clarity: 9.5 will be a free update for crusher-X 9 licenses. Please also refer to our pricing guarantee: https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-guarantee

Best
accSone
there was indeed an original topic, but we, or i went haywire; poetry, well, i can't stop talking...

but; thanks for the info, that 9.5 will be a free update! good to know.

Return to “accSone”