Latest update: Fyler v1.0 (March 22, 2022)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1.0: first release
  • First release: read more about Fyler here
You can download the update by clicking on "Check For Updates" under the Support tab, or using the download URLs sent to you in e-mail.

Looks good and very usable.

Is it possible to include the RC custom phrase and rhythm files from RC into Fyler. So reading and add comments and reviews? And dragging to RC.

For midi files: Mute and unmute a track works fine. But how to unsolo. I have to unmute all tracks?

Thank you!

Do you mean visually show RC phrases and rhythms, and dragging directly to an RC track? That sounds like a great idea! This way you could set 'rating' and add custom tags and comments to phrases.

In v1.0.1 Ctrl-right click will unmute all tracks.
v1.0.1 will be uploaded in a few hours.

Thanks,
Attila

This looks absolutely fantastic. Instant buy.
I know we are mostly interested in music files but it would be nice to be able to allocate tags to Doc and PDF files.

very nice work! Could it possible to change the video player, or, option to use VLC?

Atrociousness wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:13 am This looks absolutely fantastic. Instant buy.
I know we are mostly interested in music files but it would be nice to be able to allocate tags to Doc and PDF files.
Thank you, Atrociousness!
Actually you can assign tags to any files.
Or do you mean extracting tags from doc and pdf files? Yes, that could be implemented...

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:32 pm very nice work! Could it possible to change the video player, or, option to use VLC?
Thanks, BluGenes! Yes, you can change the existing verbs assigned to file types, to use another software for playback. The included verbs are meant as examples. Add a 'Settings' tab, click on File Types and look for video file types. (I know a fast search would be good to have...)

Thanks,
Attila

I really like Fyler. Going to use it a lot. Finally I have some overview of my pile of files and a very fast listening option.

But I cannot drag files to Reaper. It shows a file with a 1 in Reaper, but nothing happens. Reaper 5.99. Fyler 1.0.3

Maybe one other option could be added, but I can't test it right now. Maybe it is already there. It would be very useful I think: Suppose I solo one track of a midi file, and I drag this to my daw, only this track shows up in my Daw. Then I could move for instance the drum part only. Same for muting. The tracks that are muted, are not copied to the daw.

Hello Pjotter,

when you drag the file itself, all tracks are included. However you can drag the individual tracks if you need to drop only one track. This works in REAPER:

I also tried dropping a MIDI file to REAPER, it shows "1" because you are dragging 1 file. After dropping, REAPER asks you how you want to create the tracks.
Is it possible you started Fyler or REAPER as an administrator? That influences how drag-and-drop works.

Thanks!
Attila

hey just wanted to share an experience.. I don't remember how long ago, but, I had reported a problem with RC in that it kept creating a progression and deleting it, repeatedly. As it turns out, and I just figured this out, it wasn't.

What was going on, is, the progression file was actually "stuck" inside of the Windows Recycle bin, but, hidden. I was able to fix it using Fyler by navigating to the $Recycle.bin folder were it was and manually deleting it. Of course the problem went away.. (you have to run Fyler as Admin)

I use CCleaner to empty trash, and CCleaner didn't clear that like it was supposed to, but still reported it being there.

Happy Ending!

Reaper is running in Administrator mode and Fyler wasn't. With Fyler in Administrator mode, it works fine. Thanks.

Thank you, Atrociousness!
Actually you can assign tags to any files.
Or do you mean extracting tags from doc and pdf files? Yes, that could be implemented...

No, all good. I don't need to extract tags just assign them.

Thanks Attila :love:

I love the functionality of previewing the media in fyler, absolutely awesome and life changing :clap: :love: .

Tags do not work as I expected :?: (I'm probably looking at it the wrong way) but I would expect there to be a tag dropdown and when a tag is clicked all the files with that tag appear (or a tag search function). I would also have thought there could be searching on comments and ratings (and tags). These are obviously general file explorer things rather than music oriented though, but I can't help being an information management obsessed geek. :help: :cry:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”