Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"* When multiple instances of wavestate native were running simultaneously, there could be audible glitches. This has now been fixed."

Right... totally forgot to mention "that" problem, but since I needed to work around the CPU issue and froze every track after recording and edits, it wasn't on my radar... glad this is fixed now! I hope they'll fix the rest soon too! :)

Hi Chris, nice to see you around here. I think you wrote the soundtrack of my youth on the C64, so consider me a fan. :-) I hope you make good use of Wavestate, then (when and if they fix the bugs).

danatkorg wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:51 pm Hi all! We've just updated wavestate native to version 1.0.2, available through Korg Software Pass. Version 1.0.2 includes a number of improvements in response to initial user feedback, as detailed below.
I think you mentioned somewhere that you are part of the team responsible for the Wavestate, but that a different team is responsible for the Opsix. Do you have a counterpart on the Opsix team that is aware of and can communicate about updates similarly for that synth?

trackbout wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:51 pm I think you mentioned somewhere that you are part of the team responsible for the Wavestate, but that a different team is responsible for the Opsix. Do you have a counterpart on the Opsix team that is aware of and can communicate about updates similarly for that synth?
That's right - opsix is from a different team. I can't speak for them, but I'm not sure that they have any plans for direct engagement in the same way. My impression is that they prefer to use the FAQ posts and "Bug Report" features here: https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us.
Dan Phillips
Manager of Product Development, Korg R&D

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:37 pm That's right - opsix is from a different team. I can't speak for them, but I'm not sure that they have any plans for direct engagement in the same way. My impression is that they prefer to use the FAQ posts and "Bug Report" features here: https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us.
Ok cool thanks for confirming, I’ll use the bug report link. For the record, there is a lot of value in having someone from Korg engaged on here to publicly address concerns and provide status updates, particularly with a brand new synth that has significant issues. If you could forward that message to the Opsix team it would be greatly appreciated.

Holy Hell.. 1.02. update deleted all my third party presets.. WTH!!!

Mac 11.6.5 so far.. intel

rsp
sound sculptist

PC give you an option what to install (full install, keep user.. etc)... if the mac installer has those options I missed it.
So I was able to install on PC without messing up my third party presets.
rsp
sound sculptist

Same for me, all third party patches and all user patches are away after the update. Shit, that should not be!!!!

As I see these two native plugin on the website, it seems they are outside of Korg Collection.... On the other hand, i hope the collection owners will receive some kind of special offer.

all my presets are gone.
🇷🇺

When you run the installer, there is an option for updating only vs full install. I think this is the option to choose if you want to keep the libraries untouched.

EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:42 pm When you run the installer, there is an option for updating only vs full install. I think this is the option to choose if you want to keep the libraries untouched.
I only saw that option on PC.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:02 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:42 pm When you run the installer, there is an option for updating only vs full install. I think this is the option to choose if you want to keep the libraries untouched.
I only saw that option on PC.
Rsp
Oh! That's not good then! I hope you have a backup of your work.

zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:39 pm Holy Hell.. 1.02. update deleted all my third party presets.. WTH!!!

Mac 11.6.5 so far.. intel

rsp
I'm really sorry to hear that; preventing data loss is a primary concern. My main machine now is on 12.3.1, Apple Silicon; I will shortly test on 10.14.6, Intel. On the 12.3.1 machine, I removed the sounds from Users/Shared, did a fresh install of 1.0.1, created a few test Performances, and finally did the update to 1.0.2. I confirmed that (a) the option to re-install the sounds is grayed out when upgrading (see screenshot - do you remember if yours looked different?), and (b) that the test Performances were still there. I'll look into this further, and if it's OK, I'd like to contact you via DM for further testing.
sound install unavailable.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan Phillips

Myramalou wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:15 pm Same for me, all third party patches and all user patches are away after the update. Shit, that should not be!!!!
I'm really sorry about that. I've asked to pull down the update until we can figure out what's happening. To help me track this down, what OS and hardware are you using?
Dan Phillips

Return to “Instruments”