RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi magicmusic,

you are right, I promised that long ago...
There was always something more urgent to fix or implement.
This is not forgotten though!

Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 am Hi Attila

Since long time there vote many for controllers in phrases. I think too this feature is very important. but still no controller support in phrases. please can you add this soon ?. it is also good when you can add in phrases easy vibrato or bend up bend half as in guitar pro, so no need to draw controllers.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I'm trying to import midi chords into a current composition, if I select Import it erases everything that's there like VSTs. How do I import midi chords into current composition ?
I haven't used it for a while so maybe I'm just missing something.

Yes I remember that, it would be good. Also being able to save Parts/Regions as these will contain the controllers, I think I mentioned that somewhere and Keyboard Styles also like JJazzLab.
But it's really great what you have already added !
musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm Hi magicmusic,

you are right, I promised that long ago...
There was always something more urgent to fix or implement.
This is not forgotten though!

Thanks,
Attila
magicmusic wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 am Hi Attila

Since long time there vote many for controllers in phrases. I think too this feature is very important. but still no controller support in phrases. please can you add this soon ?. it is also good when you can add in phrases easy vibrato or bend up bend half as in guitar pro, so no need to draw controllers.

Mac Catalina: 10.15.7
RC: 4.3.2
Reaper: 6.3.2

I ran standalone and had a lot of issues. It crashed 3 times over the course of a couple of hours. The last crash I tried to drag a track into my DAW to see if that would deposit midi. In some of the popup info/control windows the text is misaligned and I have to click on the top half of buttons for them to actually work.

I'm testing in VST and that is more stable, plus saving gives me checkpoints.

Are others seeing this amount of instability? Do I have something horribly misconfigured?

I feel like the "cross platform" windowing system being used is just not up to the task. The look and interactions are not stable.

I shared crash data with RC.

Hi magmagwa,

thanks for the crash report! The good news is that I managed to reproduce and fix this crash today. I am building an update which I will send you shortly.

If you simply drag a track, that means changing the order of the tracks. This is where the bug was.

To drag a track as MIDI, you Ctrl-drag the track name, similarly to Ctrl-dragging the 'file' icon to drag the whole composition. (Hover the mouse over the 'file' icon to see some help about dragging.) You can make a selection on the timeline to drag only a part of the composition.

At the moment I cannot find an explanation for the visual issues that you sent me. The program works well for lots of people with retina screens. The only thing that is not perfect when you open RC on a retina screen and move the window to a non-retina screen or vice versa. But using it only on a non-retina or retina screen should work perfectly. I do hope these visual issues will be gone with the update.

Thanks,
Attila

So, I wonder Attila, have you make it all the way thru the purgatory of dealing with Apple Corp. upgrades/changes yet?

Hi Steve,

magmagwa helped me a lot to track down a few serious and less serious bugs, so on Monday v4.3.3 will be announced. After that I can start working on a new tab in RapidComposer, the MIDI Manipulator, which helps to get new fresh ideas from an existing MIDI file by modifying the rhythm/voicing/notes/chords (destructively), selecting 'good' notes while regenerating the rest, etc.

Thanks,
Attila

Wow, what good prospects! ))

Thanks for the update, and congratulations!

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:12 pm
After that I can start working on a new tab in RapidComposer, the MIDI Manipulator, which helps to get new fresh ideas from an existing MIDI file by modifying the rhythm/voicing/notes/chords (destructively), selecting 'good' notes while regenerating the rest, etc.

Thanks,
Attila
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tu: Wow this is going to be another game changer.

Good morning!

I'm so used to fetching the beta ...

Is the v4.3.3 demo actually the full version too, for licensed users?

RC 4.3.3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also, where can we see the version notes? (change log)

Thanks.

Hi
Will we get an update soon to the V4.4 series beta with these changes?
Thanks
BB

sj1 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:24 pm Also, where can we see the version notes? (change log)

Thanks.
you get the new version from inside the app, just like the beta, except, you use "check for update" instead of "check for beta", but, you have to be running the production version, not the beta to do that. The change log is listed on the support tab of the app as well.

Ha, yes, good reminder!

However, I haven't fetched from inside the app in ages, and don't currently have a production version installed.

Can it be done via download link? (ala the picture above, or otherwise?)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”