Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Performance and stability is very impressive on my M1 MacBook Pro. It’s snappy and a pleasure to use :)

They could at least support osx 10.15.x
Dark music for dark lover

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:50 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:06 pm So now even licenses are disappearing. People are using C12 one day and another... "Dear Cubase user, we hope that you have another DAW because Cubase is temporarily unavailable. We deeply believe that your customers will understand the delay." :D
It looks like this new licensing system still needs time to mature.

From one side I feel sorry for those who are in this situation, and they have incoming deadlines, but on the other hand, updating software a few seconds after it was announced is a rookie mistake.
Just FYI - updated on day 2 and no licensing or stability hitches.

Hard to say on performance. Some things seem better, some worse.
I'm glad that it works for you. I think that I'll wait until April when I'll have to work remotely and then I'll get C12 for the laptop. Maybe they will make 12.0.1 update with bug fixes at that time.

also works for me and I'm more than happy because seems
HiDpi resizing still working flawlessly with Reaktor (I was worried a bit )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

They got me - I updated. Started early this morning, just in case it was a problem.
After sorting out some initial snags, I think I'm good to go - fingers crossed.
Tomorrow I'll be ready to start digging into it.

xbitz wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 pm also works for me and I'm more than happy because seems
HiDpi resizing still working flawlessly with Reaktor (I was worried a bit )
I'm curious. May I ask if you're happy with Cubase on it's own with HiDpi? It doesn't look great on your picture for me. A mix or super sharp and unsharp items. I mean the Cubase controls on top of the Reaktor windows for example. Or is it just this picture?

^^^ I'm using Cubase own resizing only with Native Instr. plugins
luckily most of the plugins support zooming natively otherwise it looks fine to me

although still see the C11 HDPi glitches https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-1 ... dpi/734435 but I'm used to them ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

LeVzi wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:16 pm I guess Steinberg realised that they were going to get pirated and just assumed the user base they'd gain and keep from dropping the dongle was worth it.

But dropping VST2 as well, might cause them a hit too.

C12 seems to me like it's in dire need of some fixes.
It is still not clear to me if VST2 is there in the Windows version or not. Until I know for sure... no sale.

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:58 pm It is still not clear to me if VST2 is there in the Windows version or not. Until I know for sure... no sale.
Yup, it's there. Also on the Mac. It's just M1 that doesn't have it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:58 pm
It is still not clear to me if VST2 is there in the Windows version or not. Until I know for sure... no sale.
Most of my plugins are VST3 now, but I found one that is not, Cakewalk Dimension Pro, and I installed it and scanned it in Cubase 12 plugin manager, and it loads fine, so, yes, VST2s still work.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:47 pm Performance and stability is very impressive on my M1 MacBook Pro. It’s snappy and a pleasure to use :)
I’ll second that. Very impressed with this update :)
Thanks Steinberg :clap:

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:07 pm Yup, it's there. Also on the Mac. It's just M1 that doesn't have it.
dellboy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:02 pm Most of my plugins are VST3 now, but I found one that is not, Cakewalk Dimension Pro, and I installed it and scanned it in Cubase 12 plugin manager, and it loads fine, so, yes, VST2s still work.
Thank you both.

xbitz wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 pm ^^^ I'm using Cubase own resizing only with Native Instr. plugins
luckily most of the plugins support zooming natively otherwise it looks fine to me

although still see the C11 HDPi glitches https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-1 ... dpi/734435 but I'm used to them ...
Thanks for the pictures!

Just checking as one of the things with C12 was its compatibility with Win11. It's still performing OK on Win10? I'm not in any hurry to get Win11 and it didn't sound like Win11 is that much different to Win 10 but you never know, it's exactly the kind of thing Steinberg could have f**ked up - they're not exactly No1 at backwards compatibility.

So, how does the Cubase 11 Pro license on the USB key communicate to a non-eLicenser authorization of an upgrade to 12?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”